Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Draft Mark Sanchez? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
: January 22, 2009, 12:21:16 PM

I don't know if Sanchez is a top five pick or not, but I wouldn't mind him at 19.  As has been pointed out before, Sanchez is a much better prospect than Leinart ever was.

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

#1 : January 22, 2009, 11:04:33 AM

I've been seeing some fans entertaining the idea of the Bucs drafting USC quaterback Mark Sanchez. So I ask, why. Why draft a one year wonder who was also a one year starter, when next years draft will be full of legitimate starters like Tebow, Bradford and McCoy. Espescially when the negative people that think were going to do so horrible(like challenging the 0-16 Lions) next season than that means we would have a high first rounder and a better shot in drafting one of those guys. I wouldn't take him in any round, we don't need another guy that has had run ins with the law, with one being sexual assault which he was accused of, with no charges of course! He was released on a 200,000 dollar bond. Draft a quarterback next year if Harrell isn't available in the 2nd or 3rd Round. That's what I'd do.

RAHEEM09'
Change we can believe in!

TBbuccaneer40 out.

cdebanks

Starter

#2 : January 22, 2009, 11:10:57 AM

I've been seeing some fans entertaining the idea of the Bucs drafting USC quaterback Mark Sanchez. So I ask, why. Why draft a one year wonder who was also a one year starter, when next years draft will be full of legitimate starters like Tebow, Bradford and McCoy. Espescially when the negative people that think were going to do so horrible(like challenging the 0-16 Lions) next season than that means we would have a high first rounder and a better shot in drafting one of those guys. I wouldn't take him in any round, we don't need another guy that has had run ins with the law, with one being sexual assault which he was accused of, with no charges of course! He was released on a 200,000 dollar bond. Draft a quarterback next year if Harrell isn't available in the 2nd or 3rd Round. That's what I'd do.

RAHEEM09'
Change we can believe in!

TBbuccaneer40 out.

Whoa! I didn't know Sanchez had a rap sheet.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 22, 2009, 11:14:58 AM

Well I would rather leave next year's draft out of the process for determining this year's draft. Sanchez should be gone anyway so it doesn't matter.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 22, 2009, 11:16:48 AM

He wasn't even a one YEAR wonder, he was a one GAME wonder.

Can anyone point to a game other than PSU where Sanchez looked above average?

Anyone?

The last guy we drafted based on one performance rode the bench after being pushed down by a stiff breeze on kickoffs.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 22, 2009, 11:19:06 AM

Anyone?

He looked pretty good against OSU.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 22, 2009, 11:20:51 AM

Anyone?

That's my point on Sanchez, the kid hasn't been all that good. Jamarcus Russ had a great last game vs a poor ND defense and dude went #1, same thing is happening with Sanchez. The athletes at USC run circles around slow Big 10 defenses, it wasn't a fair fight all around.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 22, 2009, 11:20:59 AM

Because they need a QB.  That's all I got. Why that particular one...  drawing a blank there.  

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 22, 2009, 11:21:58 AM

As does any USC QB vs the Big 10, that conference is something awful

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 22, 2009, 11:22:46 AM

Anyone?

Against another slow Big 10 defense.

He looks average other than a few big performances, seems pretty inconsistent for a first round pick, maybe if he'd stay another year I could see it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 22, 2009, 11:37:23 AM

Anyone?

He looks average other than a few big performances, seems pretty inconsistent for a first round pick, maybe if he'd stay another year I could see it.

Sanchez had his best games against the best teams they played.  He had big games against ranked teams in OSU, Oregon, Cal, and Penn State.

I don't know what you need to see as far as consistency.  He threw for 3207 yards, 34 TD's, and 10 Ints with a 65.8 completion percentage in 12 games.  That ain't too shabby.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 22, 2009, 11:39:45 AM

You guys are too busy watching the SEC appearently to have watched this kid.  As Biggs made note of, he came up big in big spots.

It wont matter as he will not fall out of the top 5.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 22, 2009, 11:42:27 AM

and besides, its pretty obvious that nowadays looking the part is half the battle.  The kid is in amazing shape, an elite natural athlete.  What did Flacco have going for him other than being prototypical looking in his physique and a cannon for an arm?  He was a high pick, certainly flashing greatness against some of the premier teams in the country for 1 year is just as impressive as flacco winning at Deleware, no?

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#13 : January 22, 2009, 11:47:00 AM

Anyone?

Sanchez had his best games against the best teams they played.� He had big games against ranked teams in OSU, Oregon, Cal, and Penn State.

I don't know what you need to see as far as consistency.� He threw for 3207 yards, 34 TD's, and 10 Ints with a 65.8 completion percentage in 12 games.� That ain't too shabby.

Did you watch the games or just read the stat lines?

He's VERY inconsistent and drafting him in the first round because he bested a few under matched opponents in college doesn't fill me with excitement. He's not gonna be playing any slow, clunky Big Ten defense in the NFC South lol.

A second or third round pick, maybe. But a first rounder based on his PSU performance (no one was calling for this kid in the first before that to my knowledge..) is ridiculous.

Sanchez is inconsistent, not as good as the previous 3 USC QBs at this point in time and even his coach eluded to him coming out being a mistake. The clue train is a blaring, please let it into the station.

fbickley

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 22, 2009, 11:51:34 AM

I actually aggree.  Next year is a much better draft for QBs.  Get one of the available young guys with experience, including McCown, and see where they can take you.  Build the Dline in FA and the first round, and by the time you pick a QB next year, he'll have all the support system in place to make it an easy transition, if this years guy pans out.  IF this year's player does pan out, you can still get a good QB in the second or third to have a solid backup.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Draft Mark Sanchez? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools