Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Senior Bowl notes on Peria Jerry « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 20, 2009, 09:33:18 AM

How old is he? I mean really as long as we can get 5 productive years out of him I don't care about much else. There's no guarnatee any prospect gives you more than 5 years, no matter his age.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

tajik_buc

Starter

#16 : January 20, 2009, 09:34:31 AM

How old is he? I mean really as long as we can get 5 productive years out of him I don't care about much else. There's no guarnatee any prospect gives you more than 5 years, no matter his age.

Think Jerry will be 25 when the season starts

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 20, 2009, 09:35:50 AM

I prefer Jerry, because he seems like he'll be one of the rare players who can rush the passer consistently from the inside, but I'm not getting my hopes up that either he or Raji will be there when we pick.

psymun

Starter
#18 : January 20, 2009, 09:39:49 AM

Why do so many of you ignore Ziggy Hood as a prospect?

• The headliner of the day might have been Missouri DT Evander "Ziggy" Hood, who showcased his trademark hustle and tenacity. Hood's motor seemed to run non-stop and he was able to consistently make plays in one-on-one drills, dipping and getting past Alex Mack on more than one occasion.

#19 : January 20, 2009, 09:42:52 AM

I like Hood.   Good prospect with upside.

Kind of a motivated Dre Moore IMO.

Good size too...

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 20, 2009, 10:15:44 AM

RB Rashad Jennings (Liberty)...

that cat sounds like he's making a name for himself.

Wouldn't mind him in the 2/3rd.

I don't think Jerry and Raji make it to 19.

Time to start a failed drug test rumor :D

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 20, 2009, 10:29:30 AM

Pass rush DT's are risers so if he keeps blowing up I'd think he might not be there for us.
His age will be a turnoff for some.

His injury history will probably be more of a turnoff than his age
What injury history? Are you sure you're not thinking of Greg Hardy?

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/Peria-Jerry.php

Missed some time with an ankle injury during his year at the prep school...Missed the first four games of his freshman season with an injury...Was hampered by a foot injury in 2006 that eventually required some offseason surgery...Underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn medial meniscus in his right knee in August of 2008...Started slow as a senior while he battled back from knee surgery but came on like gangbusters down the stretch...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 21, 2009, 08:38:45 AM

I think he's heading north of our pick:

"Ole Miss DT Peria Jerry was a man amongst boys today. Whether it was using his strength to put 380+ pound Herman Johnson on his back or getting a good push to get the best of Eric Wood on multiple occasions the guy just looked like a stud. Coming into this game I felt Jerry was a first round talent and now there is no doubt in my mind. This guy is making himself some money."

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gypsie

Starter

#23 : January 21, 2009, 09:10:06 AM

Birth Date 08/23/1984
So he will be 25 at the start of the season.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 21, 2009, 09:19:40 AM

Ole Miss DT Peria Jerry was a man amongst boys today.

Literally, in some cases

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Senior Bowl notes on Peria Jerry « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools