Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs "expressed interest" in retaining Michael Clayton (Rotoworld) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#75 : January 21, 2009, 08:51:51 PM

Why is everyone so steamed about his Gruden comments? The dude kept his yap shut and once Gruden was fired opened up. He's not talking bad about anyone on the team. He's talking about a not-a-Buccaneer guy.

Why is he seen as running down Gruden (who functionally has zero involvement with the Bucs) and not seen as helping the franchise because he's backing up the owners?

Good points -- and to add to that -- he definitely was not the only one with these opinions...in fact, he might not have been in the minority...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 21, 2009, 08:53:29 PM

Why is everyone so steamed about his Gruden comments? The dude kept his yap shut and once Gruden was fired opened up. He's not talking bad about anyone on the team. He's talking about a not-a-Buccaneer guy.

Why is he seen as running down Gruden (who functionally has zero involvement with the Bucs) and not seen as helping the franchise because he's backing up the owners?

Good points -- and to add to that -- he definitely was not the only one with these opinions...in fact, he might not have been in the minority...

I agree.

Michael Bennett's ghost lives on. 8)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#77 : January 21, 2009, 09:06:02 PM

Oh right, fans of the coach not the team.
Because it does not come across that way at all.  Let me ask you this, do you think he is functionally in the owners corner, or is he just throwing out more excuses to get his dollars up, by basically making Gruden out to be the man who "destroyed" his career?  Clayton is his own man, and he could not outright win the job, or outright make the plays that were required of him.

Week after week, month after month, year after stinkin year he went out and was a no show.  Go look at his numbers, they do not lie.  And they do tell the whole story of his usefullness on offense, for the most part.  Is Gruden responsible for this?  He does not need any more excuses made up for him.  He has time to come up with them on his own, while he is shopping for new bling and coats, while others are working to become better...

The occasional block he throws once every five weeks is beautiful, but c'mon man.  He is paid to catch and score.  He does not catch well enough, for me to be excited.  He does not run well enough, for me to worry.  If anything, it appears that Gruden drew up plays that actually allowed Clayton to get matchups that favored him.  And for the most part, he blew it.

Gruden needed to be fired.  And Clayton needs to be released.  Not because of his stupid comments, but because of his awful play.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#78 : January 21, 2009, 09:11:46 PM

You defend the truth and the truth is that Clayton is a cancer. ''Once Gruden was fired opened up?'' Yeah and his negative thought processes did zero to undermine the Bucs while Gruden was still coaching here? Riiiiiight. This is his pattern.
And we get steamed because if he helped bury Gruden, he'll help bury Morris. Morris deserves a clean slate, that's why. It's not your nonsensical twist of us being fans of the coach not the team. THAT is your personal wish to change the focus from where it should be. Sly, but transparent.
A pro's pro, a leader doesn't think in those terms or act in them. He didn't act appropriately no matter WHO the head coach of the TB Bucs is and to think the wicked tiger will suddenly change his stripes is a fantasy.

In Verner We Trust

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 22, 2009, 08:18:57 AM

You defend the truth and the truth is that Clayton is a cancer. ''Once Gruden was fired opened up?'' Yeah and his negative thought processes did zero to undermine the Bucs while Gruden was still coaching here? Riiiiiight. This is his pattern.

Did he ever do/say anything that was cancerous. Look, I think MC80 is as spare as they get - I'm not one of these types who think he's gonna get better and wanted hi benched for JG  - but I'm not sure where his "pattern" of bad behavior is. He's not alone in "negative though processes" apparently so unless he had the unique of telepathy I'm not sure his were any more unique than anyone else's. I have zero problems with him speaking ill of Gruden or Muir or any other folks that aren't here publically. He starts causing issues here, privately or publically, then I'm concerned about that. Mostly I'm concerned about his level of suck which is why he should be gone.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#80 : January 22, 2009, 11:04:38 AM

Did he ever do/say anything that was cancerous. Look, I think MC80 is as spare as they get - I'm not one of these types who think he's gonna get better and wanted hi benched for JG - but I'm not sure where his "pattern" of bad behavior is. He's not alone in "negative though processes" apparently so unless he had the unique of telepathy I'm not sure his were any more unique than anyone else's. I have zero problems with him speaking ill of Gruden or Muir or any other folks that aren't here publically. He starts causing issues here, privately or publically, then I'm concerned about that. Mostly I'm concerned about his level of suck which is why he should be gone.

The biggest problem with Clayton's comments was his not taking any responsibility for his shortcomings. He laid it all on others. It really doesn't reflect well on him. I haven't heard or read anything about Clayton which would indicate that he's a problem other than when he's dropping passes.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#81 : January 23, 2009, 01:30:21 PM

Well my guess is that if he is still out there later on in free agency. Why not bring him back for a low price. Id rather be aggressive, resign Bryant and sign another player who can make plays.

Same here, but at the same time we would have to be cautious. If we buy out some high-named guy and he doesn't produce, we would've been better off with someone like MC that knows the team. That "block" he throws is one of the reasons Bryant,etc. gets into the endzone. Personally, I like tough WR's. With all the changes going on, that's one less thing we would have to worry about. Bringing in someone new has even more question marks on it. Even more questionable than his hands imo.
How many blocks did Clayton levy this year that were directly responsible for 89 getting the 6?

If you are driving in the fourth, with 2 minutes left, I would rather not see Clayton on the field.

Same here regarding your "two minutes left" quote. Thinking back on it, I think you may be right. There were only 2-4 good blocks that I can recall.

Question is, how many unseen things has he done? To be honest, imo losing MC could be "the straw that broke the camels back" so to speak. With so many new things going on, I just worry that too many "new" things make us 6-10 this upcomming season. However, If he could be replaced with someone like.. T.j. or A. Boldin I'd be alll for it either way.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#82 : January 23, 2009, 02:30:53 PM

Clayton is not a playmaker.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#83 : January 23, 2009, 02:52:08 PM

clayton can't catch so how can he be a playmaker...we can get wrs in the draft a lot cheaper ,faster and better.

#84 : January 23, 2009, 02:58:59 PM

I think the interest is limited to ... let the market set your value (if there even is one.)   We'll see if your worth a prove it contract.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#85 : January 23, 2009, 04:39:05 PM

Bad comments aren't my issue with Clayton. I echo Ryan's sentiments. Tell the truth, but take responsibility for your actions. IMHO he twisted his perception of other guys' situations to camoflage his wanting to ripe Gruden.
He understood deep down how selfish he was being. So he had to mask it.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs "expressed interest" in retaining Michael Clayton (Rotoworld) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools