Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 300 - The movie « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 18, 2007, 01:20:31 PM

you have GOT to be KIDDING ME!

WOW...talk about you fools taking EVERYTHING way too serious. Lighten up, stop freakin analyzing everything for it's historical accuracy and enjoy a damn movie for once. Troy was a good movie, unless you spend the whole 2 hours pointing out everything that was wrong according to your studies... how do people that do this even get laid? your significant others have got to grow extremely BORED with that arrogant crap.

get a life.

Don't cop that I've got a sh$tty education so I'm better than you crap first off. The fact that you are a dumb a$$ doesn't mean I have to wallow in ignorance. You want to watch channel zero, good for you.

Second, the historical inaccuracies would be ok if the movie didn't blow. Troy wasn't a bad movie because it murdered Homer. It was a bad movie because the action sequences were poorly filmed.  The long shots had indistinguishable mobs of dues slamming into each other. The close up shots had nothing going for them becuase they used the Enter Sandman style of directing to mask the bad action elements. If you don't care about historical accuracy go get a decent fight choreographer. The actors mailed in their performances an Brad Pitt looked so disinterested in what was happening I'd be shocked if he'd actually red the script.  The 300 looks to be taking the same tack.

It is also worth noting that the best "war" film in recent memory is Blackhawk Down. A lot of what makes that compelling is that you believe what you are seeing because it feels real - and it should since they trained the actors how to move and shoot like Rangers. You think that isn't the best than Saving Private Ryan is in the mix. Again, it feels real because it is real. Toss in something like Das Boot and there's no conflict between accuracy and entertainment value because accuracy pulls an audience into the film. You never once were watching Troy and think, "Wow, this must have been what it was like to be there."

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 18, 2007, 04:58:09 PM

No but when I was watching Troy I did think, that was bad ass more than a few times. **CENSORED**ty education??? So you assume that because I like watching Troy and could give a **CENSORED** about the historical accuracy of 300 that it means that you have been educated better? Then allow me to refer BACK to a line in my original post ~

"your significant others have got to grow extremely BORED with that arrogant crap."

Give it a rest... if you wanna debate real history...FINE. bring it on with your bad ass education you great scholar you.

But if you wanna enjoy life?

Get off your high horse, shut the **CENSORED** up and enjoy a movie for what it is, an escape from reality meant to entertain you.

That is if you can pull yourself away from the mirror and stop complimenting yourself for 2 straight hours.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 18, 2007, 05:19:17 PM

No but when I was watching Troy I did think, that was bad ass more than a few times. **CENSORED**ty education??? So you assume that because I like watching Troy and could give a crap about the historical accuracy of 300 that it means that you have been educated better? Then allow me to refer BACK to a line in my original post ~

"your significant others have got to grow extremely BORED with that arrogant crap."

Give it a rest... if you wanna debate real history...FINE. bring it on with your bad ass education you great scholar you.

Get off your high horse, shut the fudge up and enjoy a movie for what it is, an escape from reality meant to entertain you.

That is if you can pull yourself away from the mirror and stop complimenting yourself for 2 straight hours.

Ahhh, I see your reading comp skills are great since you  ignore a host of other arguments and instead prove my supposition. Nice. I like it when people actually do my job for me.

"Bada$$", what in the name of heaven and hell in Troy was "bada$$"? No offense (actually plenty of offense), not only don't know know jack you also have lousy taste in action movies.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#18 : January 18, 2007, 05:44:20 PM

Why do you have to be less educated to have enjoyed Troy?

Personally, a good movie is one that digs into my emotions. Comedy, action, drama, suspense, thriller, horror, etc. I thought Troy was decent. I was entertained. I dont understand why people have to overanalyze movies so much that they keep themselves from being able to enjoy it

Pretty harsh to call someone a dumba$$ with a $hitty education because they enjoyed a movie that you didnt

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 18, 2007, 05:59:22 PM

No but when I was watching Troy I did think, that was bad ass more than a few times. **CENSORED**ty education??? So you assume that because I like watching Troy and could give a crap about the historical accuracy of 300 that it means that you have been educated better? Then allow me to refer BACK to a line in my original post ~

Get off your high horse, shut the fudge up and enjoy a movie for what it is, an escape from reality meant to entertain you.

Ahhh, I see your reading comp skills are great since you ignore a host of other arguments and instead prove my supposition. Nice. I like it when people actually do my job for me.

"Bada$$", what in the name of heaven and hell in Troy was "bada$$"? No offense (actually plenty of offense), not only don't know know jack you also have lousy taste in action movies.

I actually thought Pitt's acting was quite well...not sure what made you so clued in to his disinterest... you must be a close personal friend of his... how is he? And since you are so quick to attack my comp skills...how about I attack your basic grammar/spelling skills...Red is not the same as "I read that book".... Red is a **CENSORED**ing color. Typo? of course your highness... nobody with a Harvard education as yours would be such a bad speller.

Bottom line...your arrogance has blinded your ability to enjoy life. You're too busy 'bein cool' and pointing out innaccuracies to actually enjoy anything. Troy was a good movie...too bad you didn't enjoy it..sucks for you. The one on one fight scenes were sweet as hell.

But you don't approve...so us peasants will have to go on living our life knowing that the 'king' of nothing looks down upon us and our 'poor' educations.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 18, 2007, 06:06:07 PM

I liked Troy also and can't wait until 300.WIll i go think hmmm, what will be wrong with this movie? NO, because then that screws up the whole experience

#21 : January 18, 2007, 06:09:57 PM

Having read about the war, I can't say I won't notice little things like that, it's not being an arrogant ass, it's like watching a movie about Pearl Harbor and having the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor, it's inaccurate and if you so happen to be blessed with knowledge of that history you'll get irritated.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 18, 2007, 06:28:35 PM

Yeah, but do you get irritated when Russians speak English in every movie? I mean some things you have to look over

#23 : January 18, 2007, 06:32:41 PM

Point taken, obviously the movie makers have to play to their audiences or else the projects wouldn't sell.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 18, 2007, 06:54:15 PM

Yeah, but do you get irritated when Russians speak English in every movie? I mean some things you have to look over

No, in fact what annoys me is when Russians-speaking English, speak with a Russian accent to let you know they are Russians. Speak English, don't worry about badly done accents.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 18, 2007, 07:02:22 PM

Having read about the war, I can't say I won't notice little things like that, it's not being an arrogant ass, it's like watching a movie about Pearl Harbor and having the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor, it's inaccurate and if you so happen to be blessed with knowledge of that history you'll get irritated.

Game....set...match

#26 : January 18, 2007, 07:26:21 PM

I've got to agree with the historically accurate crowd. Glaring indiscrepencies definitely detract from the ability to enjoy a movie.

I find it a little humorous that bisexuality in Spartan women was quickly brought up but everyone is reluctant to bring up the fact that homosexuality was not just tolerated but encouraged in the Spartan military. Spartan warriors usually had a young male shield bearer who was also their consort. They felt that this made the military unit more psychologically close-knit, more willing to fight and die for each other.

That is, though, one historical detail I could do without in my movies.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 18, 2007, 07:31:03 PM

I've got to agree with the historically accurate crowd. Glaring indiscrepencies definitely detract from the ability to enjoy a movie.

I find it a little humorous that bisexuality in Spartan women was quickly brought up but everyone is reluctant to bring up the fact that homosexuality was not just tolerated but encouraged in the Spartan military. Spartan warriors usually had a young male shield bearer who was also their consort. They felt that this made the military unit more psychologically close-knit, more willing to fight and die for each other.

That is, though, one historical detail I could do without in my movies.

You are referring to the Greek tradition of pederasty. However, it is widely reported that the Spartan version was chaste, i.e. no physical relationships unlike a lot of other Greek City States.

#28 : January 18, 2007, 07:51:59 PM

You are referring to the Greek tradition of pederasty. However, it is widely reported that the Spartan version was chaste, i.e. no physical relationships unlike a lot of other Greek City States.

No, I'm not. It's going to be interesting to see how far you're willing to twist the well documented in order to defend the chastity of your moniker.

#29 : January 18, 2007, 11:45:23 PM

this isnt a documentary, so historical accuracy wont make this movie for me. It is frank miller's 300. It will be a kickass movie just like Sin CIty was. When MArve (Sin City) falls off buildings and doesnt die, it didnt make me disllike the movie. when wyle e coyote didnt die in the roadrunner cartoons did it make you mad as a kid because it was so unrealistic?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 300 - The movie « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools