Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chidi: Morris a 'scary pick' as head coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 28, 2009, 08:20:01 PM

ranman

Pro Bowler
#31 : January 28, 2009, 08:21:25 PM

I won't make up my mind on him until I see him in action.  I thought his pc was wierd but am okay with it if he can get his players to win more games.  I wish him all the luck in the world.  If I recall correctly - several years ago there were questions about Dungy on here as well.  

Yucc is right it is the unknown.

psymun

Starter
#32 : January 28, 2009, 08:34:47 PM

I swear, Tim Wansley will have a thread on here discussing Gruden before this is all over.

Has anyone heard from Larry Brackins about this situation?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 28, 2009, 09:55:33 PM

Chidi seems like he nailed it on Morris. Raheem is obviously one of the guys and will be challenged to make the shift to head coach, where the buck will stop with him. And his press conference was a little unsettling. We didn't need Chidi to tell us that.

Like Chidi said, maybe Morris is great immediately. But he's definitely a big question mark at this point.
and he said Morris "I don't know if he will make it through the season"  quite a spread...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 28, 2009, 08:59:16 PM

No one should care what Chidi's point is - THAT is the point

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 28, 2009, 09:53:38 PM

Chidi seems like he nailed it on Morris. Raheem is obviously one of the guys and will be challenged to make the shift to head coach, where the buck will stop with him. And his press conference was a little unsettling. We didn't need Chidi to tell us that.

Like Chidi said, maybe Morris is great immediately. But he's definitely a big question mark at this point.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 28, 2009, 09:04:51 PM

funny chidi makes a good point but we jump on him for that b/c he didnt fluff up the pick.

The pick for head coach was questionable at best and as I will support Morris, let's not act like people shouldn't question him based on his age, the fact that he was never a coordinator, or the fact that he did have an opening press conference that scared people

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 28, 2009, 09:18:11 PM

LOL Bada - bc Brackens wasn't available they asked Chidi his opinion? 

Everyone here has offered their opinions on Raheem - and I have read quite a few which were better than Lord Chidi.  So?  Is questioning the pick going to do ANYTHING?  He is the Coach - perhaps if Chidi has nothing good to say - he shouldn't say anything to the media - especially since he authority is - oh yea - he doesn't have any... really.

So folks can be scared - but this is the hand - so folks like Chidi - who don't know a damned thing more about the future than anyone else on the planet.  He can have concerns, you can, I can - but throwing out negative tripe prior to seeing anything - literally - past a press conference is simply 'the sky is falling' mentality. 

Could it turn out to be right - sure, wrong - sure.  So again - what is the point.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 28, 2009, 09:41:55 PM

NFL player, played for Morris. Sounds like he might have a valid opinion on the guy. Like it or not.
Well no doubt it is a free world - and he surely didn't pin himself down to tightly - from Raheem doesn't make it through the season to maybe he is great immediately... Sure that has value - do you have Mrs. C's contact info?

PS Chidi was dline, Morris a Dback assistant - they would know each other - but Chidi didn't play for him beyond being with the team at that same time did he?

PewterG@tor

Starter
#39 : January 28, 2009, 09:34:35 PM

Trying to contact my good friend Tyji Armstrong for his analysis...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 28, 2009, 09:36:04 PM

Is Mrs. Culverhouse still above ground?  Let's give her a shout...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 28, 2009, 09:37:18 PM

NFL player, played for Morris. Sounds like he might have a valid opinion on the guy. Like it or not.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#42 : January 29, 2009, 01:29:30 AM

yet Gramatica's negative views of Gruden proves something? Or Meshawn's view. I am not 32 yet, but I doubt my personality will change between the ages of 26 to 32, and unlike Meshawn and Gramatica he has no ax to grind.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#43 : January 29, 2009, 02:39:04 AM

The same "kid" that was promoted by Gruden himself to be Monte's successor?   

I'm Rah's age.  I had some serious Jackass in me five years ago.  Now I'm a business owner, father, really a different man than I was five years yonder.  Responsibility has a way of baptizing you with fire.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 29, 2009, 03:57:04 AM

I was reading an article the other day that said the Glazers acted when they did because of the success Tomlin has had in Pittsburgh and didn't want Morris to leave. The Denver interview **CENSORED**ed them.
If this is what motivated the Glazers to act, we are in trouble. Tomlin had a much better core of players when he got to Pitt that was put together by Cowher. We dont have a core here. Plus Tomlin was a coordinator for a year.

The Glazers pulled the trigger too soon to promote a guy who isnt ready, just so no one else can have him. Im sorry but the Glazer boys have lost their minds. Either we will end up with an 8-8 season next year or a complete and total disaster. There is no way we go to the playoffs next year.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chidi: Morris a 'scary pick' as head coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools