Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scott Linehan a strong candidate(Rotoworld) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
: January 18, 2009, 08:17:59 PM

Scott Linehan has reportedly emerged as a "strong candidate" to become the Bucs' next offensive coordinator.

This job could be very appealing to Linehan, who turned down the 49ers early Sunday. The Bucs have a young offensive line that dwarfs anything Linehan had in St. Louis and he could hand pick many of his skill players because Jeff Garcia, Antonio Bryant, and Michael Clayton are unrestricted free agents.
Source: St. Petersburg Times
Related: 49ers, Rams

http://www.rotoworld.com/

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 18, 2009, 08:19:52 PM

Interesting

armydx316

Starter

#2 : January 18, 2009, 08:20:36 PM

from st. pete times....

Former Rams coach Scott Linehan has emerged as a strong candidate to become the Bucs offensive coordinator.

On Sunday, Linehan declined an opportunity to become the 49ers offensive coordinator, saying the decision wasn't based on salary.

Linehan, 45, is believed to have several opportunities. In addition to the Bucs, he could be a candidate to join the New York Jets if Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan is hired as head coach.

He says he has been contacted by other teams about positions and expects to attend the Senior Bowl in Mobile.

"I'm going to have to move some time,' Linehan told the Associated Press. "I've got to find a spot here sooner or later. I'm trying to figure out what's the best situation for the Linehans.''

"It's just timing right now. I'm just not ready to make a decision...I just wouldn't want to leave (49ers coach) Mike (Singletary) or (general manager) Scot (McCloughan) or anybody hanging and drag this thing out.''

The hiring of an offensive coordinator is considered the most important decision that has to be made by new coach Raheem Morris, whose expertise is defense. And the Bucs have to fill the play-calling void left by the firing of coach Jon Gruden Friday.    

Linehan was an offensive coordinator with the Vikings (2002-04) and Dolphins (2005). In Minnesota, his offense ranked second, first and fourth in the NFL.

Linehan was fired in the third season of a four year contract as Rams head coach after starting the season 0-4. He was 11-25 with St. Louis.

Morris and new general manager Mark Dominik did not return messages left by the Times Sunday night.

Linehan has had a history of building NFL offenses from scratch, having accomplished that in Minnestoa and Miami.

In Tampa Bay, he would inherit the second-youngest offensive line in the NFL, a puzzle at quarterback and top receiver Antonio Bryant eligible for free agency. Brian Griese and rookie Josh Johnson are the only quarterbacks under contract for the Bucs.

i don't know about this guy since i don't know much about the type of offense he runs. i'd rather have bates

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 18, 2009, 08:21:10 PM

Interesting
Is it really?

Linehan has done what with what?

Next.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 18, 2009, 08:21:31 PM

Broncos named former Panthers QBs coach Mike McCoy offensive coordinator.
This virtually rules out any chance of Jeremy Bates returning. McCoy's role will be relatively minor under offensive-minded Josh McDaniels, who will call the plays. McCoy will focus on game planning and Jay Cutler's progression.

I guess this makes Bates a strong possibilty as well right?

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 18, 2009, 08:21:56 PM

Linehan would be a nice option since he is a  veteran assistant coach that could aid Morris in implementing an offensive style.  I think Bates will be the choice, but Linehan wouldn't be a bad option either.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 18, 2009, 08:22:37 PM

I like it...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 18, 2009, 08:24:17 PM

Linehan would be a nice option since he is a  veteran assistant coach that could aid Morris in implementing an offensive style.  I think Bates will be the choice, but Linehan wouldn't be a bad option either.
Bates would be my wish in this matter.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 18, 2009, 08:30:18 PM

i would want Bates , looking at Linehan i dont see anything special he did in MINI or with the rams

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 18, 2009, 08:31:03 PM

Wonder if he will bring Valero with him?

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 18, 2009, 08:33:05 PM

Bates or bust

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 18, 2009, 08:33:39 PM

Between Linehan or Bates it seems like there will be an emphasis to push the ball downfield.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 18, 2009, 08:34:27 PM

Between Linehan or Bates it seems like there will be an emphasis to push the ball downfield.

Thank god!!!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 18, 2009, 08:35:31 PM

Thank god!!!
yeah but who will be pushing the ball

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 18, 2009, 08:36:11 PM

Thank god!!!
yeah but who will be pushing the ball

Hey let us have our moment for now... >.>
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scott Linehan a strong candidate(Rotoworld) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools