Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Realisticly. How good or bad is our RB situation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: January 24, 2009, 03:45:19 PM

Think FB is okay.

RB is a quandary. We have nothing solid behind Graham. I would not want to rely on an aging Dunn and an injured Williams.

I think we need 2 more.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 24, 2009, 03:46:53 PM

should definately draft one between rounds 2-5.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 24, 2009, 03:50:27 PM

Best case scenario another season of Graham, Williams, and Dunn will be mediocrity. Worst case scenario could be pretty bad. I'd say keep Graham, give Williams one more season to show he can't stay healthy, draft a running back in rounds 2-4, and cut Dunn.

I also would like some better fullback depth.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 24, 2009, 03:51:36 PM

I'm hoping for a Donald Brown in the 3rd or maybe Kory Sheets in the 4th rd. I also think Arrington of AZ could be pretty good if given the chance and touches.
The rb's definately need an upgrade in talent along with Qb and Wr.

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 24, 2009, 03:58:08 PM

Now what if the highest rated guy on the Bucs board come pick #19 is a RB such as Moreno or Wells?  

#5 : January 24, 2009, 04:17:23 PM

The RB situation is poor overall.  Carnell Williams is another injury waiting to happen, Dunn indeed IS aging, and a certain other guy seems to drop the rock alot.  Good shape at FB I think.

bigbuc345

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 24, 2009, 04:21:39 PM

I can't see the bucs selecting a RB in the first round. 

#7 : January 24, 2009, 04:23:10 PM

Think FB is okay.

RB is a quandary. We have nothing solid behind Graham. I would not want to rely on an aging Dunn and an injured Williams.

I think we need 2 more.

FB is "okay" provided Askew can stay healthy..... seems to be wishful thinking at this point. RB is def in need of upgrading. We have a solid Graham and not much else to count on. I think/hope Smith can become more involved on offense but we most certainly need another option.

I can't see the bucs selecting a RB in the first round.

Part of what's exciting about the new regime is we have no idea what they may or may not do.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 24, 2009, 04:31:04 PM

so if you could draft a RB at #19 that you thought has pro bowl potential you would pass on him for your 3rd ranked DT or 3rd ranked WR?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : January 24, 2009, 04:34:16 PM

I think we are better off either getting a FA RB or drafting one in the 2nd-5th round or so. RBs are a position you can find value in those positions in the draft unlike other positions where it is more of a struggle to do so.

watson

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 24, 2009, 04:37:29 PM

They need a 230+ pound RB that can wear down the defenses.....much like Giants do.......although Graham is a pounder, he still will have problems staying healthy if he has to be the battering ram.  Cadillac scares me......2 patellar tendon injuries is not easy to overcome and the way the last one occurred was not a good sign.  Dunn is about at the end of the line......don't think he will play as significant a role this coming season.  FB should be OK with Askew and Storer, but like the RBs they will have to stay healthy.

I think they will need to draft or FA sign one more before the start of training camp.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 24, 2009, 04:40:07 PM

so if you could draft a RB at #19 that you thought has pro bowl potential you would pass on him for your 3rd ranked DT or 3rd ranked WR?
I think Wells is the only running back worth a 1st round pick because he has an exceptionally high ceiling, though he has the injury concerns we're all sick of with Williams. I don't think Moreno is worth a 1st. It would be great if someone like McCoy dropped to the Bucs' 2nd round pick, or into the 40s where it wouldn't take much to trade up.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 24, 2009, 04:41:13 PM

I think we are better off either getting a FA RB or drafting one in the 2nd-5th round or so. RBs are a position you can find value in those positions in the draft unlike other positions where it is more of a struggle to do so.

I understand where you are coming from and agree to a point but let's say they have Moreno as the 5th best player in the draft and he's still there at our pick...we already passed on Peterson for something we thought was more of a need.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : January 24, 2009, 04:42:47 PM

There is always the opportunity that something like that would happen and in those circumstances I think you go BPA.

Sometimes even if your draft strategy isn't BPA you make a BPA decision when the top of the class falls for seemingly no reason. If he is really the 5th best in the draft and not a QB I don't expect him to fall that far, though.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 24, 2009, 04:45:16 PM

FB is definitely NOT okay. At Dallas we had no FB and had Graham lead blocking for himself. For several games we had Graham moved to FB which removed him from the tailback position where he is needed most.

At RB we have Graham, Dunn who is far from an every down back, and Smith who we need to keep fresh for returns.

We need a healthy (young) FB and we need depth at RB. Neither position is a day one draft priority but I'd like to see us address both in rounds 4-6.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Realisticly. How good or bad is our RB situation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools