Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suicide on webcam........ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : June 19, 2007, 02:39:46 PM

When I read this thread a few months gao I spent like 2 hours reading the chat log of this otehr guy who OD'ed live on his webcam.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#46 : June 22, 2007, 02:07:39 PM

I'm not surprised by some of the comments of our fellow posters concerning this tragic situation. It seems as though people have become so heartless and uncaring. Here was a guy that really needed some help; chronic pain, death of a loved one, divorce, etc. For someone to say the guy deserved it or had it coming, it really says a lot about their own character. I pray that those individuals don't have children or responsibility for caring for others. How sad we have become as a society.

Bah.  When are we as a society going to get real.  We pretend that we actually care about instances like this, why?  Because it makes us feel better to deny the reality of the situation which is, we don't give 2 s***s about our fellow man.  All of you who "feel awful" about this guy, let me ask you this:  When's the last time you volunteered at your local suicide hotline? 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

#47 : June 22, 2007, 02:09:59 PM

And that's why we need Buck It either on here or PewterKrew, one of the best posters around.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#48 : June 24, 2007, 12:46:18 PM

I'm not surprised by some of the comments of our fellow posters concerning this tragic situation.  It seems as though people have become so heartless and uncaring.  Here was a guy that really needed some help; chronic pain, death of a loved one, divorce, etc.  For someone to say the guy deserved it or had it coming, it really says a lot about their own character.  I pray that those individuals don't have children or responsibility for caring for others.  How sad we have become as a society.

6.5 Billion. And growing.

Thats the world's population. Roughly 6.4 want to live. At least 1 Billion of that number would love nothing more than to live a normal live, but the extreme poverty, crime, diseases and malnourishment they face will prevent them from living past the age of about 25. Hundreds of millions will not live past 5 - not by choice but by victim of circumstance. You'll forgive me for not shedding a tear for a middle-aged likely middle class in the US (which is equivalent to rich status on most of the world) individual not able to cope with "the pain" of life (its really not all that difficult). For that matter, I won't shed a tear for many others alike because there are thousands of people that face FAR worse adversity and would trade lives in a heartbeat for that kind of opportunity.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Suicide on webcam........ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools