Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vince Young Available?? « previous next »
Page: 1

tenfive

Starter

« : January 27, 2009, 08:35:22 AM »

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090118/SPORTS01/90118001/1027                  Status report: Collins’ contract is set to expire next month and his offensive teammates want the Titans to re-sign him. Vince Young remains under contract, but no longer has the backing of many teammates. No. 3 quarterback Chris Simms made great strides in his recovery from a spleen injury, but his contract is up too.

>> What Titans should do: Re-sign Collins as soon as possible, name him the starter, and then see what kind of commitment and attitude Young shows. If the Titans can somehow persuade Chris Simms to come back to see how things play out, he's worth re-signing

Seems like the Titans want to move Young, Fisher just named Collins his starter for next year, Young counts $4.6 million against the Titans cap next year and is signed through 2011, if we could get him for a 2nd it could work out for both teams since Young wont start for them and may need a change of scene to become productive.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 27, 2009, 09:27:05 AM »

Why would we want him? I thought he was a major reach when the Titans drafted him. I hate to say 'bust', but his NFL resume right now ain't too impressive.
    Running college QB's just don't typically develop into solid NFL QB's. Roger Staubach was one of the few, and he didn't begin his NFL career until age 27. He did seem to have decent not great passing skills in college, just not much utilized. His running and scrambling at Navy was his bread n' butter.

http://www.collegefootball.org/famersearch.php?id=60012

DailyRich68

Starter
« #2 : January 27, 2009, 09:57:37 AM »

Why are people so eager to talk about QBs like Vick and Young?  Didn't we just spend the last two months complaining about a QB who's too eager to pull the ball down and scramble?  And now we want to bring in a younger version of the same thing?

Give me a classic drop-back passer who's got some mobility to avoid pressure.

Buc Wit Me

Starter

« #3 : January 27, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »

ill pass on Young...and yes he might just be a "BUST"

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 27, 2009, 12:29:39 PM »

ill pass on Young...and yes he might just be a "BUST"

"might?"

Yes, lost his job to a "old" guy because of bad play, and was talking about killing himself, but we still have to sign him.....

::Sigh:: ...Must be nice to be a Colts or Pats fan this time of year... they wouldn't be subjigated to this.  ::)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 27, 2009, 12:32:30 PM »

maybe as a slot receiver, and at an absolute bargain, but not behind center, no thanks
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vince Young Available?? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools