Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Glazer: Gruden Lost the Locker Room « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #15 : January 19, 2009, 12:16:12 PM »

How many times are you going to toot your own horn?

As many times as I feel like it, or as long as it irritates you. Either way.

Hey guys, I told you this a few weeks ago! Hey guys, remember when I told you this? Hey guys, you heard it from me first.

I told you this weeks ago that you would say this.

I'm beginning to think your ego is as big as Gruden's.

Bigger. Much, much bigger.

So choke on it.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #16 : January 19, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »

Hey, DTG shared the information long ago and it ended up being 100% correct. Toot on.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 19, 2009, 12:21:01 PM »

Hey, DTG shared the information long ago and it ended up being 100% correct. Toot on.

When I don't provide references back to material I've posted publicly here on the forums after they come to light, I get constantly questioned in the forum and via PM about providing "proof" of my connections. If I do provide references, I'm an attention whore. Ah, well...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 19, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »

Wow, you guys need to chill.
Reality is that it was time to change. But we need to bring in some more talent, some more leaders because the lack of accountability in all this is alarming.

In Verner We Trust

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #19 : January 19, 2009, 12:23:11 PM »

Dan, do attention whores make as much as REAL whores? Help me out here. Changing jobs soon and need a reference! LOL

In Verner We Trust

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #20 : January 19, 2009, 12:23:29 PM »

Anyone who expects that someone who actually has contacts is going to share who they are isn't the brightest.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

« #21 : January 19, 2009, 12:24:46 PM »

When I don't provide references back to material I've posted publicly here on the forums after they come to light, I get constantly questioned in the forum and via PM about providing "proof" of my connections. If I do provide references, I'm an attention whore. Ah, well...

Who cares if they don't appreciate your Nostradomus like skills, keep rattling those bones and chicken livers.......

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 19, 2009, 12:25:34 PM »

Dan, do attention whores make as much as REAL whores? Help me out here. Changing jobs soon and need a reference! LOL

You owe me a new keyboard!

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

« #23 : January 19, 2009, 12:28:10 PM »

You do a good job DTG. I enjoy reading your post. I just think someone is upset because they cant find and provide proof that aliens exsist.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #24 : January 19, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »

ROFLMAO. Thanks, Dan.
Some of you guys are taking this waaaaay too seriously. I pulled for Gruden, but this happens. He had some tough luck with injuries in a few seasons, caught a few teams at the wrong time. He wasn't a warm and fuzzy guy so what did you expect? If you're warm and fuzzy, at least you can make buddies, pals. But the tough love approach only leads in one direction if you don't win.

In Verner We Trust

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 19, 2009, 12:41:14 PM »

Go left, keep GruAllen and hope the current regime can turn it around against a tough schedule next year or go right, blow it all up and start from scratch. It will be interesting to see which road the glazers go down.

I don't forsee the Glazers making any moves at HC or GM at this time.

1) Gruden leaving - highly unlikely, so get over it

He just increased his level of power over the team, he's not leaving.

This was after the Raiders game DTG...what were you hearing then?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 19, 2009, 12:44:43 PM »

Go left, keep GruAllen and hope the current regime can turn it around against a tough schedule next year or go right, blow it all up and start from scratch. It will be interesting to see which road the glazers go down.

I don't forsee the Glazers making any moves at HC or GM at this time.

1) Gruden leaving - highly unlikely, so get over it

He just increased his level of power over the team, he's not leaving.

This was after the Raiders game DTG...what were you hearing then?

At that point, I was hearing nothing from the ownership at all except that at that time, there were no plans to make a move. Which, of course, was true. Remember also that the player and the owners are two different sets of individuals.

I didn't get any inkling from ownership that something may happen until Wednesday evening of this past week.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 19, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »

At that point, I was hearing nothing from the ownership at all except that at that time, there were no plans to make a move. Which, of course, was true. Remember also that the player and the owners are two different sets of individuals.

I didn't get any inkling from ownership that something may happen until Wednesday evening of this past week.

Cool...I bet if you had posted what you were hearing on Wed. night that night or over the next couple of days that would have really gotten some notice on here!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #28 : January 19, 2009, 12:51:45 PM »

Cool...I bet if you had posted what you were hearing on Wed. night that night or over the next couple of days that would have really gotten some notice on here!

I had nothing substantive to post. I only knew that things weren't settled. I had nothing to positively know that the coach was going to be let go.

buckit

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 19, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »

According to Joel Glazer of Fox News, one of the primary reasons behind the firing of Head Coach Jon Gruden was the fact that "the players didn't feel confident that he could lead the team to victory".

Is Joel Glazer that hard up for cash that he needs to work for Fox News?

I believe you mean Jay Glazer. I'd be real surprised if Joel Glazer said anything like this even if it were true.

Whatever.  Neither one has earned enough of my respect to really care to get their name right...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Glazer: Gruden Lost the Locker Room « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools