Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Wash a lock to stick around? « previous next »
Page: 1

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
: January 26, 2009, 01:23:34 PM

According to the New York Daily News, the Jets are talking to Robert Nunn, the recent DL coach for the Packers.

The article notes (it's linked at PFT) that the Bucs are also interested in Nunn.

He worked with Bates in Miami and in GB and stuck around after Bates left GB.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 26, 2009, 01:25:43 PM

Didn't the packers D-line struggle this year? espeicaly against the run?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 26, 2009, 01:29:46 PM

They did, but they also traded away arguable their second best DL (Corey Williams).

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 26, 2009, 01:31:02 PM

Wash didn't do as bad of job as many imply given he had to work with so many retreads/reclamation projects (Kevin Carter, Jovan Haye, Ryan Sims, Wilkerson, Hovan) and only one quality player (Gaines).  

If Wash is out for Nunn then I believe they would bring in some of the big bodies that will be available from the Packers because of their 3-4 conversion.

JC510

Practice Squad

#4 : January 26, 2009, 01:33:38 PM

Wash didn't do as bad of job as many imply given he had to work with so many retreads/reclamation projects (Kevin Carter, Jovan Haye, Ryan Sims, Wilkerson, Hovan) and only one quality player (Gaines). �

If Wash is out for Nunn then I believe they would bring in some of the big bodies that will be available from the Packers because of their 3-4 conversion.

Haye, White and Adams significantly regressed. Adams was looking good at the end of 2007, but sucked this year. When he's not busy getting back onsides after falling for the hard count he runs himself 15 yards upfield not even sniffing the QB.

Wash needs to be held accountable.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 26, 2009, 01:35:53 PM

I'm not saying Wash did a bad job.

I also don't think it takes Wash leaving for us to be interested in the Packer folks. Clearly they can't keep all/convert now that they've changed philosophies.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 26, 2009, 01:36:04 PM

Haye didn't regress as he came back to earth along with White.  Both are ordinary players, and they were simply just that.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 26, 2009, 01:38:27 PM

Wash didn't do as bad of job as many imply given he had to work with so many retreads/reclamation projects (Kevin Carter, Jovan Haye, Ryan Sims, Wilkerson, Hovan) and only one quality player (Gaines). �

[/quot]

Haye, White and Adams significantly regressed. Adams was looking good at the end of 2007, but sucked this year. When he's not busy getting back onsides after falling for the hard count he runs himself 15 yards upfield not even sniffing the QB.

Wash needs to be held accountable.

I'm not sure we know enough about Wash's role in 2007 when they all overachieved to make a definitive pronouncement on that front.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 26, 2009, 01:38:34 PM

Haye didn't regress as he came back to earth along with White. �Both are ordinary players, and they were simply just that.

Got that right. I had a feeling one of these players was going to decline in production this year. Didn't buy into the Haye hype kind of Wanted Shaun Rogers or Cory Williams here. Its not Greg white its G Stylez.

JC510

Practice Squad

#9 : January 26, 2009, 01:40:41 PM

Haye didn't regress as he came back to earth along with White.  Both are ordinary players, and they were simply just that.

Whats the excuse for Adams?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 26, 2009, 01:44:44 PM

Haye didn't regress as he came back to earth along with White. �Both are ordinary players, and they were simply just that.

Whats the excuse for Adams?

He is only quality player on the D-line.

It could be argued he didn't have as many sacks or tackles in games played compared to 2007.  But he had 2 Int's and 4 more passes defensed.

Monte used him more in zone blitzes, so who knows how he would have faired in a conventional fashion.  But I am leaning towards the idea he would be better suited at LDE.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Wash a lock to stick around? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools