Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Glazer: Gruden Lost the Locker Room « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 15 16 17

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#240 : January 19, 2009, 10:45:59 PM

supposedly he was hated in NY too right up until the Super Bowl run ... you mean players can not like their coach and still win in this league ....  :o

The players liking him and the Superbowl run both had the same origins: He realized his current approach wasn't working, so he changed for the benefit of the team.  His new attitude, as well as the institution of a "leadership circle" of intermediary players make a huge difference in the locker room.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#241 : January 19, 2009, 10:47:41 PM

winning makes a huge difference in the locker room

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#242 : January 19, 2009, 10:48:27 PM

You think they respected Gruden at 9-3?

Bet not which is why they folded like a tent at the first chance. That sort of collapse tells you exactly where a team is with a coach.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#243 : January 19, 2009, 10:49:09 PM

Bucs were 9-3 when they fell apart. If winning = respect then their respect-o-meter level should have been at it's maximum.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#244 : January 19, 2009, 10:49:40 PM

It's definitely hard when things are the opposite, when the team is losing and you have to motivate them to win.  The Whiz is a great example of how it can be done.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#245 : January 19, 2009, 10:49:52 PM

yep, they respecrted Monte so much they didin't even try to send him out on top ....

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#246 : January 19, 2009, 11:10:49 PM

You think they respected Gruden at 9-3?

Bet not which is why they folded like a tent at the first chance. That sort of collapse tells you exactly where a team is with a coach.

Actually, I think it says more about the players. And they need to be sent packing. Some were pros and played up to their potential.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#247 : January 19, 2009, 11:12:02 PM

Bucs were 9-3 when they fell apart. If winning = respect then their respect-o-meter level should have been at it's maximum.

So, a lot of players didn't respect him and he was still able to get the team to 9-3? Damn, that's some trick. Need to get that guy back here.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#248 : January 19, 2009, 11:14:00 PM

yep, they respecrted Monte so much they didin't even try to send him out on top ....

Exactly. Nobody can explain that one. And then the same thing about their future DC. Let's quit on him too!

DTG didn't understand those two points and threatened to run away when you kept confronting him with them.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#249 : January 19, 2009, 11:15:57 PM

Exactly. Nobody can explain that one. And then the same thing about their future DC. Let's quit on him too!

DTG didn't understand those two points and threatened to run away when you kept confronting him with them.

it's not his fault his sources wouldn't answer him ....  ;)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#250 : January 20, 2009, 12:01:37 AM

translation "I'm not going to answer your question so I'll stop posting" ...

Exactly. Your question is stupid.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#251 : January 20, 2009, 12:10:23 AM

I have stated this over and over...

I do not think the players quit on anyone.  They were in contention for the number 1 seed in the NFC, and it was very much in grasp.

The players simply got beat down on the defensive side of the ball, and Gruden made a really odd decision in starting Griese after letting McCown get a majority of reps.  The defense was very bad, and I doubt they would quit on guys like Raheem and Kiff, and OI doubt leaders like Brooks or Barber would have let the players get down like that...

But once the losses came, the excuses and the rabid excuse making turned into what this discussion has become. 

I think for anyone to say the Bucs gave up after 9-3 is pretty foolish.  I think the BUcs had a chance to get into the playoffs, and for anyone to think they did not want that is equally silly.

The defense played like a bunch of weaklings, and rather than manning up, they got angry at everyone but themselves.  Simple really.

Now Gruden is ultimately responsible for this.  He is the coach.  Whether the players got sick of him, or not, does not matter.  He could not get the team on the same page, and after that abysmal collapse, I was teetering on letting him go.  I was stunned when they fired him, but more because the timing of it.  I did think he was gonna get blown up, but not like this...

I am waiting in anticipation to see what product gets fielded.  New coaches, a ton of money, draft picks....gonna be cool.  Or a nightmare.

dodda45

Starter
#252 : January 20, 2009, 12:44:51 AM

What players are not going to complain after losing your last 4 games?  The players don't think that Gruden could lead them to victory?  He sure led other teams!  How about some accountability on the part of the players?

Page: 1 ... 15 16 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Glazer: Gruden Lost the Locker Room « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools