Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colt Brennen anyone? « previous next »
Page: 1

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
« : January 27, 2009, 11:32:46 AM »

First off I am a Josh Johnson fan and feel he should be the clubhouse leader so far for the starting QB next year barring a big FA signing. But should we be looking to grab a QB to compete with him what do you guys think of Colt Brennen? What do you feel it would cost to land him?

I wouldnt be opposed to giving up a 3rd round pick for him. That would mean he and Josh Johnson go at it for the starter job. 2 quality youngsters. Brennen is better imo than freeman and below in this draft class.

CAROLINABUC

Starter

« #1 : January 27, 2009, 11:38:46 AM »

I agree with you about Josh Johnson. But I think we will resign Luke and keep Greise seens he doesnt complain about not starting and we will probably draft one in th 4 th or 5 th rd

Losing is not a option

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 27, 2009, 11:41:32 AM »

I think if the team wanted Brennan, they could have had him for a whole lot less than a third round pick last year.  You know, back when the team had an offense that sort-of-kind-of actually matched his skillset.  Brennan has NOT shown so much to have improved his stock that dramatically from last offseaosn.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 27, 2009, 11:43:23 AM »

He's not going anywhere - the Skins are high on him, and have a big ? on Campbell.

Buc Wit Me

Starter

« #4 : January 27, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »

yeah the redskins are all over that guy..there not entertaining any offers for him

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 27, 2009, 02:47:36 PM »

he is great in madden!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 27, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »

Brennan was surprisingly good in PS last year.  I imagine the Skins keep a tight grip on him until Campbell has a solid season.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 27, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »

Washington Redskins, a team that is just like us in the past 20 years searching for their "Franchise" QB for that decade. I will pass on any Deadskin QBs. Rather have JJ start the season then Colt.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 27, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »

Washington Redskins, a team that is just like us in the past 20 years searching for their "Franchise" QB for that decade. I will pass on any Deadskin QBs. Rather have JJ start the season then Colt.

if thats true then you need a little book called football for dummies.

id rather put shawn king back in a uni than  have josh johnson out there calling plays.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 27, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »

JJ might have a shot at starting this year...

at WR

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 27, 2009, 03:15:25 PM »

id rather put shaun king back in a uni than have josh johnson out there calling plays.

When the hell did Shaun King enter the discussion? It was between Josh or Colt and I am not high on Colt's pass happy career at Hawaii. And the Redskins have gone threw just as many coaches and QBs in the 1990 and 2000s. Josh Johnson is an unknown because you do not know what he is going to do in a game that actually matters. Its easy to say a guy isnt ready to play based off of practice but if you are being told you wont start at all in the season then why even bother practicing hard? The fact that Dre Moore was a redshirt and planned to be one shows that the Bucs are more about grooming players and seeing how they do after some conditioning rather then giving them the chance to play in a regular game.

VA_Buc30

Starter

« #11 : January 27, 2009, 03:31:16 PM »

id rather put shaun king back in a uni than have josh johnson out there calling plays.

Its easy to say a guy isnt ready to play based off of practice but if you are being told you wont start at all in the season then why even bother practicing hard?

Why bother practicing hard?  Did you really type that? 

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colt Brennen anyone? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools