Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's all thanks to us/It's all our fault... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 26, 2009, 06:10:29 PM

What's Glazer going to say? Were not going to spend the money to be a winner!

They said they want to focus on the draft.

If you disagree with that I understand, but that is the direction they want to take.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 26, 2009, 06:13:36 PM

The Glazers are businessmen and fans are the customers.  Successful businessmen listen to their customers or they aren't successful for long.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#32 : January 26, 2009, 06:18:24 PM

The Glazers are businessmen and fans are the customers.  Successful businessmen listen to their customers or they aren't successful for long.

exactly.  That's what sucks...id rather have a good team and pissed off fans than be the Raiders fans who love their new coaches until the 2nd week of the season.  Yay we got a new coach!  Now i wonder if he can coach?

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#33 : January 26, 2009, 06:19:08 PM

The Glazers are businessmen and fans are the customers.  Successful businessmen listen to their customers or they aren't successful for long.
Well said... Gruden's team collapsed and had yet another miserable December. The owners HAVE to look at that and the fact that season tickets might be sitting unsold.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#34 : January 26, 2009, 06:19:58 PM

exactly.  That's what sucks...id rather have a good team and pissed off fans than be the Raiders fans who love their new coaches until the 2nd week of the season.  Yay we got a new coach!  Now i wonder if he can coach?
But since the superbowl we have had ONE convincingly good season which ended in a 1 and done.. the others have been average and horrible. We weren't that good.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 26, 2009, 06:26:35 PM

Well said... Gruden's team collapsed and had yet another miserable December. The owners HAVE to look at that and the fact that season tickets might be sitting unsold.

How can you respect someone who makes a decision then syas you did it?  You helped make that decision?  Especially of this magnatude?  This is sooo stupid it's funny...I got nothing for these schmucks! How you gonna run a multimillion dollar corporation and take the word of some disgruntled fans...Yeah (Al "Jumpsuit wearing" Davis Jr.) is listening to us....

ROFLMBAO, keep believing that one...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#36 : January 26, 2009, 06:29:16 PM

i agree with that Paul......but i was of the school of thought that credited are atrocious salary cap and loss of draft picks to those bad years after the superbowl(where we still at least competed all but 1 year where teams like the Lions/Cards/Browns/49ers/Raiders sucked every year with about the same talent level as we had) and I saw huge improvement especially in offense the last 2 years....we moved the ball great, redzone not great but I liked the direction we were going w/ Gruden as long as we got some real talent especially a qb.  Does the changing of the guard to Raheem change who we have playing qb and wr's?  Bryant is a beast but if it's Garcia or Griese out there again do you really think the offense will be any better?  I just don't see an improvement from a guy that has 5 division titles to Raheem.  The media is so biased against Gruden its not even funny, of course the fans don't like him.  They ran Dungy out of town as well.  LOL.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 26, 2009, 06:30:12 PM

The Glazers are businessmen and fans are the customers. Successful businessmen listen to their customers or they aren't successful for long.

How can you respect someone who makes a decision then syas you did it? You helped make that decision? Especially of this magnatude? This is sooo stupid it's funny...I got nothing for these schmucks! How you gonna run a multimillion dollar corporation and take the word of some disgruntled fans...Yeah (Al "Jumpsuit wearing" Davis Jr.) is listening to us....

Do you ever wonder why New Coke isn't on the market anymore?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 26, 2009, 06:30:50 PM

Sometimes posters on this forum take things to such extremes it is mind-boggling.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 26, 2009, 06:34:27 PM

The Glazers are businessmen and fans are the customers. Successful businessmen listen to their customers or they aren't successful for long.

How can you respect someone who makes a decision then syas you did it? You helped make that decision? Especially of this magnatude? This is sooo stupid it's funny...I got nothing for these schmucks! How you gonna run a multimillion dollar corporation and take the word of some disgruntled fans...Yeah (Al "Jumpsuit wearing" Davis Jr.) is listening to us....

Brad while we rarely agree, I totally enjoy the banter, and I respect what you have to say.  But New Coke and the Bucs have NOTHING in common.  Dude there's no way you rationalize this, at least not for me.  Now you may want to go on to explain that to someone who feels the same as you and they'll...drink it up...I'll pass thanks... ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 26, 2009, 06:37:22 PM

Brad while we rarely agree, I totally enjoy the banter, and I respect what you have to say.  But New Coke and the Bucs have NOTHING in common.  Dude there's no way you rationalize this, at least not for me.  Now you may want to go on to explain that to someone who feels the same as you and they'll...drink it up...I'll pass thanks... ;D

How about I put a little Jim Beam in it first?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 26, 2009, 06:39:16 PM

Agree with DTG. Fans were "a factor" and yet in this post it's turned into the fans being the only factor.

Look, if Gruden and the players had taken care of business, that fan factor would have been a positive not a negative.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 26, 2009, 06:42:57 PM

Agree with DTG. Fans were "a factor" and yet in this post it's turned into the fans being the only factor.

Look, if Gruden and the players had taken care of business, that fan factor would have been a positive not a negative.

People complain about the owners not listening to their paying customers, they complain about not having a voice, they talk about boycotting games unless a change is made, the talk about canceling their season tickets, they pop off about "voting with their dollars" and on and on... then when the owners say "hey, we listened to the community a little bit and understood their disappointment and frustration" and now it's a BAD thing?

I don't get it.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#43 : January 26, 2009, 06:43:32 PM

how much did Gruden play a factor in teams scoring in the high 30s against us in 3 out of the last 4 of our "meltdown"  so Gruden got fired because his team didnt score 40 points in any of those 3.  Atlanta was on Jon in my opinion, should have started McCown and thats one of his flaws, but he still got it done in my opinion.  He put his team in a situation where destiny was in their hands....up 10 at home in the 4th quarter with playoffs on the line.  Didhe need to get them anymore pumped up or something?  I don't see how you couldnt be.....players blew it, simple as that.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#44 : January 26, 2009, 06:44:41 PM

People complain about the owners not listening to their paying customers, they complain about not having a voice, they talk about boycotting games unless a change is made, the talk about canceling their season tickets, they pop off about "voting with their dollars" and on and on... then when the owners say "hey, we listened to the community a little bit and understood their disappointment and frustration" and now it's a BAD thing?

I don't get it.

so these are the same people saying these things DTG?  I don't get it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's all thanks to us/It's all our fault... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools