Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yes....... Abortion is still an issue « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #15 : January 23, 2009, 01:33:05 PM »

Of all the money that our government has given to mass murderers across the world this is what you choose to start a thread to complain about. That's the point.

And here's your sign. Much of the money we've given to other governments across the world didn't go anywhere except into the bank accounts of a select few. No development, etc.

If this is what you're worried about you should put on the thinking cap.
I'm not sure how I should be happy that American taxpayers will be funding abortions in other countries, just because we have screwed up sending $$$ overseas in the past.

If you want to start a thread about our foreign aid $$$ being misused in other ways, then I will have no problem **CENSORED**ing in that thread as well.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 23, 2009, 01:34:37 PM »

Hopefully that money is going to Africa...those idiots can't have all these "revolutions" and "government coups" if they are all aborted and not have their "freedom" solidiers.

If tax money is going to be spent on something overseas, atleast its better then just GIVING money away to countries who just ask for it. If we give money I think we should expect something in return now. Hopefully Obama will do something in regards to this. If not, then its just typical left-wing "Focus on the World and ALL its people, not just Americans" approach.
Obama plans on increasing foreign aid to Africa.

Kind of knew/expected that to happen. They love Obama over there and if it was up to him he'd prolly annex Kenya into the US. I just hope its for all the right things and not the wrong ones.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 23, 2009, 01:39:57 PM »

Spending money on this kind of thing is more for PR than to achieve actual results.

The problem with things like AIDS in Africa is in many of these areas the religions forbid the use of birth control. So you can donate millions of condoms and they will sit and never be used. In some of the areas in Africa, the population is over 50-60% infected with HIV. Unless you find a cure, there is nothing you can do but allow the current generation to die off with the virus.

Keep in mind we are talking about countries where people are still stoned to death or burned as witches. We arn't really dealing with developed nations here. The money for this kind of thing is going for political purposes and bribes we will never know about.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #18 : January 23, 2009, 02:04:20 PM »

Of all the money that our government has given to mass murderers across the world this is what you choose to start a thread to complain about. That's the point.

And here's your sign. Much of the money we've given to other governments across the world didn't go anywhere except into the bank accounts of a select few. No development, etc.

If this is what you're worried about you should put on the thinking cap.
I'm not sure how I should be happy that American taxpayers will be funding abortions in other countries, just because we have screwed up sending $$$ overseas in the past.

If you want to start a thread about our foreign aid $$$ being misused in other ways, then I will have no problem **CENSORED**ing in that thread as well.

If you're unhappy that we're spending and sending money overseas I understand. If you are complaining because a ban has been lifted that will allow us to send money overseas for people to get abortions I also understand. It's a much larger issue, though, and abortion is the tip of the iceberg.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 23, 2009, 02:16:37 PM »

The point that hasnt been made yet....

Is that with a debt of $10 trillion dollars and an economic recession....why the hell are we sending money overseas?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #20 : January 23, 2009, 02:40:46 PM »

The point that hasnt been made yet....

Is that with a debt of $10 trillion dollars and an economic recession....why the hell are we sending money overseas?

thats a good question.  lets get our own house in order first.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #21 : January 23, 2009, 02:46:05 PM »

The reason Bush ended this was because many countries were using the money for population control and FORCED abortions.

But you can't let common sense interfere with left-wing politics.

WASHINGTON – In a long-expected move, President Barack Obama plans to sign an executive order ending the ban on federal funds for international groups that perform abortions or provide information on the option, officials told The Associated Press on Friday.

Liberal groups welcomed the decision while abortion rights foes criticized the president. Known as the "Mexico City policy," the ban has been reinstated and then reversed by Republican and Democratic presidents since GOP President Ronald Reagan established it in 1984. President Bill Clinton ended the ban in 1993, but President George W. Bush re-instituted it in 2001 as one of his first acts in office.

The policy bans U.S. taxpayer money, usually in the form of U.S. Agency for International Development funds, from going to international family planning groups that either offer abortions or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion. It is also known as the "global gag rule," because it prohibits taxpayer funding for groups that lobby to legalize abortion or promote it as a family planning method

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 23, 2009, 03:18:51 PM »

I'm a bit curious to find out which groups these are, and why Obama and the pro-"choice" bunch are so hell bent on giving them $$$. I don't doubt that they are doing some good, but what exactly are they doing besides aborting fetuses that nobody else is doing?

With the back and forth that has gone on between administrations, it makes it sound like an R vs D pissing match.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

loweredexpectations

Starter
« #23 : January 23, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_abortion_ban

Our tax $$$ going to help subsidize abortions in foreign countries.

Sickening on many levels, but not a surprise from our new President.

hilarious, you posted the article and you didn't even read it. that seems typical of this board, anything to bash the other guy. START READING THE ARTICLES YOURSELVES! look at this chaos of people who really think they're paying for it, without even reading it.

this was only 2-3 paragraphs deep, maybe this will help you out...

The policy bans U.S. taxpayer money, usually in the form of U.S. Agency for International Development funds, from going to international family planning groups that either offer abortions or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion. It is also known as the "global gag rule," because it prohibits taxpayer funding for groups that lobby to legalize abortion or promote it as a family planning method.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 23, 2009, 03:22:47 PM »

hilarious, you posted the article and you didn't even read it. that seems typical of this board, anything to bash the other guy. START READING THE ARTICLES YOURSELVES! look at this chaos of people who really think they're paying for it, without even reading it.

The policy bans U.S. taxpayer money, usually in the form of U.S. Agency for International Development funds, from going to international family planning groups that either offer abortions or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion. It is also known as the "global gag rule," because it prohibits taxpayer funding for groups that lobby to legalize abortion or promote it as a family planning method.
What makes you think that I didn't read the article?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #25 : January 23, 2009, 03:24:12 PM »

Weren't you the guy talking about someone's reading comprehension?

loweredexpectations

Starter
« #26 : January 23, 2009, 03:29:31 PM »

wow dude, sometimes i wonder about you people.  because OBVIOUSLY you didn't read my post either. what the hell is in the water over their?

let me spell it out for you.

this is from the article... from the link, that YOU posted...

so are you done promoting false information now?

biggs, what am i not understanding? help me.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #27 : January 23, 2009, 03:31:21 PM »

maybe I'm misinterpreting what you are saying ... but Obama's executive order reverses this "policy" ....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 23, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »

wow dude, sometimes i wonder about you people.  because OBVIOUSLY you didn't read my post either. what the hell is in the water over their?

let me spell it out for you.

this is from the article... from the link, that YOU posted...

so are you done promoting false information now?

biggs, what am i not understanding? help me.

Geez, everybody gave you second and third chances to re-read the article you are saying others don't understand and you still swing and miss.

I'll slow it down for you:  Obama is ENDING the ban on spending the taxpayer money.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #29 : January 23, 2009, 03:36:15 PM »

cricket ... cricket ... cricket ... it got pretty quiet all of a sudden .... lol
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yes....... Abortion is still an issue « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools