Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem can barely talk « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 17, 2009, 10:09:50 PM

I've seen him in 2 interviews. He uses incorrect words , stutters a little bit, sounds like he is inexperienced and in miles over his head. If you guys dont see it then you are clearly blind and cannot have a big boy conversation.

That's why he gets along well with the players.    He's just like most of them.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 17, 2009, 10:15:13 PM

Great we hire a coach that can barely get through a press conference

Your're an absolute disgrace to the fans the represent Tampa Bay.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 17, 2009, 10:15:22 PM

I've seen him in 2 interviews. He uses incorrect words , stutters a little bit, sounds like he is inexperienced and in miles over his head. If you guys dont see it then you are clearly blind and cannot have a big boy conversation.

That's why he gets along well with the players.    He's just like most of them.

Nice job  : /  

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 17, 2009, 10:17:17 PM

Congrats Tampa Bay!!

Former Buccaneers Defensive Coordinator Monte Kiffin
"It is awesome. He had a little closet over at One Buccaneer Place. He is very, very deserving and has worked extremely hard. I want the fans of Tampa Bay to support him because I know Raheem Morris will be a great head coach."
-From PR staff

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 17, 2009, 10:17:59 PM

So he talks fast?

It's better than going through
What kind of offense and defense are you going ot have?

Morris: Well weeeeee willllll have a funnn-de-men-tilllllllllllllllllllll-ist deeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-fense and a funnnnnn-deeeee-mennnn-talll-ist awwwwwwfeeeeense

I'd rather him spit out the answer with a few bumps than take 2 hours to get one sentence

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 17, 2009, 10:53:21 PM

This kind of stuff is ridiculous. It was his first press conference of his NFL head coaching career. Think he might be a little nervous? I found him energetic, engaging, with a great sense of humor. He didn't come across as an arrogant know-it-all. As he grows more comfortable in the limelight, he'll get better. In Tony Dungy's first press conference, he spoke in many generalities as well. I gotta agree with BuccanAy...if you're going to critcize him after his first press conference, you are small minded.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 17, 2009, 10:57:02 PM

He's not a prime-time politician, he's a young football caoch who just got the job of a lifetime. It shows the small-mindedness of alot of people who expect a seasoned communications expert at the podium.

Well from what I've read on here the past few days it seems to me that there is a select group of people on this board who find a problem when people expect anything at all from Raheem. He's not expected to have experience, professionalism, public speaking skills, or even results this year. Can I ask, what is expected from him? Anything? Is he getting a free pass already while Gruden was blasted for literally everything?

Yes, you are of the small-minded lot.

No, I'm of the group who has endured constant bashing of our head coach for the past seven years. And I'm finding it pretty amusing that many here can find so much wrong with one man, and so little wrong with another. In other words, if you cant stand the criticism...tough. Either deal with it, like I did, or head out. Until Raheem proves something, which so far he hasn't, I will question the decision to hire him.

FadeIn

Practice Squad

#37 : January 17, 2009, 10:58:35 PM

Doesn't anybody remember Monte Kiffin in front of a microphone? The guy rambled a million miles a minute and I could catch maybe 50% of what he was saying. Didn't exactly equate to bad coaching. Raheem has been hired to execute a game plan and get w's, not be a spokesperson for the White House. Let's stop with this Raheem can barely talk nonsense.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#38 : January 17, 2009, 11:00:51 PM

Great we hire a coach that can barely get through a press conference

R-A-C-I-S-T

BucsNoles

Second String

#39 : January 17, 2009, 11:02:24 PM

u guys are funny as hell

Same guys that are never happy no matter what goes on with the team.

"Doesn't matter how you start but how you finish."

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 17, 2009, 11:06:37 PM

I've seen him in 2 interviews. He uses incorrect words , studders a little bit, sounds like he is inexperienced and in miles over his head.

Yeah, but I bet he can spell "stutter" correctly.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 17, 2009, 11:08:49 PM

That's why he gets along well with the players.    He's just like most of them.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with his knowledge of the game or ability to inspire them.

I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 17, 2009, 11:11:30 PM

He's not a prime-time politician, he's a young football caoch who just got the job of a lifetime. It shows the small-mindedness of alot of people who expect a seasoned communications expert at the podium.

Well from what I've read on here the past few days it seems to me that there is a select group of people on this board who find a problem when people expect anything at all from Raheem. He's not expected to have experience, professionalism, public speaking skills, or even results this year. Can I ask, what is expected from him? Anything? Is he getting a free pass already while Gruden was blasted for literally everything?

No, I'm of the group who has endured constant bashing of our head coach for the past seven years. And I'm finding it pretty amusing that many here can find so much wrong with one man, and so little wrong with another. In other words, if you cant stand the criticism...tough. Either deal with it, like I did, or head out. Until Raheem proves something, which so far he hasn't, I will question the decision to hire him.

Escobar, the bashing of Jon Gruden was due to the drive time host being a Jock lover. He always sided with the players who didn't have anything nice to say about Jon and it formed his opinon (rightly or wrongly) that Gruden was not man to be in charge. Frankly, I don't understand your stance. This is a new day in Tampa Bay - whether you believe the Bucs should have gotten a more experienced coach or not, its over. Raheem is the man and he deserves his chance to prove to the world he belongs there.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 17, 2009, 11:12:22 PM

I can understand the trepidation people have with Morris, but the guy deserves a chance.  I was a very vocal supporter of Gruden til the 06 season, when the questionable decisions became more frequent, not the least of which was QB.  The beginning for the end for me was the "resting" of players down the stretch of that season and the subsequent flop against the Giants at home.  The tipping point was watching how Gruden made his personell decisions after attending TC first-hand and seeing who was really performing on the field and then not seeing those players play on Sundays.  I gave Gruden 5 years of full support, I can give Morris a season, at least.  

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 17, 2009, 11:12:40 PM

Gruden has a track record as a head coach. Morris does not. Once he coaches a few games, then maybe your post will have some validity to it. I am a HUGE Gruden fan but I have moved on. I was/am sickened to see some of the comments about Gruden on this board but I don't hold that against Morris. And I certainly don't use today's press conference as a barometer of anything. My opinion on Morris is a blank slate right now. I am worried but willing to see how he does before saying too much.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem can barely talk « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools