Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chidi: Morris a 'scary pick' as head coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Pick6

Hall of Famer
: January 28, 2009, 11:10:19 PM

wasn't morris like 27 or 28 and in his first couple of years of coaching when chidi was last on the team? he may be right, he may be wrong, but your talking about a guy whose number of years coaching has at least tripled since he worked with him...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 28, 2009, 11:51:42 PM

Tripling 1 is still only 3.   

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 28, 2009, 10:52:46 PM

Actually Gruden had put in some solid work as an offensive coordinator and had much more experience than Morris before he was given a head coaching position.   Gruden moved up fast for sure, but Morris' sky rocket to the top seems a little ridiculous.

#3 : January 28, 2009, 10:50:26 PM

I just listened to Sapp on with JT the brick and he had an interesting interivew as usual. He said "I love Gruden but when you constantly go around telling all your players I love you man, I love you man..... who do you really love?"

Also said he's still waiting on Gruden to call him back about the offer he got from Cincinatti.

Said he "raised" Raheem from the time he walked into the building and that he's gonna be great. When JT questioned the hiring, Sapp said nobody knew who Gruden was until he was given an opportunity.

JC510

Practice Squad

#4 : January 28, 2009, 10:24:58 PM

Next year might be rough because the QB (whoever the hell it is). Once that is settled this team is going to be a beast.

Next year shouldn't matter though. Morris and Dominik are long term fits. Remember the team went backwards Dungy's first year. He took over a 7-9 team and started 96' 1-8.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 28, 2009, 10:19:32 PM

It will be very interesting to see Morris next year.   I personally think he ends up being Richard Williamson over his head.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 28, 2009, 08:49:13 PM

i think chidis point about Raheem being one of the guys is a valid one.  How does Raheem go from joking and hanging out with Ronde Barber to demoting him in favor of Talib?  That is a HUGE jump. 

everyone wants to compare Morris to Tomlin but Tomlin is much tougher.  Hell, many Steelers said they didnt like him at first because he was so tough on them.  based on everything we've heard and read on Morris, Does anyone get the feeling like Morris is going to be tough on his players?  with the daps, chest bumps and shared musical interests i just dont see it.  morris needs at least one of his coordinators to be the bad cop for him because Raheem is a good cop if I've ever seen one. 

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 28, 2009, 07:17:52 PM

The way that Chidi Ahanotu remembers Raheem Morris, as a young, affable assistant position coach who was too close with his players, makes the former Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive lineman wonder how Morris can suddenly transform into a bona fide NFL head coach.

"It's a scary pick," Ahanotu said Tuesday at Super Bowl Media Day, regarding the Glazers' decision to promote Morris, 32, as Tampa Bay's head coach to replace Jon Gruden. "I don't know if he'll last the whole season."

Ahanotu adds that the Glazers' vision of Morris becoming the next Mike Tomlin, the former Buccaneers defensive backs coach who led the Pittsburgh Steeelers to the Super Bowl in his second season as their head coach, is a stretch.

"I don't think he's going to be a 'Tomlin.' Tomlin is different. Tomlin had that presence," said Ahanotu, who played for the Buccaneers one season during Tomlin's tenure under Gruden.

"Tomlin was never like, 'Hey, I'm one of the guys' kind of thing. They're different personalities," Ahanotu said. "Tomlin was more hard core. Raheem, he's so young, he was like one of the guys. You'd walk into a room and he'd be goofing around, joking and stuff. Even his (introductory) press conference, you saw a little bit of that when he talked. He's a kid, man."

But Ahanotu, who does radio work for CBS Sports, did add a "caveat."

"(Morris) know he's stuff, he's a good coach. But I just don't know if he's a head coach," Ahanotu said. "I wish him all the luck in the world. He has the tools to be great one day. Maybe he's great immediately. But it's just a big question mark."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20090127/BLOG42/901270234?Title=Chidi__Morris_a__scary_pick__as_head_coach

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

BuccoJD

Starter

#8 : January 28, 2009, 07:22:14 PM

It's been a while Chidi. I'm sure Morris has changed a bit since the last time Chidi played for us.

I can see Raheem taking these quotes and using them as motivation.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 28, 2009, 07:24:09 PM

We are listening to Chidi Anahatu quotes? Really?? Oh my...

#10 : January 28, 2009, 07:28:14 PM

he hath spoken!!!!!

escobar

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 28, 2009, 07:29:19 PM

Yeah, instead we should be listening to your quotes. Hmm, former NFL player who actually played on a team Raheem coached for, or you. Tough choice.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 28, 2009, 07:32:19 PM

Gimme a break... This guy played for him years ago. I take what he says with a grain of salt the same way you should take what i say.

#13 : January 28, 2009, 07:32:29 PM

Never been a Chidi fan, but does he have any less credibility than Simeon Rice?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 28, 2009, 07:36:07 PM

He still has more insight than any of us, all I'm saying. It's just annoying reading for years how awful a coach Gruden was yet Raheem get's the teflon treatment with anything bad said about him immediately refuted. One guy won a SB, the other guy has done squat, but the critique of each is the opposite of what you would think it to be.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chidi: Morris a 'scary pick' as head coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools