Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rosenfels to the Vikes? « previous next »
Page: 1

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: February 23, 2009, 05:59:12 PM

The Vikes might be in the same boat we are where they are looking for 2 QB's. Gus isn't back and Tavaris might be relegated to the deep bench - unless they give Sage a new deal they might be looking at him as quality depth.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 23, 2009, 06:26:39 PM

The Texans will regret that trade when Porcelain Matt Schaub goes down by Week 5...

I still don't know how that guy got such a big contract.

#2 : February 23, 2009, 06:39:05 PM

The Texans will regret that trade when Porcelain Matt Schaub goes down by Week 5...

I agree.

I could see moving him for a decent pick... but for a 4th, i'd keep him around.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 23, 2009, 04:39:39 PM

The Vikings are fools.  They are a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender, with a solid defense and superior running game already in place.  And they think that Sage Rosenfels, the QB who on multiple occasions single-handedly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, is the answer? 

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#4 : February 23, 2009, 09:13:00 PM

The Vikings are fools. They are a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender, with a solid defense and superior running game already in place. And they think that Sage Rosenfels, the QB who on multiple occasions single-handedly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, is the answer?

Who could forget this classic....

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 23, 2009, 08:56:41 PM

Good news for the Vikes

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Q

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 23, 2009, 01:28:25 PM

Now who will save the Texans when Matty S. goes down...as he always does with them.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 23, 2009, 01:26:02 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Sage Rosenfels-QB- Texans Feb. 23 - 1:22 pm et

The Houston Chronicle reports that the Vikings are on the verge of acquiring Sage Rosenfels from the Texans in exchange for an undisclosed draft pick.

This trade was nearly made last year, but Houston balked when the Vikes offered only a third-round choice. The Texans wanted a second-rounder. Rosenfels, 31 in March, would immediately become the favorite to start in Minnesota if the deal is completed. The aggressive passer is considered a strong fit for the West Coast offense coach Brad Childress runs.
Source: Houston Chronicle
Related: Vikings

#8 : February 23, 2009, 02:28:00 PM

i liked him until I saw his meltdown last year. It was not pretty.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 23, 2009, 02:43:42 PM

4th rounder

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Sage Rosenfels-QB- Texans Feb. 23 - 2:26 pm et

SportsRadio 610 in Houston has joined the Houston Chronicle in reporting that a Sage Rosenfels trade to Minnesota is imminent.

The Texans' website already has information up about the potential trade, though an official announcement can't be made until the Feb. 27 free agency/trading period. The Vikings are set to surrender only a fourth-round pick. Rosenfels is turning 31, but that's still relatively young for a QB. The Vikes will likely also give him an extension. Rosenfels is in a contract year.
Source: houstontexans.com
Related: Vikings

Orangegone1

Starter

#10 : February 23, 2009, 06:55:57 PM

The Vikings are fools. They are a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender, with a solid defense and superior running game already in place. And they think that Sage Rosenfels, the QB who on multiple occasions single-handedly snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, is the answer?

I was thinking the exact same thing about the Vikes. They are a good QB away from being a SB team. Trade your 1st and 2nd round picks or do something to get an experienced QB.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 23, 2009, 06:50:44 PM

Matt Schaub is pretty nice when he sticks around, but I agree they'd be silly to give up on Sage for a 4. Then again, he's got a little Griese in him (Sage)... nice stats, decent physical tools, etc, etc, but he may simply be too erratic for Kubiac. As for the Vikings, I agree with Hugh, with all the talent they've amassed they continue gaffing off the QB position. PFT always bangs on Childress as a coach doomed to mediocrity; if they don't get a real solution to their QB problems after last year I'll have to start agreeing with them.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 23, 2009, 07:46:01 PM

Bad news for Garcia.

mdarby

Rookie
#13 : February 23, 2009, 01:44:18 PM

I have always thought we should make a play for Rosenfels.  He is a much better player than Greise and would provide a great competition for Luke for a relatively low cost.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rosenfels to the Vikes? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools