Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scott Linehan a strong candidate(Rotoworld) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#90 : January 19, 2009, 11:19:26 AM

Linehan was an offensive coordinator with the Vikings (2002-04) and Dolphins (2005). In Minnesota, his offense ranked second, first and fourth in the NFL.

Could be the veteran OC Raheem needs for support. Definitely worth a long look.
He had a lot of inconsistent seasons.

He was let go for failing to develop a presentable offense.  As a matter of fact, it was atrocious.

Cam Cameron failed miserably as a HC too. He rebounded very well in Baltimore as OC.

**CENSORED** LeBeau failed in Cincinnati as HC but leads the #1 D in Pittsburgh.

Some coaches are better suited to be coordinators. Not saying Linehan is a slam dunk but worth a long look IMO.

Good comparisons...

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#91 : January 19, 2009, 11:22:37 AM

I think some people are missing the boat here... If linehan has the ability to put even a top 10 offense on the field than he is more than qualified. With Morris running a defensive ship, and Linehan producing an offense ranked in the top 3rd of the league we would be very competitive.

$$$

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#92 : January 19, 2009, 11:51:31 AM

I think some people are missing the boat here... If linehan has the ability to put even a top 10 offense on the field than he is more than qualified. With Morris running a defensive ship, and Linehan producing an offense ranked in the top 3rd of the league we would be very competitive.

True Story!
How does that saying go...... Offense sells tickets, and Defense wins championships! I think the Glazers are in need of some ticket sales, and the defense just need some tweaking and enthusiasm. I like it. VERY EXCITING TIMES ARE AHEAD IF THIS HAPPENS!

BucsNoles

Second String

#93 : January 19, 2009, 01:03:41 PM

I believe Linehan makes a better OC than head coach.  He did a good job scoring with the saints and rams.  Nice addition I believe.

"Doesn't matter how you start but how you finish."

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#94 : January 19, 2009, 01:09:15 PM

Linehan would be a great pickup.  He's alot more seasoned than Bates so I think he would make a better compliment to Morris.

The thing about OCs is they really arent worth going crazy over... if they do that good they'll end up as HCs anyway.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

CoachEricTaylor

Starter

#95 : January 19, 2009, 01:59:15 PM

Just a thought here. If Linehan were the OC, maybe he could help the FO to deal for John Beck. He did draft him under his watch in Miami. Beck could be a very good QB.

:: CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS, CAN\'T LOSE ::

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#96 : January 19, 2009, 02:16:42 PM

Just a thought here. If Linehan were the OC, maybe he could help the FO to deal for John Beck. He did draft him under his watch in Miami. Beck could be a very good QB.

Cam Cameron drafted Beck at Miami, not Linehan.  Still could happen, though.

#97 : January 19, 2009, 02:19:24 PM

Trading for Beck would seem pointless, he is already like 28 years old. Would have to learn a new offense and probably wouldnt be fully ready till he is 29/30.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#98 : January 19, 2009, 02:19:55 PM

Beck I really wanted for the WCO, in Linehan's offense I don't think he would be a very good QB. Linehan runs a vertical attack that is built around a big arm.

Josh Freeman would be a great choice to run his offense, should he become the OC, and should Rah actually like Josh.
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scott Linehan a strong candidate(Rotoworld) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools