Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, FOX Pre-game reporting that the Bucs are engaged in a "Fire-sale"! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 15, 2006, 08:04:36 PM

KFFl is reporting 4 players on the block: Rice, Kelly Booger and PHILLIPS.

That's 4 starters on the defenxe.

Where are the replacements if the trades are all for draft choices?

Makes you wonder what's going on.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#31 : October 15, 2006, 08:09:07 PM

I would think Kelly would not be dealt, but remember the talk about his contract after Barber got his?   He sounded pretty insistent about more money right away.    Maybe there is something going on behind the scenes we don't know about.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 15, 2006, 08:09:30 PM

I think the most attractive Buc to another team would be Galloway, but I haven't seen anything written about him being on the block.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 15, 2006, 08:09:44 PM

I don't know who is being offered up, but did you see D. White playing more inside today?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#34 : October 15, 2006, 08:09:55 PM

Rice is worth a lot in a trade. He is still our best pass rusher, and it isn't all that obvious that a change in scenery wouldn't make him play better. At this point, it is the UT who is killing us which is Booger. Once again though, some team might buy into the Booger hype. Phillips stinks and he isn't going to net any value. Kelly is a good trade prospect and the fact that he didn't play today may not be because of turf toe. I'm just not sure about that.

We'll have to see.

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#35 : October 15, 2006, 08:15:27 PM

KFFl is reporting 4 players on the block: Rice, Kelly Booger and PHILLIPS.

That's 4 starters on the defenxe.

Where are the replacements if the trades are all for draft choices?

Makes you wonder what's going on.

Personally, I think what is going on is that it is unlikely that Carolina, New Orleans, and Atlanta will all come back to us to win the division and winning a WC is highly unlikely.   If that is true, it is time to allow some of the young guys...Wyms, Cox, White, and Allen, and really see what they can do.   Our next draft will probably be mostly on the Defensive side of the ball, and we need to make sure we have a good gauge on these guys.  

CHEAHLE

Starter
#36 : October 15, 2006, 08:46:55 PM

McFarland to Buffalo makes a lot of sense with their first round DT McCargo just went on IR.  We would get Nate Clements in return which would really bolster our secondary as well as add to our punt return game freeing up a roster spot while making Mark Jones expendable.  I don't think we can trade Kelly because I'm not sure he can pass a physical.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 15, 2006, 08:47:56 PM

McFarland to Buffalo makes a lot of sense with their first round DT McCargo just went on IR. We would get Nate Clements in return which would really bolster our secondary as well as add to our punt return game freeing up a roster spot while making Mark Jones expendable. I don't think we can trade Kelly because I'm not sure he can pass a physical.

McCargo was just a backup for Buffalo, but I guess that's all Booger is worth, anyway.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 15, 2006, 08:50:22 PM

I don't know who is being offered up, but did you see D. White playing more inside today?

And he made some noise in there.

Dalbuc, WTF are you talking about when you are ragging D.White?  The guy is a stud.  I don't getcha man.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 15, 2006, 09:52:16 PM

I don't want to trade Kelly.  I don't care if he does have turf toe.  He and Barber are great tandem...BTW.  I've been watching Sapp all night.  He made a few little plays...don't think we should try to get him.  Lynch is a different story.  He's still in good shape but I doubt he would come back here.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 16, 2006, 12:42:22 AM

Booger for an 8th rounder and Jerry Porter. ;)

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#41 : October 16, 2006, 02:41:30 AM

we need to do something, there are some slackers, i dont want to get rid of kelly, unless we get something better in return like clements,  we need a good safety, and some d line help

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#42 : October 16, 2006, 02:53:25 AM

I disagree with Simeon Not being effective. Watch every single game and don't tell me that the LT is not holding him and Simeon is not getting the call. There have been countless calls that Simeon's not getting. He's a demon, and a huge threat. I stand by my boy Rice to retire a Buc.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 16, 2006, 06:59:58 AM

White continuously makes splash plays and Rice continuosly steals his check by not performing at a high level, rarely showing up in the stat sheet let alone making game altering plays. trade him.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

LynchPin

Rookie

#44 : October 16, 2006, 08:10:47 AM

Here's a link to the article for those who are interested:
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6064244

I hate to say it folks, but this is a pretty clear indication that Allen and Gruden have given up on this season.  It's not something the fans want to hear, so it's not something they'll every say publicly, but the fact is the Bucs are 1-4 and 0-3 in the division.  They would have to go 9-2 the rest of the way to have a shot at the playoffs, and that with a rookie QB and the 20th ranked defense.  The cold reality is that that is not very likely, and so Allen is trying to get something for some players who may not be around next year anyway.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, FOX Pre-game reporting that the Bucs are engaged in a "Fire-sale"! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools