Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I called it! Tribune reports DC Meeks a possible canidate « previous next »
Page: 1

white dragon

Practice Squad

: January 21, 2009, 02:34:00 PM

I'd like to see them stay with some fresher faces and go with McDermott - personally.

Bucfanut

Starter

#1 : January 21, 2009, 02:36:55 PM

+1 on that White Dragon...Meeks wasn't anything great, and he's practically Dungy's best friend which would lead to endless speculation IMO that Raheem is just "keeping the seat warm" for  Dungy's return. Besides, i never was impressed with Indy's D.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 21, 2009, 02:19:30 PM

The Tampa Tribune today reported that former defensive coordinator for the Indianapolis Colts Ron Meeks, is a possible canidate to coach the defense for the Bucs. To me, its possible that the Colts are shying away from the cover-2 under the new direction of head coach Jim Caldwell which may be the reason why he resigned. After all Meeks has coached the past seven years under the Tampa 2 style defense which to me makes him a viable canidate. Not only that four out of the seven seasons he coached the Colts defense they ranked in the top 10 in  total D. That's pretty good considering that the Colts have mostly emphasized offense. I say we go get em!

RAHEEM09'
Change we can believe in!

TBbuccaneer40 out.

psymun

Starter
#3 : January 21, 2009, 02:44:30 PM

I'd like to see them stay with some fresher faces and go with McDermott - personally.

I concur!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 21, 2009, 02:45:46 PM

Meeks would likely be serviceable, but I'd like to see a young, aggressive guy like McDermott get a shot at it.

armydx316

Starter

#5 : January 21, 2009, 02:48:19 PM

agreed  with everyone. i want McDermott

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#6 : January 21, 2009, 03:13:13 PM

McDermott

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 21, 2009, 03:15:14 PM

Yeah, well if they Bucs should happen to hire McDermott then they'll be blasted for hiring an inexperienced guy, someone who is too young and too green, they'll say it was a mistake, and they'll say they probably hired him because was the cheapest option.

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

#8 : January 21, 2009, 03:19:04 PM

I too would love to see Sean McDermott become the new DC here. My only concern would be if he indeed comes here and is successful(which I certainly hope!) than he's not going to be here very long. Two years at the most, because he is 34 years old and has become a hot commodity. Espescially the trend lately with young assistant Coaches being hired on as head coaches. Where as Meeks is 54 and will probaly always be an assistant coach since has always been since 91' when he joined the Cowboys. How many household names are on that Colts defense. Freeney, Sanders,... So yeah when you don't have those 2 guys on the field then your going to look pretty mediocre considering that those 2 are always hurt. Will see what happens, it'll be interesting that's for sure. I do definetly want Linehan for OC though.

RAHEEM09'
Change we can believe in!

TBbuccaneer out.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 21, 2009, 04:03:15 PM

The local pooper scoopers will name every person they can think off.  This way they can llok back and say, "we told ya so."  These guys are a joke.  I am really confused why so many of you care about what they say.  Have you not noticed how much garbage they report.

They are wrong 99% of the time. 

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 21, 2009, 04:44:14 PM

what position did Meeks coach?  DB's?  he could be the new DB's coach, if so?

You must be accountable for your actions!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 21, 2009, 05:23:53 PM

I guess that depends on what they mean by 'possible candidate'. Everybody not currently working or in a defensive coaching position not rated HC or DC is a 'possible candidate'. Unless they quantified that remark not much of shot IMO. Not deliberately raining on your parade, sorry.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 21, 2009, 05:58:22 PM

I concur!
agreed

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 21, 2009, 06:04:52 PM

Doesn't really fit what the new regime is trying to do.

McDermott however fits it to a bill
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I called it! Tribune reports DC Meeks a possible canidate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools