Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, FOX Pre-game reporting that the Bucs are engaged in a "Fire-sale"! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 16, 2006, 08:38:41 AM

Looks like Kelly has had some calls:

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBTP016CTE.html

Kelly, McFarland Linked To Rumors
Skip directly to the full story.
By KATHERINE SMITH

Published: Oct 16, 2006

TAMPA - While celebrating the Bucs' first win of the season, CB Brian Kelly got a couple of phone calls after the game - only they weren't congratulatory.

Kelly received several inquiries about a report that he was on the trading block. The ninth-year veteran's name appeared in a report by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer.

With Tuesday's trade deadline approaching, rumors are starting to run rampant.

"It is what it is," Kelly said. "I guess they've got two more days for speculation, so I'll let [the phone] ring."

Glazer also indicated DT Anthony McFarland could be traded.

"I've never responded to Web site rumors," Bucs GM Bruce Allen said. "We like our team. The reason we brought back our team is we like our team."

A week after he failed to show up on the stat sheet, McFarland, who alternated defensive series on Sunday with DT Ellis Wyms, finished with two tackles and one quarterback hurry.

Kelly watched Sunday's game from the sideline as he missed his third game of the year with a turf toe injury. He re-aggravated the injury in last week's loss to New Orleans.

"The decision was made after Friday's practice," Kelly said. "Hopefully [resting Sunday] will cure the situation."

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 16, 2006, 08:43:00 AM

"The decision was made after Friday's practice," Kelly said. "Hopefully [resting Sunday] will cure the situation."

I love Kelly's optimism but it looks grim.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 16, 2006, 08:50:58 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/lastcall?page=lastcall/week6

Pastabelly reports:

Coach Jon Gruden's tirade against his defensive linemen last week was essentially a signal to the rest of the league that even guys like end Simeon Rice and tackle Anthony McFarland are available via trade, if the price is right. The Bucs are calling around to see if anyone is interested in Brian Kelly, one of the most underrated cornerbacks in the league, too. And there are a few offensive linemen, as well, that the Bucs wouldn't mind dumping. Basically, they've hung out a big "For Sale" sign.

Note the comment about OL.  I still wonder if that had to do with Mahan's playing time yesterday.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 16, 2006, 09:05:12 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/lastcall?page=lastcall/week6

Pastabelly reports:

Coach Jon Gruden's tirade against his defensive linemen last week was essentially a signal to the rest of the league that even guys like end Simeon Rice and tackle Anthony McFarland are available via trade, if the price is right. The Bucs are calling around to see if anyone is interested in Brian Kelly, one of the most underrated cornerbacks in the league, too. And there are a few offensive linemen, as well, that the Bucs wouldn't mind dumping. Basically, they've hung out a big "For Sale" sign.

Note the comment about OL.  I still wonder if that had to do with Mahan's playing time yesterday.

It could be Mahan or Wade at this point.

BucsAddict

Starter

#49 : October 16, 2006, 09:41:17 AM

This months ESPN magazine had a scary statistic showing how Barber is being tested continously by QBS this season and giving up alot of yards and defensive pass interference calls. Maybe Trading BK isnt such a good idea?

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 16, 2006, 09:43:54 AM

This months ESPN magazine had a scary statistic showing how Barber is being tested continously by QBS this season and giving up alot of yards and defensive pass interference calls. Maybe Trading BK isnt such a good idea?

Barber is a system CB so when the system up front fails (D-line pressure) as being mentioned by many here Barber will look ordinary.  Kelly can excell beyond the system as he can play man to man far more effectively and is superior in coverage than Barber.  With that said Kelly's injury looks really, really, really bad and I do not think he would fare any better with the lack of D-line pressure.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 16, 2006, 09:51:51 AM

Sanders said on NFL Network that having Barber one-on-one (as did TJH for the TD catch) is a matchup that you really want.

BucsAddict

Starter

#52 : October 16, 2006, 10:28:14 AM

I agree with the system cb tag. Keep in mind Juran is on the otherside and they are still attacking Barber. They better upgrade the dline this offseason or its gonna get ooooglier

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#53 : October 16, 2006, 10:47:53 AM

Bolden is getting picked on quite a bit as well...  I imagine one of them with be a safety before long.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#54 : October 16, 2006, 10:55:25 AM

It could be Mahan or Wade at this point.

I'd prefer to keep Mahan over Wade as a more versatile player for the future, which is why I was in favor of trying to trade Wade to the Browns in the offseason.  However, for the same reasons Mahan will be much more attractive to potential suitors.  He might not be the greatest in our scheme, but I think he could be very successful in a zone block scheme.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#55 : October 16, 2006, 10:58:26 AM

Bolden is getting picked on quite a bit as well...  I imagine one of them with be a safety before long.

they picked on him yesterday, and he made some dumb mistakes on the field as well, Bolden seeems to dissappointment me week-in and week-out

bucshot224

Second String

#56 : October 16, 2006, 12:09:15 PM

Brian Kelly and a 4th for Clements, Booger for Doss straight up, Simeon for Jared Allen and a 4th. I'd take 'em all. With this series of trades, we just got a young corner in his prime, a very young safety who still needs a little bit of work, and a very young defensive end that can play inside and is on the verge of greatness in Jared Allen.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#57 : October 16, 2006, 12:15:20 PM

Clements is a free agent this off season.  That is why I doubt a team trades for him unless they work out a long term deal with him.  Not to mention why give up big money for a CB in this defensive system when the D-line is sub par?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#58 : October 16, 2006, 12:31:37 PM

Why did Mahan play so much yesterday?  Maybe it was mentioned on another thread, but was Buenning injured?  Or was he being showcased?

I think the plan is to get a decent pick for a premier player like Rice or Kelly.  Mahan has no trade value and he is a FA in a couple of months.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#59 : October 16, 2006, 12:34:02 PM

Wade has some (small) trade value, though.  Maybe the idea was to get Mahan some PT so he will be ready to take over for Wade next week?  Dunno, I'm reaching here.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow, FOX Pre-game reporting that the Bucs are engaged in a "Fire-sale"! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools