Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Realisticly. How good or bad is our RB situation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 24, 2009, 05:05:52 PM

The Bucs need a RB to pair with Graham whether that guy is obtained in FA or in the draft. They can't count on a guy drafted in Rds 3-5 to be able to do that. So it's either FA or likely a first day pick.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 24, 2009, 05:12:04 PM

JG,

What's wrong with Storer?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

simmstheanswer

Starter

#17 : January 24, 2009, 05:13:47 PM

i don't know why people insist that Williams is mediocre-to-bad. he is a far better RB then Graham, who had one good season then looked extremely average this year up until his injury. please do not call caddy injury prone, and leave graham out of that conversation. caddy was having an excellent game, looking like a stud when he got another fluke injury. if that doesn't happen, he ends up with 120+ yards and 2+ td's that game, and goes on to reestablish himself as a top tier rb. unfortunately, he got hurt again, luckily nothing serious.

FB is solid with Askew and Storer (when healthy), no need to do anything there.

if truly believe wit ha healthy graham and healthy williams, we will have a Carolina like RB tandem that should dominate. with a nice 3rd down back, scat back, whatever you want to call him in dunn, our RB situation looks to be very solid.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 24, 2009, 05:14:54 PM

Doubt we take a RB in the first Rd.

DL is more important at that level of the draft.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 24, 2009, 05:16:13 PM

Move Askew to tailback

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 24, 2009, 05:17:28 PM

Simms,

Think you are hoping for a lot of if's to be positive.

What if they aren't?  We can't have another RB situation like last year.

simmstheanswer

Starter

#21 : January 24, 2009, 05:21:20 PM

Simms,

Think you are hoping for a lot of if's to be positive.

What if they aren't?  We can't have another RB situation like last year.

i feel the same can be said for any position on any team in the league. you lose your top players at any position, you are in trouble. that doesn't mean we weren't prepared, we carried 4 rb's, more then most. we can't carry 5-6 rb's just in case our top guys get hurt, we have to go with the best players we've got and hope too many don't get hurt at the same time, same as every position on every team. 

i don't think there's a remedy for the situation. i feel we have sufficient depth at the rb position, considering graham and williams are both proven, when healthy, and we know what we have in dunn. given i don't want dunn as teh #1, but as long as both graham and williams are not hurt at the same time, i feel either with dunn is a good duo, both with dunn is an excellent trio.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 24, 2009, 05:31:59 PM

the Giants will let one of their rbs go this year ...Ward or Jacobs...and Sproles may be a FA also...the draft is not that good this year...last year was the year to draft a rb...Johnson,Stewert,Mendenhall,Jones,Forte,Slayton...and not to aggravate Uncle Stan I didn't give a game by game rundown of Johnson and Talib all year...and lets not forget about signing an aging Dunn instead of Turner.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 24, 2009, 05:38:25 PM

Our backfield is a disaster.

And 4Bucs you said not Chris Johnson would play WR not RB.

So when you do your breakdown make sure it focuses on recieving stats.

Back to the point.

The RBs on this roster are either old or unreliable. At some point in the draft the Bucs need to look at HBs or maybe even address it via free agency.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 24, 2009, 05:45:47 PM

JG,

What's wrong with Storer?

I believe it was a torn ACL...

Actually Storer played fine in place of Askew, but then HE got injured. My thinking is maybe we need a 3rd FB considering Askews often injured tendancy. 2 active FBs and a youngster on the PS.

We certainly would have been better off with 3 FBs last year than 4 QBs.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 24, 2009, 06:06:42 PM

sunny d...read my posts ...I said we can use him at wr but also,rb,pr,and kr and that he was the fastest playmaker in the draft...the titans saw he was a multi faceted player with blazing speed and took him with the 23rd pick...and figured out later where to play him ...sorry genius but I was right on with that pick...who was your pick by the way notice I have no idea what you picked ...nor do I CARE...everybody on this board knows I was dead on with all the guys I PUSHED IN LAST YEARS DRAFT...i'm right so much people like you dig up old posts to try and make me look bad...last years draft I ROCKED and everybody on this board knows it ....but this year I'LL SIT BACK AND FOLLOW ALL YOUR WISE CHOICES.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 24, 2009, 06:08:36 PM

Think FB is okay.

RB is a quandary. We have nothing solid behind Graham. I would not want to rely on an aging Dunn and an injured Williams.

I think we need 2 more.

Both starters are coming off of devastating knee injuries the FB was hurt most of the year...it's a need spot.  Personally, I'd like to see us draft a RB.

Buc Wit Me

Starter

#27 : January 24, 2009, 06:52:21 PM

If knowshon was there at 19,i wouldnt mind taking him at all

Hopefully Graham stays healthy this year.

Dunn,isnt the anwser for us,jus a change of pace back(aging)

Knowshon can score anytime he touches the ball

I know we have other needs,but he is a steal at 19

were ok at FB

goonie4

Practice Squad

#28 : January 24, 2009, 06:58:14 PM

Its not as bad as some make it out to be!
Graham is a beast, but getting older
Dunn is still serviceable
Caddy cant stay healthy so who knows
Clifton needs work with fumbling, but i see him being a playmaker on offense eventually!
FB is good with Askew and Storer
Draft a RB in the 3-5 round range and see if he can help or bring a FA!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 24, 2009, 06:59:08 PM

Think FB is okay.

RB is a quandary. We have nothing solid behind Graham. I would not want to rely on an aging Dunn and an injured Williams.

I think we need 2 more.
Our RB situation is questionable at best. I do think we should look to improve it, but just not THIS year via draft. I'm a huge C.J Spiller fan and feel like he'd replace Dunn to be our home run threat. I don't see many home run hitters at the RB position in this draft, except Devin Moore from Wyoming. But, he could be a good 3rd round option pending the circumstance.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Realisticly. How good or bad is our RB situation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools