Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Glazer: Gruden Lost the Locker Room « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 19, 2009, 12:54:30 PM

Gruden = Billick

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 19, 2009, 12:56:36 PM

Gruden> Billick

How so?

BucsNoles

Second String

#32 : January 19, 2009, 12:57:31 PM

More to it than losing the locker room and it being Gruden's fault.  The team was riding with confidence at 9-3 and as soon as Monte said he was leaving the defense fell apart causing the the team to fall.

"Doesn't matter how you start but how you finish."

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 19, 2009, 12:58:24 PM

More to it than losing the locker room and it being Gruden's fault.  The team was riding with confidence at 9-3 and as soon as Monte said he was leaving the defense fell apart causing the the team to fall.

And if the team bought into Gruden at all he'd have been able to rally them for one win to get into the playoffs

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 19, 2009, 01:00:27 PM

More to it than losing the locker room and it being Gruden's fault.  The team was riding with confidence at 9-3 and as soon as Monte said he was leaving the defense fell apart causing the the team to fall.

That's a load of crap defense of this team's collapse.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 19, 2009, 01:02:50 PM

Sooooooo.......

To get back on the topic of this thread.......

I was a strong supporter of Gruden until this year. I still supported him, but was losing it bit by bit. I didn't see the fire in the team this year. I didn't see them rally around a fallen teammate like years past. I never saw the grit from this team. Sure, they played their hearts out at times, but it almost seemed like they were doing it as individuals, not as a team. Just my view. I never saw the firing coming, but after thinking about it, and hearing what the players have had to say, both good and bad, I believe it WAS time for change. With the fistfull of firings coming off this team in the coaching department, I am standing put on any reservation about what this team will become. I am waiting until the pieces are in place, FA is done and the draft has been completed before I make any further decisions or predictions. There are far too many variables involved to make any sort of "guess", so I will wait. One thing I WILL do is stand behind our new regime and back them %100 in the fight they have in front of them.

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#36 : January 19, 2009, 01:19:37 PM

Gruden> Billick

How so?

Bump, I want to hear this answer as well, because here are the stats:

Billick:        9 years, 80-64(.556) record with 1 SB win
Gruden:    11 years, 95-81(.540) record with 1 SB win

Also, did you know Gruden is the 3rd worst coach (winning percentage) to win a Super Bowl?  Only Weeb Ewbank (.502) and Tom Flores (.527) are worse.

LtFox

Starter

#37 : January 19, 2009, 01:26:46 PM

I wonder how the locker room felt at 9-3?

The Atlanta game was the final straw, I think.

Yeah...no kidding. I'll bet the locker room had all the confidence in the world in him at 9-3. Then the PLAYERS sh*t the bed and it is all Gruden's fault. Yeah....Gruden gave up 300 yards rushing on Monday Night. The current players have zero pride or heart as far as I am concerned. Bunch of whiners.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 19, 2009, 01:41:08 PM

Gruden> Billick

How so?

The Ravens Gm actually gave billick talent to work with. If Gruden coached the ravens when billick did he would have won at least 2 super bowls.

::)

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 19, 2009, 01:41:32 PM

I wonder how the locker room felt at 9-3?

The Atlanta game was the final straw, I think.

Yeah...no kidding. I'll bet the locker room had all the confidence in the world in him at 9-3. Then the PLAYERS sh*t the bed and it is all Gruden's fault. Yeah....Gruden gave up 300 yards rushing on Monday Night. The current players have zero pride or heart as far as I am concerned. Bunch of whiners.

Clean house.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 19, 2009, 01:42:10 PM

Sooooooo.......

To get back on the topic of this thread.......

I was a strong supporter of Gruden until this year. I still supported him, but was losing it bit by bit. I didn't see the fire in the team this year. I didn't see them rally around a fallen teammate like years past. I never saw the grit from this team. Sure, they played their hearts out at times, but it almost seemed like they were doing it as individuals, not as a team. Just my view. I never saw the firing coming, but after thinking about it, and hearing what the players have had to say, both good and bad, I believe it WAS time for change. With the fistfull of firings coming off this team in the coaching department, I am standing put on any reservation about what this team will become. I am waiting until the pieces are in place, FA is done and the draft has been completed before I make any further decisions or predictions. There are far too many variables involved to make any sort of "guess", so I will wait. One thing I WILL do is stand behind our new regime and back them %100 in the fight they have in front of them.

Good post.  After careful consideration, I come to this realization:

I'm not surprised that they fired Gruden on the surface.  If (and that's a big IF) what the Glazers are saying is true, it makes sence to cut him loose.  Though a staunch Gruden supporter, there were more than a couple of inadequacies that I saw in his coaching.  My biggest issue is his replacement.  Nothing against Raheem Morris, but I think it's an incredibly shortsighted move to replace an experienced HC with a position coach.  I don't like the move one bit.  There is no plan in place for an OC or DC, no draft day plan, no offensive or defensive scheme outlined, etc, etc, etc.  Professional football is a non-stop, 365 day a year business.  People want to believe that there's sufficient time to come up with a plan, but in all honesty, the Glazers have weakend the teams position with regards to negotiating for the services of necessary coaching staff.  Pretty much, the only choice will be to slap some duct tape on the team and try to get through next season.  You can write off next season already.  6 wins would be a lucky break.

Also, the Glazers don't have a history of opening up their checkbooks to sign talent.  It didn't happen under Dungy or Gruden.  Those were two very capable coaches saddled with below average offensive talent.  Now they will be asking a fist time HC to accomplish this same task.  Logic tells us that this simply cannot work.  If the Bucs do not draft a franchise QB or sign a big name star this season, I'm through with them.  If the Glazers really want to sell their point of view on Gruden, they'll allow Morris to grab a young, franchise QB and probably RB or WR.  If it's more Garcia to Hilliard, then being a Bucs fan will be a waste of time and money.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 19, 2009, 01:43:23 PM

The Ravens Gm actually gave billick talent to work with. If Gruden coached the ravens when billick did he would have won at least 2 super bowls.

You do realize that Gruden had a whole lot to do with the talent that this team had until his departure, correct?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 19, 2009, 01:44:03 PM

Also, the Glazers don't have a history of opening up their checkbooks to sign talent.  It didn't happen under Dungy or Gruden.

HUH?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 19, 2009, 01:44:07 PM

its pretty obvious to me the defense stopped playing once Monte said he was leaving.  The players on D didnt seem to care enough about Gru to play for him.  Naming Morris didnt help -- and the hiring is proof that Gruden acknowledged the D wouldnt play for him.  Not blaming Monte here, the fact the guys werent willing to man up for Gru is enough to fire him.. and hopefully a couple of the clowns on our D.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 19, 2009, 01:46:52 PM

its pretty obvious to me the defense stopped playing once Monte said he was leaving.  The players on D didnt seem to care enough about Gru to play for him.  Naming Morris didnt help -- and the hiring is proof that Gruden acknowledged the D wouldnt play for him.  Not blaming Monte here, the fact the guys werent willing to man up for Gru is enough to fire him.. and hopefully a couple of the clowns on our D.

Agree 1000%

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jay Glazer: Gruden Lost the Locker Room « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools