Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TJ Housh to Seattle? « previous next »
Page: 1

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
: January 26, 2009, 04:21:18 PM

Pro Football Weekly reports there is talk circulating that the Seahawks "could" have interest in impending free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

As a chain-moving possession threat who rarely drops passes, Housh would be a solid fit in Seattle's West Coast attack. Pro Football Weekly doesn't think the Seahawks will want to rely on youngsters Logan Payne, Courtney Taylor, and Ben Obomanu again. Payne and Obomanu are both coming off injury

I know alot on here wanted him as a FA pick up but many draft mocks had the Seahawks picking up Crabtree.

Do you think if Seattle jumps on TJ that they will overlook taking a WR in the draft and causing Crabtree to move maybe out of the top 10?

If Crabtree falls out of the top 10, should the Bucs look to trade up to get him?

Thoughts?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#1 : January 26, 2009, 04:24:05 PM

Even if they get TJ they could still want Crabtree.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#2 : January 26, 2009, 04:27:14 PM

Crabtree is not going to fall out of the top 10. Oakland at 7 is the absolute latest he will go. I do think that if the Seahawks were to sign a premier wideout in free agency that they would pass on Crabtree at #4 and go with one of the 4 tackles, and address WR at a later point, since there are ALOT of 3rd round type receivers this year.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 26, 2009, 04:31:46 PM

I also suspect that the Rams might grab a WR in the first this year but with the success of Avery and Holt, its debatable. The Raiders wasted a draft pick with McFadden and Russell but they will constantly pick Offense? Nah, this year I can see the Raiders working heavily on their Defense or Offensive Lines. If he falls out of the top 10 I would trade up to grab Crabtree. I think Crabtree and Bryant on the same field would be deadly in the deep passing game. Boldin would be better but I would deffinately enjoy seeing Crabtree in Pewter.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#4 : January 26, 2009, 04:34:06 PM

I also suspect that the Rams might grab a WR in the first this year but with the success of Avery and Holt, its debatable. The Raiders wasted a draft pick with McFadden and Russell but they will constantly pick Offense? Nah, this year I can see the Raiders working heavily on their Defense or Offensive Lines. If he falls out of the top 10 I would trade up to grab Crabtree. I think Crabtree and Bryant on the same field would be deadly in the deep passing game. Boldin would be better but I would deffinately enjoy seeing Crabtree in Pewter.

The team is better off looking to free agency for a #2 wideout and taking one of the millions of solid receivers in Round 3. Quite honestly I dont see much of a difference in Crabtree from BYU's Austin Collie outside of Crabtree getting more exposure and playing in a much more receiver friendly offense.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 26, 2009, 04:38:07 PM

The team is better off looking to free agency for a #2 wideout and taking one of the millions of solid receivers in Round 3. Quite honestly I dont see much of a difference in Crabtree from BYU's Austin Collie outside of Crabtree getting more exposure and playing in a much more receiver friendly offense.

Crabtree impressed me with his stunning display in the TT-U.Texas game during the season. The way he boxed out the CB and just simply walked into the endzone with very little time left showed me this kid is a straight baller and can change a game completely around. I would not say hes like Calvin Johnson or anything but he deffinately is a great athlete who would be a great addition to the offense. Just get us a guy to throw the ball deep and Bryant and Crabtree will be competiting each other for the stats. Plus those two on the field at the same time means they can open up the run alot more.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TJ Housh to Seattle? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools