Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Glazer: Gruden Lost the Locker Room « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17

buckit

Hall of Famer

: January 19, 2009, 11:48:45 AM

According to Joel Glazer of Fox News, one of the primary reasons behind the firing of Head Coach Jon Gruden was the fact that "the players didn't feel confident that he could lead the team to victory". 

If that's the case, then they had to let him go.  Once a coach loses the locker room, he's done.  You can't get that back. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : January 19, 2009, 11:54:40 AM

Lots of I told you so's on this one. Unfortunately, nobody really wanted to believe it when it was occurring.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : January 19, 2009, 11:54:57 AM

Joel Glazer is a tool.

So are you.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 19, 2009, 11:55:03 AM

According to Joel Glazer of Fox News, one of the primary reasons behind the firing of Head Coach Jon Gruden was the fact that "the players didn't feel confident that he could lead the team to victory".

If that's the case, then they had to let him go. Once a coach loses the locker room, he's done. You can't get that back.

Correct, if that's the case then it had to be done.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 19, 2009, 11:56:27 AM

Here's the view from Jay Glazer...I think that's who you're referring to...

How blindsided were Bucs head coach Jon Gruden and GM Bruce Allen with their sudden Friday firings?

Sources told FOX Sports that Gruden had been interviewing prospective assistant coaches and actually hired former Bucs and Lions assistant Joe Barry about two hours before he was fired. Barry went as far as signing the deal then got on a plane only to land to the news that his new boss was now his new fired boss.

In addition, Gruden had told his assistants late in the week that he met with ownership and they had another year to right the Bucs' ship. That prediction obviously did not come to fruition.

So where exactly did it go wrong with Chucky? First, ownership was clearly angered by how the season concluded. Usually the coach meets with the owner the day after the season comes to a close. However, the Glazers didn't meet with Gruden until the middle of this past week. Thus, it took them nearly three weeks to finally sit and deal with their Super Bowl winning coach.

In the end, Gruden was hardly backed up by the players, who were brutally honest with ownership when asked about their head coach. There was a very strong lack of trust between veterans and youngsters alike and the veterans especially, in meetings with the Glazers, made their opinions known.

New head coach Raheem Morris may look like a youngster, but he was on the fast track to a head coaching job in this league. His closest friend is Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin and the two share many of the same leadership traits and football ideas. He interviewed for the Broncos head coaching gig and many believed he was just a year or two away from getting a gig.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9098004/If-needed,-Spagnuolo-has-outs-in-St.-Louis

buckit

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 19, 2009, 11:56:57 AM

Joel Glazer is a tool.

So are you.

Ur a loser.

Real mature guys...if you're gonna argue, at least debate the TOPIC.  Thanks.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 19, 2009, 11:58:11 AM

Joel Glazer is a tool.

LMAO.

Hey, what if Gruden goes to West Virginia?  Wet dream come true, huh?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 19, 2009, 11:58:54 AM

I wonder how the locker room felt at 9-3?

The Atlanta game was the final straw, I think.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 19, 2009, 11:59:11 AM

Losing the locker room is always the death knell.

Be interesting to see how a true players coach works out.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 19, 2009, 12:00:28 PM

If that's the case, then they had to let him go.  Once a coach loses the locker room, he's done.  You can't get that back.  

I let you guys know this same information weeks ago. Those of you who were paying attention know that affected my support of Coach Gruden as well.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 19, 2009, 12:04:59 PM

Is Joel Glazer that hard up for cash that he needs to work for Fox News?

I believe you mean Jay Glazer. I'd be real surprised if Joel Glazer said anything like this even if it were true.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 19, 2009, 12:05:44 PM

I let you guys know this same information weeks ago. Those of you who were paying attention know that affected my support of Coach Gruden as well.

How many times are you going to toot your own horn?

Hey guys, I told you this a few weeks ago! Hey guys, remember when I told you this? Hey guys, you heard it from me first.

I'm beginning to think your ego is as big as Gruden's.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 19, 2009, 12:07:12 PM

I wonder how the locker room felt at 9-3?

The Atlanta game was the final straw, I think.

i think the passing over of luke mccown was a gameday surprise and really solidified all the negative notions players and fans had of gruden....stubbornness, lack of communication with players on their utilization, overlooking guys busting their butts and putting in their time (earnest graham being another example), a decision seemingly engineered to feature the coach rather than his players, and an overbearing preference for veterans in all but the most extreme circumstances symptomatic of some consistently overly conservative decision-making...he seemed to have moments where he really tried to change and address his flaws as a coach (2005 and 2007 seasons seemed to coincide with that, and the players played harder for him), but he relapsed a few times too many....

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 19, 2009, 12:11:58 PM

I think this article further shows that the problems with communication and the way people are handled starts at the top, not in the middle of this team's management structure.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 19, 2009, 12:15:26 PM

How many times are you going to toot your own horn?

Hey guys, I told you this a few weeks ago! Hey guys, remember when I told you this? Hey guys, you heard it from me first.

I'm beginning to think your ego is as big as Gruden's.

Oh my...

I agree Joe...looking for life affirmation through a message board is not the way to go...time to step back and re-evaluate things...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Glazer: Gruden Lost the Locker Room « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools