Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chargers GM mocks LT « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 22, 2009, 07:49:48 PM

Chargers' GM mocks Tomlinson

San Diego Chargers GM A.J. Smith empathized, yet was typically unmoved by the sentiments expressed by LaDainian Tomlinson on his Web site Wednesday.

Tomlinson's statement was actually not anything different than what he had said in previous weeks on the topic of his time in San Diego possibly coming to an end.

The statement read:

"I have been getting a lot of messages on my site regarding me leaving San Diego. I feel that I need to make it very clear that I have NO intentions of leaving San Diego. San Diego is where my career started and where I'd like it to end. I have nothing but love and the upmost (sic) respect for this team, the players, and the Spanos Family. Me being traded is completely out of my hands. I have ABSOLUTELY no control in that decision making. All I can do is wait and see how it all plays out. As for now, I am a Charger and will be until I am told otherwise."

Smith, who has acknowledged he is contemplating whether to release or trade Tomlinson or renegotiate his contract, was later asked about Tomlinson's statement.

"My first reaction was we both have similar feelings," Smith said. "I have no intentions of leaving San Diego. San Diego is where my GM career started and where I'd like it to end. I also have nothing but love and the utmost respect for this team, the players and the Spanos family. I have absolutely no control over how long I will be with the Chargers.

"As for now, I am the Chargers' GM, and I have major decisions to ponder for the organization now and in the future. My recommendation to Dean Spanos will be what's in the best interest of the team — both short and long term. That's my job. That's what Dean hired me to do."

Source: San Diego Union Tribune

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 22, 2009, 07:57:01 PM

What an idiot.

Simon Phoenix

Starter

#2 : January 22, 2009, 08:21:29 PM

sounds like they're gonna shop LT around

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can rebuild him..we have the technology

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 22, 2009, 08:25:52 PM

LT is out. he's old, beaten, and damaged. somewhere along the line i hope spanos asks smith why the hell he didn't keep turner and bounce laddy.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 22, 2009, 08:27:32 PM

would that be considered mocking?  I didnt really see it...

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

Simon Phoenix

Starter

#5 : January 22, 2009, 08:29:55 PM

What I see is the GM saying this is a business and they are going to do what's best for the team regardless of anyone's feelings...basically LT is gone from SD

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can rebuild him..we have the technology

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 22, 2009, 08:32:59 PM

What I see is the GM saying this is a business and they are going to do what's best for the team regardless of anyone's feelings...basically LT is gone from SD
im with ya... I didnt see any blatant mocking or disrespect. 

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#7 : January 22, 2009, 09:03:02 PM

It depends on the context and how he said it. It's one of those comments that I could see being the most disrespectful ever or not disrespectful at all. It really all depends.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 22, 2009, 10:32:43 PM

I saw it as a clear Mock.

He basically repeated what LT said on his website and put his name there instead.

What a mockery.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 22, 2009, 10:38:03 PM

im with ya... I didnt see any blatant mocking or disrespect.

I agree ... if LT is offended ... get over it ...

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 22, 2009, 10:40:53 PM

Further confirming A.J. Smith is a **CENSORED**

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 22, 2009, 11:02:38 PM

There is a method to his madness despite his abrasive personality.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 22, 2009, 11:11:30 PM

There is a method to his madness despite his abrasive personality.

Most of the brilliant buisness minds in this country leave a lot to be desired in terms of personality.

Weird how that works

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 23, 2009, 07:15:53 AM

Poor li'l LT.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chargers GM mocks LT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools