Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's all thanks to us/It's all our fault... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

UnderwearGnome

Second String

#135 : January 27, 2009, 05:22:47 PM

You can only speculate by what you hear the media say. Also not every fan is smart enough to get Pewter Report as their primary buc news. So maybe it is Gruden and Allens fault for not kissing up to the media and giving them what they wanted to hear.

My criticism is baed on what I see with my own two eyes on Sunday afternoons! Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.  So I guess they were only half as medicore as they appeared ?

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#136 : January 27, 2009, 05:27:42 PM

You can only speculate by what you hear the media say. Also not every fan is smart enough to get Pewter Report as their primary buc news. So maybe it is Gruden and Allens fault for not kissing up to the media and giving them what they wanted to hear.

My criticism is baed on what I see with my own two eyes on Sunday afternoons! Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see. So I guess they were only half as medicore as they appeared ?

We werent that bad until the 9-3 skid. Which you can def blame on Gruden and Allen. All im saying is that the media didnt help the fans back Gruden 100%. I def think it was time for gruden to go because the fans need to start cheering again and back their team no matter who is running it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#137 : January 27, 2009, 07:08:48 PM

When you read what the Glazers have said about building through the draft it becomes clear until the level of talent on this team increases there is really no need to mortgage the future for the now, just to be where they have finished the last few seasons
When one reads what the Glazers say - it is clear real estate is their area of comfort.  There commentary is contrived when talking about the team, and their actions are reactions to circumstance rather than planning for the future and being involved enough to even understand the process.   JMVHO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#138 : January 29, 2009, 02:02:44 PM

Thats all Bullsh!t if it was about the fans they would have SPENT SOME MONEY, and certainly not make the DB coach the Head Coach right off the bat... Its about them and wanting a clean slate for the new owners when they sell...

You do realize that they're paying Gruden and Allen AND Morris and Dominik, right?

Right. since they "fired" them, instead of them "walking out", they have to pay up regardless if they coach or not. Now that they have a new HC and GM they have to pay them as well. If anything, this is an indication that they do indeed have money in pocket. Otherwise, they would've waited for the rest of Gru's contract to be up. That would've been the "cheaper" route imo.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's all thanks to us/It's all our fault... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools