Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Bucs will be Drafting a First Round QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
: January 27, 2009, 02:56:52 PM

To get fans in the seats, this team needs excitement on the offense...

As of right now, there isn't a face of the franchise on the offensive side of the ball.  Cadillac and Clayton were suppose to carry that title but they haven't lived up to. We have a great young core of big uglies on the o-line but they don't create excitement. 

Talib, Rudd, Adams, and T-Jack are all good or may be great one day but they don't sell tickets.

That is why the Glazers may urge the team to draft a QB.  It may help sell tickets.  And the Glazers do pay those coaches/GM salaries.

This is just my theory. 

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

botosnipa

Rookie

#1 : January 27, 2009, 02:59:44 PM

I do agree with the theory, however at pick #19, the best QB we can draft is probably going to be Josh Freeman from KSU.  And I don't think enough people are going to be excited, let alone know the kid, to fill up the stadium.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 27, 2009, 03:00:23 PM

Why the Bucs will be Drafting a First Round QB

A year too early bud. 2010 will be the Year of the QB's. Tebow/McCoy/Bradford.

This year is nothing great or special. I'll pass. If we can win 9 games with Griese and Jeffy, we need to juice up the D and other spots at O this year. QB is not high on my list this year.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 27, 2009, 03:01:40 PM

Wait until 2010.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 27, 2009, 03:02:11 PM

It wouldn't shock me, but this isn't the year to do it.  Would rather pick up a DL or LOT stud.

#5 : January 27, 2009, 03:14:42 PM

Good Reasons... for a "star" player, whatever the means.

This thread brings out the point that I have yet to understand...

For those saying wait until 2010 draft... ok.   How exactly is that going to work?

If McCoy, Bradford, Tebow are all out there, we are going to have to either tank this season this year or trade up huge just to get a shot
at any of them...    I personally don't like either option.

That doesn't mean I have the answer otherwise though...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 27, 2009, 03:16:19 PM

For those saying wait until 2010 draft... ok. How exactly is that going to work?

If McCoy, Bradford, Tebow are all out there, we are going to have to either tank this season this year or trade up huge just to get a shot
at any of them... I personally don't like either option.

I have no problem with trading up for a QB

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 27, 2009, 03:19:04 PM

For those saying wait until 2010 draft... ok. How exactly is that going to work?

at any of them... I personally don't like either option.

I have no problem with trading up for a QB
+1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 27, 2009, 03:23:12 PM

Well, let's just say that the QB class of 2010 looks better than the QB class of 2009.

#9 : January 27, 2009, 03:30:40 PM

I understand that...

and I agree that if they think there is a guy, trade up a 1, 2 and 3 to get there (that's what it'll take or more)

I just don't currently see how the bucs would do it...

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 27, 2009, 03:31:27 PM

excitement =  If Sanchez falls, we could move up to take him Or Freeman

But yes, it does seem like next year is a better year for QB's.  

But QB may equal more money this year.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

donny77

Starter

#11 : January 27, 2009, 03:33:38 PM

It looks better today.  What if Bradford has a crappy year with more INTs than TDs.  Then Tebow gets hurt.  McCoy only has an average year.  Now what?  A lot can happen in a year.  It is not unprecedented for a projected top pick to have a bad senior year.  Plus, next year Morris won't get the leeway he is going to get this year.  Like it or not this year is the year for the Bucs to address QB.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#12 : January 27, 2009, 03:38:19 PM

I would say be patient young grasshopper, wait for 2010, the year of quarterback. Waaaa Kung pow!!!

RIP Mr. Miagi

RAHEEM09'
Change we can believe in!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 27, 2009, 03:39:33 PM

I am not a fan of the 2009 QB draft class, but I think 2010 QB draft class will be just as bad.

Buc31

Starter

#14 : January 27, 2009, 03:59:38 PM

Well, let's just say that the QB class of 2010 looks better than the QB class of 2009.

Doesn't matter how the class looks, its who can take their game to the next level.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Bucs will be Drafting a First Round QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools