Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Draft Mark Sanchez? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

#15 : January 22, 2009, 11:52:38 AM

So you like Harrell and Tebow, both whom are major projects. Tebow will probably have to switch positions to play in the NFL.

Sanchez played in a pro style offense at USC, thats why I want him. Has a strong arm, accuracy needs work but that can always been improved on.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 22, 2009, 11:54:57 AM

Did you watch the games or just read the stat lines?

LOL...

So that's where you go after those stats disprove your "inconsistent" theory?

LOL...

I guess I should ask you the same question since you call Sanchez inconsistent, which clearly isn't the case.

A second or third round pick, maybe. But a first rounder based on his PSU performance (no one was calling for this kid in the first before that to my knowledge..) is ridiculous

It's a shame that wasn't your argument in the first place.  You said he was inconsistent.  Sanchez only had one bad game by my count, against ASU...where his team won 28-0.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 22, 2009, 11:55:38 AM

If accuracy can be improved, why don't we just improve Josh Johnson's lol

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

acacius

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 22, 2009, 11:58:57 AM

when next years draft will be full of legitimate starters like Tebow, Bradford and McCoy.

Sanchez is certainly the better NFL quarterback prospect than Tebow.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#19 : January 22, 2009, 12:00:20 PM

LOL...

So that's where you go after those stats disprove your "inconsistent" theory?

LOL...

I guess I should ask you the same question since you call Sanchez inconsistent, which clearly isn't the case.

A second or third round pick, maybe. But a first rounder based on his PSU performance (no one was calling for this kid in the first before that to my knowledge..) is ridiculous

It's a shame that wasn't your argument in the first place. �You said he was inconsistent. �Sanchez only had one bad game by my count, against ASU...where his team won 28-0.

He is inconsistent, again, did you watch these games sans the Rose Bowl before coming to your opinion? He shows flashes of greatness then you've got games where his completion percentage is around 50% against pass defenses that aren't exactly top 10.

psymun

Starter
#20 : January 22, 2009, 12:00:32 PM

I've been seeing some fans entertaining the idea of the Bucs drafting USC quaterback Mark Sanchez. So I ask, why. Why draft a one year wonder who was also a one year starter, when next years draft will be full of legitimate starters like Tebow, Bradford and McCoy. Espescially when the negative people that think were going to do so horrible(like challenging the 0-16 Lions) next season than that means we would have a high first rounder and a better shot in drafting one of those guys. I wouldn't take him in any round, we don't need another guy that has had run ins with the law, with one being sexual assault which he was accused of, with no charges of course! He was released on a 200,000 dollar bond. Draft a quarterback next year if Harrell isn't available in the 2nd or 3rd Round. That's what I'd do.

RAHEEM09'
Change we can believe in!

TBbuccaneer40 out.

ok, wow, seriously? You think that Tebow is a more legit QB than Sanchez? His own coaches have hinted to the idea of him switching positions in the pros. Spread offenses rarely translate well.

And as if going for one system QB isn't enough, you want to waste a 2nd on Harrell? He has a weak arm and is struggling taking snaps from under center. We'll see this weekend whether or not he can read a defense, since this will be the first time that he'll be asked to in his entire college career.

That being said, Matt Cassell never started at USC because of all the talent ahead of him what is he doing now? Oh yah, getting ready to bank. I'm sure you wouldn't mind taking a chance on him if he had the slightest chance of making it to FA.

Meanwhile, Sanchez gets 1 year and shines. That's not a one year wonder. A one year wonder is someone who gets shot after shot and THEN shines their senior year. This was the first chance he got, he took it and ran with it.

It's been shown (i don't feel like looking it up) that picking a quarterback in the first round gives you a 50/50 shot at getting a very good quarterback, and a 30% shot at a pro bowler (at least one year). That being said, I'm willing to bet that out of Sanchez and Stanford that Sanchez will be the better QB.

He wasn't even a one YEAR wonder, he was a one GAME wonder.

Can anyone point to a game other than PSU where Sanchez looked above average?

Anyone?

He looked pretty good against OSU.

Against another slow Big 10 defense.

He looks average other than a few big performances, seems pretty inconsistent for a first round pick, maybe if he'd stay another year I could see it.

Sanchez had his best games against the best teams they played.� He had big games against ranked teams in OSU, Oregon, Cal, and Penn State.

I don't know what you need to see as far as consistency.� He threw for 3207 yards, 34 TD's, and 10 Ints with a 65.8 completion percentage in 12 games.� That ain't too shabby.

He's VERY inconsistent and drafting him in the first round because he bested a few under matched opponents in college doesn't fill me with excitement. He's not gonna be playing any slow, clunky Big Ten defense in the NFC South lol.

A second or third round pick, maybe. But a first rounder based on his PSU performance (no one was calling for this kid in the first before that to my knowledge..) is ridiculous.

Sanchez is inconsistent, not as good as the previous 3 USC QBs at this point in time and even his coach eluded to him coming out being a mistake. The clue train is a blaring, please let it into the station.

And I watched 6 of USC's games, and where did he look inconsistent to you?

The only time i remember him having trouble was when his receivers were dropping passes (can't remember the game) and he got frustrated and flustered. 2 drives later, he calmed down and they won the game...

techstar25

Starter

#21 : January 22, 2009, 12:01:27 PM

Matt Cassel hadn't thrown a pass since Pop warner or something like that, and he did okay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my blog "Reheemisms", a compilation of his best quotes.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#22 : January 22, 2009, 12:03:02 PM

Matt Cassel hadn't thrown a pass since Pop warner or something like that, and he did okay.

And Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Joey Harrington all did and well.. yeah, as you can see the draft is a crap shoot lol

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 22, 2009, 12:08:50 PM

Psymun, nice post brother.

I think Sanchez will be a far better player than Stafford.  JMO.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#24 : January 22, 2009, 12:12:44 PM

The ASU game and before, he looked inconsistent. Not saying he's a bad QB, just saying that half a year of performance is a little shaky in terms of spending a first round pick.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 22, 2009, 12:14:30 PM

He is inconsistent,

You got any evidence to back this up yet?

again, did you watch these games sans the Rose Bowl before coming to your opinion?

I watched the 4 games mentioned against the ranked teams they played and also the Oregon State and Notre Dame games.  You?

He shows flashes of greatness then you've got games where his completion percentage is around 50% against pass defenses that aren't exactly top 10.

One game at 50%.  One game at 80%.  An entire season at 65.8%.  That's how every QB goes over a season.

Tell me the QB who was consistent in your view.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 22, 2009, 12:16:38 PM

I read somewhere that Sanchez has completed all his classes for graduation. So pretty much if he returned to school next year the only thing he would be doing is playing football. Why not enter the draft get acclimated with your new job and get paid while doing it? He should be spending his rookie year learning from the bench. Sanchez is a better pro prospect than Booty or Leinart.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 22, 2009, 12:19:33 PM

Nice biggs, school is in session.  He clearly just doesnt "like" Sanchez for whatever reason, so he's inventing a case against him.

Has Sanchez been Manning at Tennessee?  Of course not.  He played one year of very, very solid football.   He played in a prostyle offense and played his best vs USCs toughest opponents.  When you combine that with the USC pedigree, and the fact the kid has all the natural ability in the world, its easy to see why he's a top 5 pick.  I think if he lands in the right spot, he could be an excellent QB.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 22, 2009, 12:22:10 PM

His leadership qualities are somewhat overlooked.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 22, 2009, 12:22:23 PM

I read somewhere that Sanchez has completed all his classes for graduation. So pretty much if he returned to school next year the only thing he would be doing is playing football. Why not enter the draft get acclimated with your new job and get paid while doing it? He should be spending his rookie year learning from the bench. Sanchez is a better pro prospect than Booty or Leinart.

another great post.  How did that work for Leinart?  I think his last year his only course was ball room dancing.  Cost himself a boatload of money, probably 8 or 9 draft spots, lost the national title game and hasnt gotten off the bench since.

Its a weak class this year PERFECT for Sanchez to come out.  Not to mention the rookie wage scale which isnt very far away.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why Draft Mark Sanchez? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools