Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chidi: Morris a 'scary pick' as head coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 28, 2009, 07:36:45 PM

We are listening to Chidi Anahatu quotes? Really?? Oh my...
Maybe YOU should "listen" to Rah's PC...

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 28, 2009, 07:39:56 PM

He still has more insight than any of us, all I'm saying. It's just annoying reading for years how awful a coach Gruden was yet Raheem get's the teflon treatment with anything bad said about him immediately refuted. One guy won a SB, the other guy has done squat, but the critique of each is the opposite of what you would think it to be.

Well that wasnt me. I liked Jon a ton. Loved his fire. I just think it had run its course for whatever reason. I wish the guy the best and im hoping for good things here as well. I just would hope folks would at least give this guy a chance.. What choice do we really have?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 28, 2009, 10:08:57 PM

I can see Raheem taking these quotes and using them as motivation.

Why? What about Raheem has made you think he would do that?

Don't you think that's a little cliche? Not everybody hangs a banner of quotes for motivation.

#18 : January 28, 2009, 07:45:06 PM

What choice do we really have?

We could bash the guy at every turn..... never even giving him an opportunity to show what he's got  ::) ::)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 28, 2009, 07:45:43 PM

Chidi - someone quoted Chidi - you have to be kidding.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 28, 2009, 07:46:50 PM

Chidi - someone quoted Chidi - you have to be kidding.

My sentiments exactly...  People are looking for absolutely ANYTHING at this point.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 28, 2009, 07:49:14 PM

We could bash the guy at every turn..... never even giving him an opportunity to show what he's got  ::) ::)

That seems to be the flavor. I dont get it. Ya never know.. This guy could really shine. Heres to that happening!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 28, 2009, 07:50:36 PM

That seems to be the flavor. I dont get it. Ya never know.. This guy could really shine. Heres to that happening!
Yea - well that crap has to stop - the young man is motivated, and the new HC of the buccs.  So here we go - and history is going to have to be just that.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 28, 2009, 07:54:38 PM

I swear, Tim Wansley will have a thread on here discussing Gruden before this is all over.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 28, 2009, 07:56:29 PM

I swear, Tim Wansley will have a thread on here discussing Gruden before this is all over.

LMAO... that could indeed happen. I will never forget that guy though..... ughhhhh.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 28, 2009, 10:05:47 PM

Funny thing is, if Chidi had come out and said Gruden was evil, he hated him, and thought he was a scumbag everyone would be saying

"SEE, I TOLD YOU SO!!!!"

Not everyone. But a lot would.

Hey, maybe Raheem doesn't finish the season. We just don't know. Like Chidi said, he's a giant ???

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#26 : January 28, 2009, 08:05:37 PM

Tim might actually have good things to say, seeing as Jon stood up for him...

Gruden defends Wansley
By RICK STROUD, JOANNE KORTH
Published October 11, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - Here's a twist to the Tim Wansley story. On Friday, it was coach Jon Gruden's turn to play a little defense for the second-year defensive back.

One day after reports surfaced that Wansley might be benched because he was late to a meeting, Gruden said too much blame for Monday night's 38-35 overtime loss to the Colts had been heaped on the former Georgia star.

"We lost a game in dramatic fashion, and everybody is on Wansley as the reason why we lost the game," Gruden said. "All I'm going to say is I'm not going to comment publicly on whether a guy is late. I don't tell you when guys are doing extra credit all the time, either.

"Nobody's perfect. Wansley's got a long way to go to be great, but he's trying. We're going to suit up the guys that have earned the right to start. Obviously with (Brian Kelly's) injury, we're in a tough spot right now and somebody needs to step up. We're evaluating everything and we're going to play the guys who've earned the right to play. But I'm not going to publicly discuss what we're doing and why we're doing what we're doing."

With Kelly out with a left pectoral muscle sprain, the Bucs will move right cornerback Ronde Barber to Kelly's side. Safety Dwight Smith will play Barber's spot, and second-year pro Jermaine Phillips will start at free safety.

That leaves Wansley or Cory Ivy as the the extra defensive back on passing downs.

The Bucs did not accept interview requests for Wansley on Friday, deferring questions to Gruden.

"There's a lot of reports circulating around Tim Wansley and his sleep habits," Gruden said. "But I don't have any new news. I don't comment publicly on internal team matters if there are any. We're going to announce the starters on Sunday. Tim Wansley is a young guy we're going to work with.

"The guy's a good kid. He earned the right to make our team. I didn't hear anybody complaining for the first 141/2 quarters that he was playing. I don't want to say anything else except we're going to rally around the men that are healthy, the guys that have earned the right to play.

"We've had stuff happen, and some of it has become public knowledge and some of it has not. And I just kind of prefer to let the team handle things internally. I don't know how these things get out, how these sources leak information, whether it be accurate or inaccurate."

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 28, 2009, 08:14:30 PM

Yeah, instead we should be listening to your quotes. Hmm, former NFL player who actually played on a team Raheem coached for, or you. Tough choice.

Ummm, Chidi Ahanotu played exactly 8 games in a Bucs uniform while Raheem Morris was coaching here... in 2004. That was FIVE YEARS ago.

I have no problem with Chidi's comments, but I also know it's just an opinion and based on apparently very little real firsthand or recent experience. In this case, there's been so much positive chatter about Morris that it seems like perhaps someone was trying to find a former player who could offer a little bit of a warning.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 28, 2009, 10:39:12 PM

Hey, they forgot to ask Chidi what he thought of Sapp this time.

COPYRIGHT 2002 Sarasota Herald-Tribune

Byline: TOM BALOG tom.balog@heraldtribune.com

NEW ORLEANS -- From the platform of a Super Bowl, Chidi Ahanotu renewed his lingering feud with former Bucs teammate Warren Sapp.

Ahanotu called Sapp, the 1999 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, a "cancer" that has fractured the Bucs team unity, causing a divisiveness which ultimately contributed to the firing of head coach Tony Dungy two weeks ago.

"No. 99 (Sapp) spread throughout that locker room like a cancer," said Ahanotu, who was a sixth-round draft pick in 1993 and started 104 games for the Bucs. "His mindset, his way of thinking and his code of conduct kind of spread throughout the whole team. Even the coaches, they started taking over his mindset a little bit

LFO

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 28, 2009, 10:03:48 PM

Funny thing is, if Chidi had come out and said Gruden was evil, he hated him, and thought he was a scumbag everyone would be saying

"SEE, I TOLD YOU SO!!!!"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chidi: Morris a 'scary pick' as head coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools