Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: JEFF JAGODZINSKI HIRED AS BUCS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#75 : January 30, 2009, 09:41:01 AM

Why not make Luke our starter and draft a QB next year? We need DT help bad...not sure why this is a hard choice?

Well yeah we need a stud DT but are you suggesting just making McCown the outright starter before you even get to minicamps? �You can do that if you have Peyton Manning....not Luke McCown. � They still need to look into the weak pool of talent in free agents, the draft, and J. Johnson and make a competition for the job. With an entire new coaching staff every starting position better be up for grabs. � A QB might drop to the second or third round that's worth looking at. � I'd like to see DT in the first, WR in the second, and maybe Harrell or Davis in the third if they are still there. �

I like this hire for OC. � The OL coaching experience is an added bonus. �If all that talent can be properly coached we might have a strong running game next season. � �

Of course make him compete in minicamps etc...Any chance that Sanchez or Stafford is there @ 19?

Ok well from your previous post it almost looked like you just wanted to say right now that he's our starter and has the gig.   I'm all for it if he earns it but we need to look at all options.  Even another grandpa to sign for a year or two until we can draft the right QB.    As for Stafford or Sanchez falling to our pick....not a chance in hell, for either of them.   No way Detroit passes on Stafford with the first pick.  Sanchez could go to KC but if not he won't last much after that which is crazy to me.   In most years a guy with his experience and talent potential would be a late first or early second round pick at best.  

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 30, 2009, 09:46:31 AM

DTG,
I find it interesting that for a long time many on here harped about how poor the previous management team had drafted/stocked the team with players.  Now when it is said that they did a lot with less than stellar players it is said that the roster is much better than is being said in those articles/posts that talk about the lack of talent.  

The relative improvement of the roster, on offense, over the Dungy years is clear but that isn't a huge leap given the 95% lack of talent on those units (I'm giving Dunn and Alstott credit for having some talent) but the increase in talent wasn't as big as it should have been given the resources tossed at it and the results did not show a notable gain over those incredibly untalented teams.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#77 : January 30, 2009, 09:50:48 AM

Well atleast we know that FSU could take the ACC title next year while BC cries about losing their coach to the Bucs. Im just glad we FINALLY have someone who doesnt (possibly could) have an offensive "guru" ego labeled over their head and get the right guys and personel on the field to win us the games. I hope they focus 75% of the offense this off-season on the Red Zone and how to get TOUCHDOWNS and not field goals.

Good luck with that.  I haven't run into the first crying BC fan and I know quite a few, which is pretty much all of them.

FSU just gave BB another year, I bet I find more crying FSU fans then you find Crying BC fans.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#78 : January 30, 2009, 09:57:16 AM

Can you say one and done? Remember this guy left his HC position in college to obtain and NFL HC job. He really wants to be an NFL head coach, may just be getting his feet wet.  We'll see..................

i think he just wanted out of B.C.  so did their previous coach who left for a smaller program.  i don't know what the deal is there.

You realize the "other" coach was at BC for ten years?  You know he got a raise in pay something on the order of 50%.  How exactly is NCST a smaller program then BC?   He just didn't want to be the 11th highest paid ACC coach and rightfully so. Plus he figured he could do with a big ole raise and the ability to recruit everyone. Same thing people who defend ND point to.

That said Jags definitely wanted to be back in the NFL. I don't think he was up for the recruiting.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 30, 2009, 10:06:09 AM

I have to call a bit of B S on learning the zone blocking scheme in Atlanta. He was the guy responsible for the zone blocking at BC in his first go around then went to Atlanta not so much to learn it, but to continue to coach it.

It's really hard to get much out of his two years as HC of bc because you don't know what he was really responsible for. How much of that offense was Logan?  Plus, he's not bringing the offense they were setting up at BC to the NFL. They we're getting into the new defacto standard in college and spreading the field a ton. Those runs were mostly zone/reads where frankly I"m pretty sure they didn't coache Chris Crane to read but rather to just hand the ball off even though it looked like a zone/read.

If I'm going to pull anything from those two years it that he's adaptable. Although he did take the first bowl loss in about a decade. And the last two game plans BC came up with with DD at QB were frig'n pathetic. Of course he'll never have to deal with a QB nearly as poor as DD in the NFL.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: JEFF JAGODZINSKI HIRED AS BUCS OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools