Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quotes about Morris and the Bucs in a PFT read that are down right scary. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 19, 2009, 06:45:51 PM

Does anyone know the real reason why Morris left the college ranks after 1 year and came scampering back to the Bucs?

I think it was reported at the time that Morris was "let go" at Kansas St...thus allowing the reunion with TB...

well then, so we have a guy who could not cut it at DC at a collge, now as our head coach, in charge of more than just the defense?

*yikes*

and the hits keep on coming...

I hope and pray he is our answer, but I'm not feelin' it guys, not feelin' it at all...

buckit

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 19, 2009, 06:51:53 PM

Does anyone know the real reason why Morris left the college ranks after 1 year and came scampering back to the Bucs?

I think it was reported at the time that Morris was "let go" at Kansas St...thus allowing the reunion with TB...

well then, so we have a guy who could not cut it at DC at a collge, now as our head coach, in charge of more than just the defense?

*yikes*

I hope and pray he is our answer, but I'm not feelin' it guys, not feelin' it at all...

For once, we agree.  I just hope we hire an OC that can be HC, like Martz...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

ilovebeer

Starter

#32 : January 19, 2009, 07:17:37 PM

I don't see a problem with Raheem being coach. I don't see a problem as long as he surrounds himself with proven coordinators/assistants.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 19, 2009, 07:21:28 PM

Won't happen.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#34 : January 19, 2009, 07:25:01 PM

if this little "experiment" doesn't work out, this organization is going to take years and years to come back to respectablity...

I shudder at the possibility of being "that" team again, the one that everyone WANTS to play...

this sucks.

This is such a stupid comment! Years to come back?? Maybe you and buck it can become fans of the cowboys

gharen

Pro Bowler

#35 : January 19, 2009, 07:25:43 PM

I can only hope this is a move to sell the team to DeBartolo!

escobar

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 19, 2009, 08:02:54 PM

if this little "experiment" doesn't work out, this organization is going to take years and years to come back to respectablity...

I shudder at the possibility of being "that" team again, the one that everyone WANTS to play...

this sucks.

This is such a stupid comment! Years to come back?? Maybe you and buck it can become fans of the cowboys

Why is that comment so stupid? Once we complete our coaching staff we will start to bring in players that fit our scheme and let players go that don't. In the meantime our younger players will be getting older with some possibly moving on once their rookie contracts are up. If Raheem's regime does fail, the entire process begins again. We will need new coaches, new players to fit thier scheme, and most importantly (and most relevant) success to regain respect around the league. That entire process of building this new regime up, replacing it if it fails, and building up yet another regime after it could in fact take YEARS. The comment isn't stupid at all.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 19, 2009, 08:09:57 PM

*yikes*

For once, we agree. I just hope we hire an OC that can be HC, like Martz...

He wasn't let go, and he probably wouldn't have left the Bucs in the first place. He left before Tomlin got the Vikes' gig. My guess he likely would never have left had he known that a month later Tomin was going to leave. He wasn't let go by K-State - in fact, he was sued by K-State for breach because he left. He D was terrible at K-State before and after he left. Regardless - where have you guys been? Have you not seen the improvement in the dbs the last two seasons?

You guys need to get your facts straight before hitting the panic button.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#38 : January 19, 2009, 08:11:01 PM

Those are executives in the NFC South that are scared now that Jon is gone.. they saw this team was headed for 4-12 with Jon and they are worried we might actually starting sweeping them.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 19, 2009, 08:13:00 PM

Have you not seen the improvement in the dbs the last two seasons?

You mean this year's tandem of Ronde Barber and Phillip Buchanon was better than a few years ago when Barber and Kelly were starting?     I think just the opposite.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 19, 2009, 08:17:16 PM

Java, I'm referring to the 2006 crew, when Raheem was gone, to the 2007 and 2008 crews. If you didn't see improvement in Flip and T-Jax (over Will Allen and Co.) and see that Philip Buchanon went from one of the worst corners in the league to solid, then I don't know how to help you.

LtFox

Starter

#41 : January 19, 2009, 08:27:13 PM

“I’ll tell you this: I can’t wait to play them"

I have a feeling this will become a giant banner hanging in the main lobby and lockerroom at OBP and RJS.

Detroit had the same banner....

LtFox

Starter

#42 : January 19, 2009, 08:31:57 PM

*yikes*

I completely agree. There are a lot of Kool Aid drinkers in our fan base. The real truth is that the players apparently love him (maybe good, maybe not) and he has little if any experience. He has one year as a coordinator and, apparently, that didn't go well. When asked what his secret for identifying with "todays" player was he said "We like to listen to the same music". God help us.

LtFox

Starter

#43 : January 19, 2009, 08:33:11 PM

*yikes*

For once, we agree. I just hope we hire an OC that can be HC, like Martz...

He wasn't let go, and he probably wouldn't have left the Bucs in the first place. He left before Tomlin got the Vikes' gig. My guess he likely would never have left had he known that a month later Tomin was going to leave. He wasn't let go by K-State - in fact, he was sued by K-State for breach because he left. He D was terrible at K-State before and after he left. Regardless - where have you guys been? Have you not seen the improvement in the dbs the last two seasons?

You guys need to get your facts straight before hitting the panic button.

Yeah...Barber looked great chasing all those guys from behind this year. Good work.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 19, 2009, 09:15:45 PM

Yeah...Barber looked great chasing all those guys from behind this year. Good work.

The entire Defensive Backfield looked lost too often most of the last few games. Some of that was due to lack of pressure but there were also too many instances in which the coverages were blown or players were out of position.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quotes about Morris and the Bucs in a PFT read that are down right scary. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools