Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quotes about Morris and the Bucs in a PFT read that are down right scary. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

Buc_Sid

Starter

: January 19, 2009, 05:47:43 PM

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/WWHI/2008/wwhi011909.htm

Morris’ promotion from secondary coach to defensive coordinator after Monte Kiffin had resigned received mostly rave reviews from players. His stunning rise to become head coach almost three weeks after being named D-coordinator was also received warmly by those players.

Some around the league, however, were skeptical of Morris’ chances for success in his new position.

“I saw how Morris coached at Kansas State,” said a veteran coach of Morris’ one year (2006) as the team’s D-coordinator. “It was not good. There was little leadership by him. The defense was bad. He basically got fired. … He was not ready to take over for a Hall of Fame defensive coordinator (Kiffin), let alone become the head coach.

“It’s baffling to me.” 

Then there was this.

Morris has been compared to Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, who served as the DB coach in Tampa for five seasons before becoming the Vikings' D-coordinator in 2006. He was hired by Pittsburgh to replace Bill Cowher as head coach the next season at age 34. Tomlin has led the Steelers to back-to-back playoff berths in his two years at the helm.

Sources say Morris will be hard-pressed to match that accomplishment.

“This may be another one-year experiment gone bad,” said one league executive. “I’ll tell you this: I can’t wait to play them. Everyone who knew what they were doing in that building is gone.” 

We are going to be the Detroit Lions of 2008, the Atlanta Falcons of 2007, or the Bucs from 84-96.  It's going to be very very bad.  My only hope is the Glazers open the check book for F.A.'s, but I just don't have any confidence in that happening. 

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 19, 2009, 05:48:52 PM

Those comments are staggering.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 19, 2009, 05:50:24 PM

Doesn't surprise me

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 19, 2009, 05:51:13 PM

“I’ll tell you this: I can’t wait to play them"

I have a feeling this will become a giant banner hanging in the main lobby and lockerroom at OBP and RJS.

Buc_Sid

Starter

#4 : January 19, 2009, 05:53:15 PM

“I’ll tell you this: I can’t wait to play them"

I have a feeling this will become a giant banner hanging in the main lobby and lockerroom at OBP and RJS.

It will be a major motivating factor in the two wins the team get this season.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 19, 2009, 05:54:44 PM

This teams direction is headed west...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 19, 2009, 05:55:23 PM

Quotes from people too scared to put their names on them...

That says a lot.

armydx316

Starter

#7 : January 19, 2009, 05:56:06 PM

like i really care what two guys, who are scared to reveal their names, around the league have to say

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 19, 2009, 05:58:27 PM

�I�ll tell you this: I can�t wait to play them"

It will be a major motivating factor in the two wins the team get this season.

LOL!   Sad but true.  

The banner reads "Anonymous dude claiming to be an NFL executive says "I can't wait to play them".     That's really going to fire up a team.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 19, 2009, 05:58:57 PM

"It will be a major motivating factor in the two wins the team get this season."

LOL!
'08 starters + FA + draft pick + Gru/Allen = 10-6 in 2009

'09? The sky ground is the limit!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 19, 2009, 06:05:59 PM

if this little "experiment" doesn't work out, this organization is going to take years and years to come back to respectablity...

I shudder at the possibility of being "that" team again, the one that everyone WANTS to play...

this sucks.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 19, 2009, 06:06:41 PM

this is improssible ... the players like him

buckit

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 19, 2009, 06:06:54 PM

like i really care what two guys, who are scared to reveal their names, around the league have to say

You will.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Buc_Sid

Starter

#13 : January 19, 2009, 06:10:59 PM

Pretty much we're the Rams now at best.

armydx316

Starter

#14 : January 19, 2009, 06:20:37 PM

You will.

doubt it. come again please
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quotes about Morris and the Bucs in a PFT read that are down right scary. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools