Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quotes about Morris and the Bucs in a PFT read that are down right scary. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#120 : January 21, 2009, 10:59:21 AM

What was the plan that you refer to?

I've stated it several times. They like Raheem Morris and viewed him as a long-term potential HC. They were hoping that promoting him to DC would keep him here and give him some additional experience with a more responsible position. With that, they were prepared to give Gruden/Allen 2009, with Morris and Dominick in their back pockets for 2010 should 2009 prove to be another mediocre season.

However, when it appeared that Coach Morris was getting serious consideration around the league as a potential HC candidate (and word came to them out of Denver was that he had a really good interview and a HC position for him could come sooner than expected even though the Broncos had someone else they preferred) and that Dominick was also drawing interest, they considered the options and decided that they had to make their move a year early.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#121 : January 21, 2009, 11:06:26 AM

However, when it appeared that Coach Morris was getting serious consideration around the league as a potential HC candidate (and word came to them out of Denver was that he had a really good interview and a HC position for him could come sooner than expected even though the Broncos had someone else they preferred) and that Dominick was also drawing interest, they considered the options and decided that they had to make their move a year early.

You left out the players' input on Gruden, which to me was obviously the tipping point and why Gruden is interviewing coaches Friday afternoon and getting canned Friday night...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#122 : January 21, 2009, 11:06:57 AM

I've stated it several times. They like Raheem Morris and viewed him as a long-term potential HC. They were hoping that promoting him to DC would keep him here and give him some additional experience with a more responsible position. With that, they were prepared to give Gruden/Allen 2009, with Morris and Dominick in their back pockets for 2010 should 2009 prove to be another mediocre season.

I gotta call B.S. on that.  Morris had ONE HC interview.  The Broncos made their decision BEFORE he was promoted.  No other teams even brought him in for an interview.  

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#123 : January 21, 2009, 11:11:10 AM

I gotta call B.S. on that.  Morris had ONE HC interview.  The Broncos made their decision BEFORE he was promoted.  No other teams even brought him in for an interview.  

Maybe the Glazer already contacted him about the job after his Denver interview? So he declined other interviews with out telling the fans...can you believe the nerve of them??

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#124 : January 21, 2009, 11:13:50 AM

I gotta call B.S. on that. �Morris had ONE HC interview. �The Broncos made their decision BEFORE he was promoted. �No other teams even brought him in for an interview. �

Fine, call B. S. all you like, it doesn't change reality. After I posted this same information days ago, SR came along and completely confirmed it, so both he and I independently had the same "B. S."

Edited because the board changed the letters B and S next to each to the term "subject for debate".

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#125 : January 21, 2009, 12:24:11 PM

“This may be another one-year experiment gone bad,” said one league executive. “I’ll tell you this: I can’t wait to play them. Everyone who knew what they were doing in that building is gone.”

That smells like it came out of Rich McKay's mouth.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#126 : January 21, 2009, 08:04:49 PM

Rich McKay? I think that's the jump the shark moment for me in this thread....

...because I don't think McKay would mention that the guys they just fired (that replaced him) were the only ones left that knew what was going on...

and Buck it - why do you find it so hard to believe that Raheem's interview made him a popular potential - ahead of schedule?

I think DTG has proven to have pretty accurate information on more than one occasion, so his info (supported by SR) is as plausible to me as anything.

Because I think many choke on the fact that despite what the Glazers say - there really WASN'T a plan...beyond Raheem Morris as DC - this year.

It's why you didn't have a OC in place when Raheem was introduced at the press conference.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Buc_Sid

Starter

#127 : January 21, 2009, 09:39:54 PM

If that's the case the Glazer boys are a gullible bunch.  St. Louis and Denver needed to interview a black candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule.  Raheem was/is the hot name, but he's never coordinated one game in the NFL.  No team was going to roll the dice on an unknown like that.  Well, except our (cough) brilliant ownership.  Bottom line, if they were so hot to trot for Raheem, they could have and should have just as easily allowed the season to play out with him as the coordinator, and give him the opportunity to earn the position.  Then no one would be questioning the move.  That's not how it happened, and after the disaster that will be the 2009 season, they'll be forced to dismiss him as well, and we'll be starting all over again.  If they keep the status quo, and the defense fails, then they know to look elsewhere.  Instead they've damaged the credibility of the franchise, and after the Lions like performance next season, it will take several years to heal.  Enjoy haters, you got what you wanted.  Own it.  Just remember though, he listens to the same music as the players, so at least we'll have that during 3-13 next year!

buckit

Hall of Famer

#128 : January 22, 2009, 03:30:07 PM

and Buck it - why do you find it so hard to believe that Raheem's interview made him a popular potential - ahead of schedule?

- this year.

Maybe because he never interviewed for a HC position with the Bucs.  Only the Broncos.  And they turned him down.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#129 : January 22, 2009, 04:12:50 PM

- this year.

Maybe because he never interviewed for a HC position with the Bucs. Only the Broncos. And they turned him down.

The Bucs obviously thought Raheem Morris was a great candidate as a coordinator - and again, obviously they intended to allow him to gain some confidence and experience as they already named Raheem our defensive coordinator - so it's not hard to imagine that they intended Gruden to coach one more year - and if the results were the same they would have made the same decision next season. The coordinator experience would have been more plausible for fans (like me) to then consider Raheem as a legitimate head coach next year.

It's not hard to imagine that Denver's feedback from Morris' interview alerted many teams considering a coaching change. When you look at Tomlin's success with the Steelers - and factor in the resurgence of the Buccaneer secondary - and then consider the common denominator being that both are from the Tampa-2 Superbowl pedigree, you begin to see the reason for the urgency of the move.

Considering this, is it still so hard to expect that the Bucs know what's going on in league circles and acted to protect their investment?

Even if this conjecture on my part is completely inaccurate - you have to think that somehow the Bronco's had our cornerbacks coach on their radar - the Bucs figured more folks would come knocking soon.

Personally - Unless we land a great, experienced offensive coordinator (like Linehan) I do not think this is good for either Raheem or the Bucs, long-term. I was pulling for the idea of Jeff Jagodzinski as an offensive coordinator because he'd at least had the experience of being a successful head coach at Boston College. Of the guys left on the board - I'd have to think Linehan is the guy several teams have at the top of their list for OC.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quotes about Morris and the Bucs in a PFT read that are down right scary. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools