Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No love for the defense on here? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

shutdabucup

Second String

#30 : October 16, 2006, 12:14:20 PM

Much love for the D they seemed to get some fire back and were gang tackling nicely.

Even though he was largely untouched, Palmer seemed to be hearing footsteps all day and threw out of panic a few times when he may not have needed to do so or throw so quickly.  

Don't get me wrong...glad he did.  But we have to wonder how that will be different this coming week with McNabb back there.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#31 : October 16, 2006, 01:25:05 PM

I would like to welcome the defense to the '06-'07 season. You're a little late but glad you could make it. Since you are tardy you will not have the time to ease into the season. You have to be in mid season form from here on out. Without you, we are a pathetic (though trying hard) team. With you, and I'm talking about the you from the last few years, we can be respectable. Welcome. Now get to work.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 16, 2006, 01:28:31 PM

I would like to welcome the defense to the '06-'07 season. You're a little late but glad you could make it. Since you are tardy you will not have the time to ease into the season. You have to be in mid season form from here on out. Without you, we are a pathetic (though trying hard) team. With you, and I'm talking about the you from the last few years, we can be respectable. Welcome. Now get to work.

Sweet...I totally agree...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

buckit

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 16, 2006, 02:32:19 PM

Thank you for doing your damn job.  Maybe if we beg you pretty please, you'll actually force a turnover before the end of the season...

Sorry, don't mean to rip our boys, but I think the gushing of  gratitude for merely playing decent D is a bit much.  IMO, they finally stepped up and did what they were paid to do.  Nothing extra.  Nice to see, though.  Props to Kiffen for making necessary adjustments.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 16, 2006, 02:57:39 PM

Thank you for doing your damn job. Maybe if we beg you pretty please, you'll actually force a turnover before the end of the season...

Sorry, don't mean to rip our boys, but I think the gushing of gratitude for merely playing decent D is a bit much. IMO, they finally stepped up and did what they were paid to do. Nothing extra. Nice to see, though. Props to Kiffen for making necessary adjustments.
Yeah but they did it versus Carson Palmer, TJ Whosyourmomma, Chad Johnson, and Rudi Johnson.  Not exactly playing the Jets here...(who have a better record, FWIW, than we do)

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 16, 2006, 03:09:07 PM

Yeah but they did it versus Carson Palmer, TJ Whosyourmomma, Chad Johnson, and Rudi Johnson. Not exactly playing the Jets here...(who have a better record, FWIW, than we do)

exaclty, that's what I'm saying. Give it up, let's not act like this is the 2002 defense here. It's 4 years later and the boys are getting older. They played against one of the best QB's in the league and made him look average. It's almost as if people want to ignore reality with this defense and hold them to the same Buc standards. If you do that you're going to be let down............

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 16, 2006, 03:09:50 PM

Yeah but they did it versus Carson Palmer, TJ Whosyourmomma, Chad Johnson, and Rudi Johnson. Not exactly playing the Jets here...(who have a better record, FWIW, than we do)

I don't think anyone is saying they didn't play well.  All we're saying is, "It's about damn time!"  I don't think that's being harsh on a group, supposedly, who critiques themselves more than any of us...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 16, 2006, 03:15:16 PM

I don't think anyone is saying they didn't play well.  All we're saying is, "It's about damn time!"  I don't think that's being harsh on a group, supposedly, who critiques themselves more than any of us...

It was in response to this post, Chev...
Thank you for doing your damn job. Maybe if we beg you pretty please, you'll actually force a turnover before the end of the season...

Sorry, don't mean to rip our boys, but I think the gushing of gratitude for merely playing decent D is a bit much. IMO, they finally stepped up and did what they were paid to do. Nothing extra. Nice to see, though. Props to Kiffen for making necessary adjustments.

I was one of the first to give Props to the defense, trust that.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 16, 2006, 03:18:05 PM

No problem Boid, but I'm with Buck it...that's what we expect from them.  I don't know about you but I used to expect a shut out from this defense at least once or twice a year...but now it's like we almost hope our team scores enough points...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 16, 2006, 03:23:02 PM

No problem Boid, but I'm with Buck it...that's what we expect from them.  I don't know about you but I used to expect a shut out from this defense at least once or twice a year...but now it's like we almost hope our team scores enough points...

And my direct response to all that is that we were playing a tremndous offense, with a high skill set.  The fact they scored 13 points, the Bucs got the W, is good enough for me, I could care less about the turnovers at that point.  I was merely praising the defense for finally showing up, for doing so against the best offense (on paper) they have faced all year, and "doing it big", irregardless of the turnover situation. 

We ALL expect the defense to carry the team, it is natural after a decade of dominance.  I think the defense will play better this year, they got their stuff together.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 16, 2006, 03:24:32 PM

exaclty, that's what I'm saying. Give it up, let's not act like this is the 2002 defense here. It's 4 years later and the boys are getting older. They played against one of the best QB's in the league and made him look average. It's almost as if people want to ignore reality with this defense and hold them to the same Buc standards. If you do that you're going to be let down............

I shower the Bucs defense with Kudos for good work on Monday.

It has been four games in the making, and versus a stout offense, they did well.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 16, 2006, 03:28:08 PM

And my direct response to all that is that we were playing a tremendous offense, with a high skill set. The fact they scored 13 points, the Bucs got the W, is good enough for me, I could care less about the turnovers at that point. I was merely praising the defense for finally showing up, for doing so against the best offense (on paper) they have faced all year, and "doing it big", irregardless of the turnover situation.

We ALL expect the defense to carry the team, it is natural after a decade of dominance. I think the defense will play better this year, they got their stuff together.

They've given us almost a decade of excellence.  But they've also crapped the bed 4 games 2 which they should have secured.  And would have back in the day.  Again, I'm not mad at them, but I'm not ready to give it up to them on one game.  They bring it like they should against the hated Eagles then I'm with you...I'll be more than glad to chalk it up to whatever...but if they crap the bed next week... [banghead]

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 16, 2006, 03:33:26 PM

They've given us almost a decade of excellence.  But they've also crapped the bed 4 games 2 which they should have secured.  And would have back in the day.  Again, I'm not mad at them, but I'm not ready to give it up to them on one game.  They bring it like they should against the hated Eagles then I'm with you...I'll be more than glad to chalk it up to whatever...but if they crap the bed next week... [banghead]

As long as they are tackling, they really aren't playing that bad.

As usual, it is generally up to the offense to score 20 or so points.  Vs. the Eagles, it is going to be a tough assignment.  They are as good as anyone right now.  They have a stout defense, and they play much more physically than the Bengholes do, that is for sure.  And McNabb is about the closest thing to an MVP you can get to right about now.

Once again, if they tackle well, the defense will play good enough.  Versus New Orleans, they didn't give up too many yards, but the tackling was gawd awful.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No love for the defense on here? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools