Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pat White « previous next »
Page: 1 2

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#15 : January 26, 2009, 03:13:57 AM

Pat White played OK in the Senior Bowl IMO he had his moments but remember he still has to learn how to take a snap from under center...Most of his pass yards came on that screen play and his runs were play action bootlegs and they wont be played that horribly by a REAL defense. So lets not get to excited about Pat White he to me is a lesser version of Vince Young and we all know what kinda of "winner" that guy is.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 26, 2009, 08:15:42 AM

Pat Whites two most impressive plays (The Screen Pass and the Bomb) came on plays where he took the snap from the center.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#17 : January 26, 2009, 08:38:35 AM

Cool...he still wont amount to much as an NFL QB. If Pat White had to take it from center consistently and read defenses during his drop back he would have to pull the ball down every play and run cause that's all he does...Period. Vince Young is in a completly diferent league as far as talent goes when compared to Pat White and look where that got Vince Young...

#18 : January 26, 2009, 08:51:21 AM

The problem is that people see what system he was under at WV and see that he isnt a pro ready QB...However what Pat did Saturday was sow everybody that he can digest a Pro offense under center and be a good QB...which is more than any of the other "Pro Style" QB's did there.

What you see is really a Mike Vick clone in Pat White...both are 6'0 and in the low 200's in weight. Both have a cannon arm and can beat you both with passing and with the legs

I think White has an advantage however because he has shown maturity and is a level headed guy...where Vick was agressive and impatient. Will this make White a better Pro??? It depends on what team gets him and who develops his skills furher

After Saturday the only thing I am fear of wh White is his ability to stay out of the tub...not his ability in a pro style offense

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 26, 2009, 11:43:50 AM

Pat Whites two most impressive plays (The Screen Pass and the Bomb) came on plays where he took the snap from the center.

I thought White played pretty well Saturday evening. The two passes he made are the two easiest to repeat at an NFL level. The determination of whether he can cut it as an NFL QB will be made based on the short, intermediate and deep out. 

He's not really a good choice for the Bucs because they already have a 4th or 5th round guy who can run and make some of the throws. If they wish to take a QB it will likely be a first day pick.

BTW....Harrell was terrible. At least Bomar showed arm strength.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 26, 2009, 12:09:12 PM

MVP of that game isn't saying much.

ilovebeer

Starter

#21 : January 27, 2009, 02:04:42 AM

I have watched Pat White since his first game against Louisville.    He does not have touch on his throws.  He may have in the senior bowl, but from what I have seen, he trieds to rocket every throw.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#22 : January 27, 2009, 02:07:52 AM

Pat White's arm as strong and accurate as Vick? You have to be kidding, Vick didn't run this "spread" offense that has took college football by storm. I will agree that White is far more leveled headed than Vick coming into the NFL but Vick's arm was the best in football before he got in trouble. Digest a pro style offense..? The Senior Bowl installs the most basic NFL plays, so let's not get carried away with him being able to disgest an NFL playbook. His best plays were bootlegs and a screen play.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#23 : January 27, 2009, 02:24:41 AM

LMFAO at the dude with Ellis Lankster as his last pick in Round 7.

#24 : January 27, 2009, 04:27:49 PM

LMFAO at the dude with Ellis Lankster as his last pick in Round 7.

Lets see your mock then and see how you do

Ellis Lankster is rated the #33 CB in NFLDC.com and as a LR/UFA

Please  send Scott Wright an email as well while you are at it
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pat White « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools