Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009 CFB Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 27, 2009, 06:53:35 PM

I'm excited to see how Jarret Brown does for WVU next year. He has a shot in the NFL imo.

Seriously?

I guess stranger things have happened, but I'd say he is a LONG way away from the NFL.....he hasn't even shown he can play in college.

He wasn't even a big time recruit, so out of curiosity (since he hasn't even played) what makes you think he is an NFL caliber QB?

Honestly. Over the years when nfl scouts came to watch our practices, more were there to see Jarret Brown than Pat White. One nfl scout says that he could be drafted high because he is identical to Jamarcus Russel. And whenever he has played he has been great. He is going to be good.

our practice? what position do you play

What is your deal man?

nothing. I hate when people say stuff like that, acting like they are part of the team.

Your a fan not a coach or player

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 27, 2009, 08:44:05 PM

I'm excited to see how Jarret Brown does for WVU next year. He has a shot in the NFL imo.

Seriously?

I guess stranger things have happened, but I'd say he is a LONG way away from the NFL.....he hasn't even shown he can play in college.

He wasn't even a big time recruit, so out of curiosity (since he hasn't even played) what makes you think he is an NFL caliber QB?

Honestly. Over the years when nfl scouts came to watch our practices, more were there to see Jarret Brown than Pat White. One nfl scout says that he could be drafted high because he is identical to Jamarcus Russel. And whenever he has played he has been great. He is going to be good.

our practice? what position do you play

What is your deal man?

nothing. I hate when people say stuff like that, acting like they are part of the team.

Your a fan not a coach or player

I personally know a lot of the coaches and former coaches.

ok coach...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 27, 2009, 09:24:07 PM

Seriously?

Identical to Russell?

He so far has shown nothing like Russell.....not coming out of high school and nothing he has done since has shown he is like him.

He might be good, but I wouldn't compare him to a #1 pick right now.

Well he won't be a #1 pick but i've spoken to some coaches who have told me he has the tools that Russel has, and has a shot at being drafted high if he has a big year. I personally could see him being a 2nd or 3rd round pick in next year's draft.

Russell is a freak......

I will with hold full judgment until I see Jarrett more, but I have to think if he was that great physically he would have been rated much more highly coming out of high school. 

I mean, he was basically a ham an egger coming our according to scouting services....obviously, not the end all...but they didn't seem to think much of his physical skills.  I don't see what has really changed since, riding the pine. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 27, 2009, 09:30:42 PM

Jarrett Brown could be the next Pat White in the Senior Bowl.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 27, 2009, 09:58:57 PM

you mean the guy that got MVP of the game because he was the hometown player not the best player in the game?

Jarrett Brown could be a 1 man team hes that good

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#50 : January 27, 2009, 10:04:59 PM

On both sides of the ball.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 27, 2009, 10:15:12 PM

On both sides of the ball.

and special teams...

hell he can coach as well

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#52 : January 28, 2009, 12:01:07 AM

you mean the guy that got MVP of the game because he was the hometown player not the best player in the game?

Pat White was the best player in that game.

disagree

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#53 : January 30, 2009, 12:25:21 PM

The same easy schedule that has Florida looking like the clear cut #1 can also be a detriment if the voters see those opponents the same way. Some other team in the country with an undefeated record and a stronger schedule, not out of the question, could leap-frog the Gators if they aren't blowing everybody out..

if a reigning champ goes undefeated, they will play in the title game.

right. Not to mention a reigning champ with a HUGE fan base which might be the most important part of all.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#54 : January 30, 2009, 03:45:18 PM

The same easy schedule that has Florida looking like the clear cut #1 can also be a detriment if the voters see those opponents the same way. Some other team in the country with an undefeated record and a stronger schedule, not out of the question, could leap-frog the Gators if they aren't blowing everybody out..

right. Not to mention a reigning champ with a HUGE fan base which might be the most important part of all.

That's part of it.

The fact is an accepted football powerhouse (like UF, Ok, USC, PSU, Bama, etc) is far less affected by a perceived weak schedule than a newcomer (like Utah) in a non-BCS conference.  There is a certain "ol boys club" thing going on.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#55 : May 15, 2009, 01:46:38 AM

Hi, My Name is LFO, and I am not very good at posting.

(watch)

LFO

Hall of Famer

#56 : May 15, 2009, 01:48:04 AM

Hi, My Name is LFO, and I am not very good at posting.

(watch)

Seek help bi-polar boy.  Quit stalking me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#57 : May 15, 2009, 01:50:20 AM

Like throwing a stick.  Just a dog.

Now go buy a sub you cheap rat-bastadge.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#58 : May 15, 2009, 07:00:13 AM

WOW is this a  thread about upcoming CFB season or is this a thread for the gators fans to bash everyone.
LFO
OregonBucsFan
Biggs3535

You 3 have shown no class what so ever on this thread. The man says he's excited about WVU and there qb and out come the haters. Jarret Brown is an impressive looking qb who waited his turn to start so if he says in his opinion he has a nfl prospect on his team hmm well thats about as many the gators have.
I shouldnt expect any class to be shown from the trailer park community.

Can i talk about my canes on this thread? lol

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#59 : May 15, 2009, 07:26:39 AM

That's part of it.

The fact is an accepted football powerhouse (like UF, Ok, USC, PSU, Bama, etc) is far less affected by a perceived weak schedule than a newcomer (like Utah) in a non-BCS conference. There is a certain "ol boys club" thing going on.

I agree with you on the ol boys club thing. But a playoff really needs to setup so theres no question about teams not getting a chance. With Boise St and Utah recently going undefeated and knocking of elite teams in there bowl games how much longer can the BCS system deny these schools a chance? Besides if they construct an 8 team playoff can you imagine the games and match ups that will provide.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009 CFB Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools