Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's all thanks to us/It's all our fault... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#15 : January 26, 2009, 05:26:39 PM

No doubt that negative fan reaction played a part. But what is important is:

"Glazer said they're willing to spend what it takes to get the team back into the league's elite."

Let's hope that proves true.

what a crock of bs that is.  you buy that DanTurksGhost?  They hired a rookie head coach with Bill Cowher sitting out there and they are willing to spend WHATEVER it takes?  LoooooooooooooooooooL

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 26, 2009, 05:31:54 PM

What is the obsession with Bill Cowher? He has won just as many Superbowls as lost. Plus he had 15 years in a city that absolutely loves their football and never took as much crap for botching picks.

Lets face it, Tampa's media manipulates the fans in that general area to believe what they want them to. The Bucs fans need to go through a little bit of Fanbase Training with teams like Washington,Pittsburgh,Cleveland, even Philly for god's sake.

Saddest part about all of this is that some people refuse to support their team with a new change because the old coach is gone and they just want to bury their head in the sand and call it a season before even FA/Draft starts.

Well I for one am not going to fall into the trap that people on here are selling. I will rep my colors til I die and always root for the Bucs to win. Theres a difference between Fans and "fans" and Tampa needs to purge themselves of the trolls and half hearts. Being a diehard is what being an NFL Fan is all about.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 26, 2009, 05:36:28 PM

Hah - now that it becomes obvious that there really wasn't a plan - just a lot of coaches that nobody else wanted - Joel blames this fiasco on us - awesome Joel!

Lets see if Joel's words and deeds match, this time - so far he's he's behind in the count.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 26, 2009, 05:37:35 PM

The notion that "loyal" fans don't want their coaches fired is silly. I've got about 50 Bills fans as my test subjects since they infest my bar every weekend. They're as nutso, loyal and crazy as it gets. They play the flippin' Bills theme song after every score - on a boombox they bring to the bar. They hate Jauron and want him fired.

Washington, lived there, has little patience with failure by the Deadskins. Zorn is already on a short leash.

CLE, oh please, they've been howling for Romeo for over a year now.

PHL and PIT are more stable because their coaches are more successful consistently. You get a couple of bad years back to back in PIT and PHL and you'll see the knives come out there too.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 26, 2009, 05:39:52 PM

But what if Bill Cowher said he didn't want to coach this year -- like he told at least 3 other teams? It's their team, the Glazers can do what they want. When the Glazers said the fans are the ones that come to the stadium and who watch on TV, he meant the stadium wasn't getting full and people weren't supporting the team financially like in the past. They're businessmen, this was a business decision.

#20 : January 26, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

That cheapass Gruden just wasn't willing to spend the money so he's out of here. Yeah, I buy that...

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#21 : January 26, 2009, 05:46:25 PM

What is the obsession with Bill Cowher? He has won just as many Superbowls as lost. Plus he had 15 years in a city that absolutely loves their football and never took as much crap for botching picks.

hmm...maybe the fact that he has a record of 150-90, including 10 trips to the playoffs in 15 years with the team and some of those were before the wildcard...8 of those trips were courtesy of division title.  so he basically wins the division every other year(just like Gruden lol).  Cowher won 8 out of 15 times Gruden had 5 out of 11.  The previous 7 years before Cowher they only made it to the playoffs one time.  does that explain why people would rather have him than a rookie if you are going to can a guy that has 5 division titles and a superbowl to his name?  Im just saying.

and i totally support Raheem...i think he's great, just not sure if we made an imporvement over Jon Gruden with his hire.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#22 : January 26, 2009, 05:48:23 PM

When the Glazers said the fans are the ones that come to the stadium and who watch on TV, he meant the stadium wasn't getting full and people weren't supporting the team financially like in the past. They're businessmen, this was a business decision.

ummmm....the Bucs have had successive sellouts to all of their homegames dating back to the '90s so that is a ridiculous argument. 

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#23 : January 26, 2009, 05:55:21 PM

Hah - now that it becomes obvious that there really wasn't a plan - just a lot of coaches that nobody else wanted - Joel blames this fiasco on us - awesome Joel!

Lets see if Joel's words and deeds match, this time - so far he's he's behind in the count.

well put....no plan whatsoever, and they say we are not rebuilding?  i don't think they really know what they are doing, or care i should say,  as far as building a good football team.  they certainly know business and the making money side of it but its obvious they fired Gruden to make more money.  If they really just want to win as they said where in the hell were the free agents that we could have got to put us over the top with Gruden here.  The Glazers blew it, we had a good thing going with Jon if they only would have bought a decent pass rush this past off-season the whole rest of the team would have played so much better its not even funny.

#24 : January 26, 2009, 05:56:44 PM

Its a sad truth in the NFL that head coaches can be fired because of fan reaction, very sad

Cowher was almost ran out of town by fans in 2003

Holmgren was almost ran out of Seattle BEFORE he brought them to the Super Bowl

Mike Shanahan was finally run oiut of town after years of fan backlash

emotional, soap opera football fans who are irrational and dont have the credentials to support their wild accusations can band together and get a good coach fired. Im not mad at the Glazers, I am mad at the NFL for making this common practice

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 26, 2009, 05:59:49 PM

When the Glazers said the fans are the ones that come to the stadium and who watch on TV, he meant the stadium wasn't getting full and people weren't supporting the team financially like in the past. They're businessmen, this was a business decision.

ummmm....the Bucs have had successive sellouts to all of their homegames dating back to the '90s so that is a ridiculous argument.
Have you been to the stadium and seen the empty seats? Fans were not renewing their season tix and you could buy them day of game outside for less than face value. And the selling of gear has fallen off as well,

The trend was there for the Glazers to act.  I am not sure why everyone is surprised by what has been said in that article.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#26 : January 26, 2009, 06:01:09 PM

Have you been to the stadium and seen the empty seats? Fans were not renewing their season tix and you could buy them day of game outside for less than face value. And the selling of gear has fallen off as well,

every game is still a sell-out and will continue to be....supply and demand factor, every year there's a certain number of seats while the population continues to grow around here.  this is a football town, Florida is huge on highschool and college football thus making Tampa a huge football town, Bucs will continue to sell-out until we become the Lions/Raiders of the past few years.  With Gruden at least you know we will be in it practically every year, with Raheem its a big gamble.  It could turn out extremely well like Tomlins tenure has, or he could pull the Callahan and inherit a team that has been successful under Gruden and get it to do diddly squat with.  Im rooting for the Tomlin route!

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 26, 2009, 06:02:27 PM

Did I miss the pitchforks and fire at OBP?? Such silly, silly posters. The Glazers just said "Oh, the fans don't like Jon? Well, let's get rid of the little man!" You guys are a riot! It's costing them a boatload of money. They must have thought it was necessary.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#28 : January 26, 2009, 06:03:47 PM

What's Glazer going to say? Were not going to spend the money to be a winner!

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#29 : January 26, 2009, 06:03:58 PM

Its a sad truth in the NFL that head coaches can be fired because of fan reaction, very sad

Cowher was almost ran out of town by fans in 2003

Holmgren was almost ran out of Seattle BEFORE he brought them to the Super Bowl

Mike Shanahan was finally run oiut of town after years of fan backlash

emotional, soap opera football fans who are irrational and dont have the credentials to support their wild accusations can band together and get a good coach fired. Im not mad at the Glazers, I am mad at the NFL for making this common practice

Word!  Its amazing how a few plays can change a season's outcome and eventually altering somebody's career.  One single made/dropped catch or pass or tackle can really make a huge difference in some coaches career....kinda crazy!
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's all thanks to us/It's all our fault... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools