Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Words straight out of Hovans mouth. « previous next »
Page: 1

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
: October 15, 2006, 12:24:26 AM

Hey everyone,
First I would like to thank everyone for visiting the message boards on my website. I would like to tell all bucs fans that we had a very good week of practice, and we are ready for the bengals. I hope to see everyone at Ray Jay this Sunday, and if are watching at home we can use all the support we can get. Thank you. Go Bucs

Is it possible that the Bucs dump Booger next year, and replace him with Hovan? 

And it is good to hear that they are ready for the challenge ahead of them.  Hopefully, his readiness makes a difference.

#1 : October 15, 2006, 12:32:27 AM

I could see that possibly. Considering I dont know of anyone that could come in through FA or the draft and play UT the way we ask. Im sure there will be, but no one jumps out at you in the draft or FA this year

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 15, 2006, 05:38:53 AM

We're gonna lay an ass whipping on the Bengals.

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#3 : October 15, 2006, 08:27:41 AM

O_o

I sure hope so java

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 15, 2006, 09:11:26 AM

Hovan sucks this year and was pretty overrated last year. He isnt a nose tackle either. We need to get someone in free agency or draft someone. Wyms should be starting right now. Or, Start White At LE and put Spires at Nose. ANYTHING BUT BOOGER!

simms22

Second String

#5 : October 15, 2006, 09:15:00 AM

i think we should draft a couple dt's. I would be happy if we drafted quinn pit**CENSORED** and marcus thomas. Hovan and Mcfarland just arent getting the job done.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 15, 2006, 09:16:12 AM

Hovan has improved his play over the course of a few games.  In the Ravens game he was horrible and was unable to control the line of scrimmage.  But in the last game against the Saints he was the only one to penetrate into the backfield and slow down Deuce on a short yardage situation.  Unfortunately no one else was there to clean up and Deuce strolls in for a TD.

Wyms who is my favorite player has had a relative quiet year.  Considering his cap value and age he along with Booger are not helping a whole lot.  That is why I was against the Bucs cutting Anthony Bryant AND Jon Bradely.  It made no sense to me then and it makes not sense to me now.  Julian Jenkins is a project at this point and has not shown anything at DT or DE.  He will need an off season of some weight training and conditioning to improve himself for the NFL level.

Spires would be the best at undertackle in my opinion and let Dewayne White play at DE.  And since Booger and Wyms have high cap values I am all for the Bucs drafting two DT's. 

simms22

Second String

#7 : October 15, 2006, 09:20:49 AM

i think we should draft a couple dt's. I would be happy if we drafted quinn pitexpetive and marcus thomas. Hovan and Mcfarland just arent getting the job done.
can you not say a guys last name on this board just because it contains a bad word???

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 15, 2006, 09:47:11 AM

Is it possible that the Bucs dump Booger next year, and replace him with Hovan?

Why wait ... make the switch NOW.  Booger's only real numbers came from when he was the NT not the UT.  Hopefully that wasn't because it was Sapp who was next to him.

#9 : October 15, 2006, 10:50:05 AM

We're gonna lay an ass whipping on the Bengals.
Agree 100%.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 15, 2006, 10:58:54 AM

Hovan sucks this year and was pretty overrated last year. He isnt a nose tackle either. We need to get someone in free agency or draft someone. Wyms should be starting right now. Or, Start White At LE and put Spires at Nose. ANYTHING BUT BOOGER!

anyone who thinks Hovan was overrated last year must not understand the game of football. THe guy came in and shored up the run defense. All the players on the D were saying how much of a difference he made.....sorry, I'm going to go with the players on this one...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Words straight out of Hovans mouth. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools