Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joel Miller's family hires Barry Cohen « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ranman

Pro Bowler
#15 : January 11, 2010, 03:42:46 PM

Okay then his attorney is screwing the program.  Make ya happier?  Please as stated we simply disagree.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 11, 2010, 03:46:30 PM

Okay then his attorney is screwing the program. Make ya happier? Please as stated we simply disagree.

"Screwing" the program (which is open for debate) and not loving the program are not the same thing.  We can agree/disagree or whatever about whether his lawsuit is screwing the program.  I would argue that waiting until last Friday to make the move screwed the program.   There is no argument on whether Leavitt loves the USF football program.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#17 : January 11, 2010, 04:03:02 PM

Okay then his attorney is screwing the program. Make ya happier? Please as stated we simply disagree.

"Screwing" the program (which is open for debate) and not loving the program are not the same thing.  We can agree/disagree or whatever about whether his lawsuit is screwing the program.  I would argue that waiting until last Friday to make the move screwed the program.   There is no argument on whether Leavitt loves the USF football program.

Sure there is. I usually agree with you but here not so much. Leavitt is all about Leavitt. I know what he did for the program...that's great. But consider what he has now done to the program. That's like saying an abusive husband 'loves' his wife, but sometimes she just needs a good whacking. He screwed up big time. Thought that HE was bigger than the program. Now he's done. Don't feel a bit  sorry for him. As for waiting until  Friday. USF was conducting a formal inquiry and it was not just some dog and pony show. They were very thorough and I applaud their actions.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 11, 2010, 04:11:59 PM

Sure there is. I usually agree with you but here not so much. Leavitt is all about Leavitt. I know what he did for the program...that's great. But consider what he has now done to the program. That's like saying an abusive husband 'loves' his wife, but sometimes she just needs a good whacking. He screwed up big time. Thought that HE was bigger than the program. Now he's done. Don't feel a bit  sorry for him. As for waiting until Friday. USF was conducting a formal inquiry and it was not just some dog and pony show. They were very thorough and I applaud their actions.

I don't feel sorry for him at all.  The fact that he screwed up with the striking of the kid and the cover up doesn't lessen how much he loves the program nor does the fact that his ego may have gotten the best of him.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 15, 2010, 09:15:21 PM

Back on topic .... Just what in the hell will the Millers sue for, on what grounds, if leavitt doesn't issue an apology, which he won't.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 15, 2010, 09:50:43 PM

Can you sue because you have no balls????

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 15, 2010, 10:25:20 PM

Back on topic .... Just what in the hell will the Millers sue for, on what grounds, if leavitt doesn't issue an apology, which he won't.

Man, in this society people just invent reasons.  Mental anguish, stress, embarassment, harassment.  It's ridiculous.  And they have the nerve to talk about character when they hire a guy like Barry Cohen.  Please.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 15, 2010, 10:39:15 PM

Man, in this society people just invent reasons.  Mental anguish, stress, embarassment, harassment.  It's ridiculous.  And they have the nerve to talk about character when they hire a guy like Barry Cohen.  Please.

I hope to hell Jim has some good lawyers ... Whatever he did, losing his dream job was plenty enough payment... Joel wants to sue somebody, sue whoever (*cough*Colby*cough*) went to mcMurphy in the beginning and opened up this can of worms.

ABN

Starter
#23 : January 16, 2010, 09:19:20 AM

Barry Cohen is a lot of hot air milking the Miller kid for all the free publicity he can get. What kind of suit is he going to file. A personal injury suit. What are his damages? He did not need medical treatment, he isn’t injured so what are his damages. No pain and suffering, I guess he could claim mental anguish. How much would a jury award for that? Not much. If Cohen is taking this on a contingency basis he is not as smart as everyone makes him out to be. As far as criminal prosecution that is up to the state attorney not Cohen and it would only be simple battery a misdemeanor. Come on the courts have more serious cases. Cohen get lost.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 16, 2010, 08:09:52 PM

I wonder how the Miller family would feel about a 'drop your stupid lawsuit or you'll never dress for a game again' ultimatum:

Holtz Says Miller Remains on Team
Posted January 16, 2010 by Scott Carter
Updated Jan 16, 2010 at 05:11 PM

The most famous walk-on player in USF history—sophomore running back Joel Miller—remains a member of the football team and will be evaluated like every other player on the roster according to new head coach Skip Holtz.

Miller is at the center of a controversy that led to the firing of Jim Leavitt on Jan. 8.

After a FanHouse.com report detailed an alleged incident between Leavitt and Miller at halftime of the Nov. 21 game against Louisville, USF launched an investigation that concluded Leavitt grabbed Miller by the throat and slapped him twice in the face. Leavitt was fired and Miller, who admits he lied to investigators to protect Leavitt, is now demanding a public apology and threatening a civil lawsuit if his former coach doesn’t issue an apology.

Meanwhile, Miller’s new coach said the former Wharton High standout remains on the team and will be given every chance to continue his career.

“Right now, he’s part of this team,’’ Holtz said Saturday. “We’ll turn and go forward with it. If it creates problems or distractions to where it takes away from this team or what we’re trying to do, then we’ll have to re-evaluate it. But right now with where we are, he’s part of this program. He’s part of this team.’‘

Holtz is aware of the ongoing public soap opera being staged by the attorneys for Miller and Leavitt, but he says Miller and every other player on the Bulls’ roster gets a fresh start.

“What has gone on here has gone on here,’’ Holtz said. “I can’t control it. I’m certainly not looking to turn and make decisions based on what happened before I got here. As I told the players, everybody starts with a clean slate. We’ll go from here forward.’’

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joel Miller's family hires Barry Cohen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools