Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: should he stay... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : October 02, 2006, 01:03:21 PM

I hope he stays with the Bucs for a while, but at some point you need to looks at what is best for all involved.  Simms could be great, but this might not be the system for him.  I just don't know if Simms has enough value for us compared to what other teams might throw at him.  It is all contingent on how the season develops, though.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#16 : October 02, 2006, 01:05:54 PM

Yeah, one more year. Playing with that kind of an injury deserves another chance.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 02, 2006, 01:06:56 PM

But Chris also has a lot of intangibles...

Such as? I've always felt Simms has far more tangibles than intangibles. In fact, he lacks many desireable intangibles...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 02, 2006, 01:15:58 PM

Such as? I've always felt Simms has far more tangibles than intangibles. In fact, he lacks many desireable intangibles...

Such as?....

Toughness?

Accuracy?

Arm strength?

Leadership?

If he comes back, the teammates will respect him and play harder for him now that he has played through such an injury, IMO.

He does get passes batted down.  He doesn't scramble as much as he should.  He makes mistakes on some of his checkdowns.

That is about all I can rip him for though.  He is a nice QB, but I don't think he fits into the Gruden way of doing things.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 02, 2006, 01:44:23 PM

The post said "intangibles". Arm strength and accuracy are tangibles.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 02, 2006, 01:46:40 PM

The post said "intangibles". Arm strength and accuracy are tangibles.

Okay.  Like what?

Toughness?

Leadership?

Knowing the offense?

140BPM

Practice Squad

#21 : October 02, 2006, 01:48:32 PM

Put him on IR... then let him test the market in FA.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 02, 2006, 02:02:42 PM

Toughness?
Leadership?
Knowing the offense?

There are a couple of question marks even among those. His lack of quick thinking and his sometimes questionable decision-making ability are two of the most important intangibles that this offense needs in a QB.

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 03, 2006, 02:09:38 AM

He appears to lack brains.

He can't change, he repeats his mistakes over and over.

Tough?  Maybe

Leadership?  Don't care what the PC info we get fed is, I don't think his teammates had confidence in him.  THey may have liked him, but he didn't seem to inspire.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: should he stay... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools