Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Interest « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: January 21, 2009, 08:42:12 AM

According to nfldraftcountdown.com

Phil Loadholt
Ramses Barden
Jeremiah Johnson
Kyle Moore

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 21, 2009, 08:54:39 AM

Loadholt would mean the end of Jeremy Trueblood, which I'm not necessarily against.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#2 : January 21, 2009, 09:05:33 AM

Trueblood, IMO, is the weakest link along the line.  Penn, an UFA IIRC, has far outplayed Trueblood.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 21, 2009, 09:18:48 AM

Johnson = Clifton Smith

I like Barden

Would love an upgrade over True as well

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 21, 2009, 09:20:23 AM

i dont think you need to have a 1st round pick at every position on the OL.  i think its better to balance out the entire team.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 21, 2009, 09:24:31 AM

i dont think you need to have a 1st round pick at every position on the OL.  i think its better to balance out the entire team.
On paper I agree, but the people picking the players now aren't the ones who picked Trueblood, so if they feel they need to get rid of him that's their prerogative. Loadholt is probably a 2nd round pick, anyways.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#6 : January 21, 2009, 09:46:43 AM

i like "load" in round 2 .. we need OT depth anyways -- and neither penn nor trueblood are irreplaceable.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 21, 2009, 09:47:58 AM

I think Trueblood is better than a lot of people here give him credit for. He has had stretches over the last 2 years where he has played at a pro-bowl level, and injuries at certain points of those two years have hurt him. He is always going to give up a few sacks a year, because he isn't built to handle some of the smaller, quicker rushers. He has been a mauler in the run game at times though. Our big runs early in the year against New Orleans and Atlanta were direct results of his blocking.

Jbuc5

Practice Squad

#8 : January 21, 2009, 09:55:04 AM

Trueblood, IMO, is the weakest link along the line.  Penn, an UFA IIRC, has far outplayed Trueblood.

I couldn't agree more.. I have thought for the past two seasons that Trueblood was the weakest link.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 21, 2009, 09:58:05 AM

I have watched along with you, on their individual day everyone has amazed and everyone disappointed.  The common denominator might have just been dismissed.  I hope so. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 21, 2009, 10:21:48 AM

I think Trueblood is better than a lot of people here give him credit for. He has had stretches over the last 2 years where he has played at a pro-bowl level, and injuries at certain points of those two years have hurt him. He is always going to give up a few sacks a year, because he isn't built to handle some of the smaller, quicker rushers. He has been a mauler in the run game at times though. Our big runs early in the year against New Orleans and Atlanta were direct results of his blocking.

It's also possible that the "new" regime got tired of the stupid stuff he got into. He killed the Bucs with that stuff at times.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Interest « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools