Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scott Linehan a strong candidate(Rotoworld) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 18, 2009, 09:00:21 PM

Linehan was an offensive coordinator with the Vikings (2002-04) and Dolphins (2005). In Minnesota, his offense ranked second, first and fourth in the NFL.

What am I missing here, Boid? Are those rankings misleading? Seems like a decent option.
YOU, my friend, could have been named as a top flight O-coordinator with the Rams offense back then.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#31 : January 18, 2009, 09:00:53 PM

Bates or Linehan would be welcomed by me.

I would prefer Bates, I really like what he has done with Cutler. I also like his history here and his relationship with Rah. However Bates is also a possible HC candidate next year, while Linehan could be around for a little longer.

Yeah, well Muir and Mann have been around longer...

Careful what you ask for.
That makes absolutely no sense in relation to my post lol....

Muir has been a bust ever since he got here and has been carried by Gruden, Linehan while he may have failed with the Rams, which isn't hard to do with that OL, he also has put together some great vertical attack offenses. Like I said, I would prefer Bates, but I think having consistency at OC could be a good thing too.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 18, 2009, 09:02:46 PM

What has Bates done as far as calling plays and how have his offenses fared?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 18, 2009, 09:03:08 PM

Bates or Linehan would be welcomed by me.

I would prefer Bates, I really like what he has done with Cutler. I also like his history here and his relationship with Rah. However Bates is also a possible HC candidate next year, while Linehan could be around for a little longer.

Yeah, well Muir and Mann have been around longer...

Careful what you ask for.
That makes absolutely no sense in relation to my post lol....

Muir has been a bust ever since he got here and has been carried by Gruden, Linehan while he may have failed with the Rams, which isn't hard to do with that OL, he also has put together some great vertical attack offenses. Like I said, I would prefer Bates, but I think having consistency at OC could be a good thing too.
Muir was highly recommended by guys like The Tuna.  He is reputable in the NFL, although his stint in Tampa has been less than admirable, IMO.  As far as the Rams offense goes...c'mon man.  

Look at Mike Martz in Detroit, and in Frisco.  Sometimes you walk into ideal situations.

That is what I am assuming with Linehan.  He was a dud as a coach.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 18, 2009, 09:03:46 PM

Denver?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 18, 2009, 09:04:54 PM

Just as impressive with what he did in Denver and tutoring Jay Cutler.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 18, 2009, 09:05:01 PM

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/145973-broncos-give-bates-ok-talk-raiders.html

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 18, 2009, 09:05:07 PM

Linehan would also mean no more WCO.

I'm sold  ;D

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 18, 2009, 09:05:19 PM

Denver?

I know that but what are his stats/rankings? I'm relying on your knowledge of the situation since I don't pay too much attention to most other teams.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 18, 2009, 09:07:20 PM

I think Bates said he would only go to Oakland as a HC

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 18, 2009, 09:07:49 PM

Linehan would also mean no more WCO.

I'm sold  ;D
Do the Lions run the WCO?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 18, 2009, 09:07:56 PM

Ok, I didn't realize that Bates, as QB coach, had a big hand in play calling, along with the OC. That's the piece of the puzzle I was missing. OK I choose Bates.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 18, 2009, 09:08:00 PM

Linehan was an offensive coordinator with the Vikings (2002-04) and Dolphins (2005). In Minnesota, his offense ranked second, first and fourth in the NFL.

What am I missing here, Boid? Are those rankings misleading? Seems like a decent option.
YOU, my friend, could have been named as a top flight O-coordinator with the Rams offense back then.

Huh? With the Rams?  When has there ever been the Miami Rams or the Minnesota Rams?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 18, 2009, 09:08:14 PM

I've always liked the zone blocking effectiveness, but didn't like the chop block nastiness of it.  I think our guys have the right size and agility to make it work...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 18, 2009, 09:09:25 PM

Huh? With the Rams?  When has there ever been the Miami Rams or the Minnesota Rams?
Sometimes you walk into the right situation is what I am getting at...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scott Linehan a strong candidate(Rotoworld) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools