Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs "expressed interest" in retaining Michael Clayton (Rotoworld) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

« : January 21, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »

Clayton is worth his weight just from a blocking standpoint. He has shown flashes last season. I think with Jon gone the kid may thing of resigning at a bargan and may be the steal of FA

I think he returns to form in 2009

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 21, 2009, 01:43:43 PM »

From a personal standpoint UT - having read and heard what this player said to the media - if I were involved in picking players for ota/camp/roster - his name would be absent.  Just an internal rejection of all things dangerously stupid.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ilovebeer

Starter

« #2 : January 20, 2009, 08:19:58 PM »

What teams do you think would offer him a contract?  I don't really know what teams are in need of a big possession receiver.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 20, 2009, 06:41:13 PM »

Michael Clayton-WR-Buccaneers Jan. 20 - 6:35 pm et

The Bucs have reportedly "expressed interest" in retaining free agent to-be Michael Clayton.

They likely aren't offering much. Clayton hasn't been a league-average receiver in four years. It's past time for the sides to go their separate ways.

OK so the guy can block.... other then that, why?

« #4 : January 20, 2009, 06:44:18 PM »

While some of his rant might well have been warranted with the Sports Babe, I think to truely "change the culture" in the locker room, you send MC80 on his way.

JMO

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #5 : January 20, 2009, 06:46:19 PM »

Well my guess is that if he is still out there later on in free agency. Why not bring him back for a low price. Id rather be aggressive, resign Bryant and sign another player who can make plays.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 20, 2009, 06:48:24 PM »

We want to upgrade the FB spot?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

« #7 : January 20, 2009, 06:49:15 PM »

Balla

CanMAYBE live with that....but his azz would sure be low on the totem-pole of priorities.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 20, 2009, 06:49:41 PM »

Your title would be grammatically correct if it said.

Bucs "expressing interest" in retaining Michael Clayton (Rotoworld)

I'm sorry

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : January 20, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »

Haha Dal.  MC80 had a good season this year....okay, I got used to him.  After watching Fitzgerald, and wanting him as a Buc, if we can upgrade with certainty, let him go.  Fitzgerald is the new standard as far as I'm concerned.

Sonny D:  English teacher?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #10 : January 20, 2009, 06:56:06 PM »

Balla

CanMAYBE live with that....but his azz would sure be low on the totem-pole of priorities.

oh ya no doubt. Id rather get somebody better of course. I think he has had plenty of chances to regain his rookie form. I cant imagine him getting much on the open market unless the raiders give him a bunch of money like they always do to overrated free agents.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 20, 2009, 06:56:24 PM »

No just borderline obsessive-compulsive.

Personally for the right price (Something around the vet. min?) I wouldn't mind keeping Clayton around.

He played decent in a few games last season and maybe being seperated from Gruden is exactly what he needs.

But I'm sure Seattle or Chicago or Oakland will vastly overpay him.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 20, 2009, 06:57:00 PM »

Michael Clayton-WR-Buccaneers Jan. 20 - 6:35 pm et

The Bucs have reportedly "expressed interest" in retaining free agent to-be Michael Clayton.

They likely aren't offering much. Clayton hasn't been a league-average receiver in four years. It's past time for the sides to go their separate ways.

Cause we already bought the jersey?

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 20, 2009, 07:01:18 PM »

Your title would be grammatically correct if it said.

Bucs "expressing interest" in retaining Michael Clayton (Rotoworld)

I'm sorry

Yeah, well I just cut and paste from the first line in the rotoworld posting and deleted a few of the words. No typing involved.

Sorry geek...

Howler57

Starter

« #14 : January 20, 2009, 07:02:24 PM »

receptionist:"hello rotoworld"
voice on line: " this is michael clayton's agent..i've got a gossip bit for your page".........

i'm also going on the feeling that mc80 would definitely be "one of  theguys " would not respect raheem as head coach...clayton talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk..and wants the jack (still laughing at the fur coat and hot tub pix from rookie year!!)...imho

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs "expressed interest" in retaining Michael Clayton (Rotoworld) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools