Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Hire Coyer « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#60 : January 18, 2007, 06:08:21 PM

Everyone was excited about the hire of Paul Hackett a time back, and there have been people over his tenure here who wanted him fired.

What's wrong with Hackett? He's done a good job here.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#61 : January 18, 2007, 06:12:57 PM

Everyone was excited about the hire of Paul Hackett a time back, and there have been people over his tenure here who wanted him fired.

What's wrong with Hackett? He's done a good job here.
I agree...I don't see why Hackett catches so much flack here.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#62 : January 18, 2007, 06:16:45 PM

I agree...I don't see why Hackett catches so much flack here.

He fixed the problem Simms had with mishandling snaps, and he's brought a lot of QB coaching experience here. If he leaves, I'd have to imagine it is because Jon has a lot of respect for him and wants to let him move up to a higher position.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#63 : January 18, 2007, 06:24:54 PM

With Coyer being hired as DL/Assistant HC, does that mean I guess that Art Valero no longer carries the additional title of Assistant HC along with his RB duties?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#64 : January 18, 2007, 06:26:00 PM

With Coyer being hired as DL/Assistant HC, does that mean I guess that Art Valero no longer carries the additional title of Assistant HC along with his RB duties?

My assumption was that we would have an OAHC and a DAHC

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#65 : January 18, 2007, 06:29:02 PM

I'm pretty sure we always just had one AHC.  I think it was Herm Edwards during most of Dungy's time.  It was Marinelli during Gruden's tenure so far with Valero taking the title last year when Rod left for Detroit.  I'm pretty sure there has only been one Assistant HC, whether they happen to be an offensive or defensive coach.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#66 : January 18, 2007, 06:30:46 PM

I'm pretty sure we always just had one AHC. I think it was Herm Edwards during most of Dungy's time. It was Marinelli during Gruden's tenure so far with Valero taking the title last year when Rod left for Detroit. I'm pretty sure there has only been one Assistant HC, whether they happen to be an offensive or defensive coach.

That definitely might be the case.  In any event, I wouldn't mind Valero getting his title stripped based on the run game performance last year.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#67 : January 18, 2007, 06:32:12 PM

I'm sure Scott or Jim will be able to clear it up later on.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#68 : January 18, 2007, 06:34:09 PM

I'm sure Scott or Jim will be able to clear it up later on.

Honestly I was hoping we could use that AHC title to lure a top OL guy like Houck.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#69 : January 18, 2007, 06:36:49 PM

Damn! Great signing and I have to admit, THE most positive thread I have ever seen here! Things are looking up!!!!!!!!

Baghead #2

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#70 : January 18, 2007, 06:38:41 PM

I'm pretty sure we always just had one AHC. I think it was Herm Edwards during most of Dungy's time. It was Marinelli during Gruden's tenure so far with Valero taking the title last year when Rod left for Detroit. I'm pretty sure there has only been one Assistant HC, whether they happen to be an offensive or defensive coach.
Unless of course you are the Redskins....then you have an AHC on offense and defense.

#71 : January 18, 2007, 06:48:44 PM

Unless of course you are the Redskins....then you have an AHC on offense and defense.

Williams & Bugle ?

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#72 : January 18, 2007, 06:50:08 PM

Williams & Bugle ?
Williams and Saunders

#73 : January 18, 2007, 06:53:20 PM

I thought Saunders was 'associate HCO'..........lol, they really had to throw some titles out there didn't they ?

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#74 : January 18, 2007, 07:06:33 PM

Something that really stood out to me whenever I watched Denver's defensive line under Coyer was how well they stunted. Remember how many line stunts we used to do when Sapp was a Buc, and how effective they used to be? I wonder if that is something that help this line again.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Hire Coyer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools