Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chuck Amato returns back to FSU to coach LB's!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#45 : January 24, 2007, 06:00:50 PM

Good one RunAhole.

Keep them coming, I like to see you move when I say so!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#46 : January 24, 2007, 09:51:33 PM

RunAhole?

Geesh! another example of the fine UF education!   As to being my puppet and puppy dog that has always been the case. Why else would a gator fan be on an FSU thread about a coaching hire???  game Set match! owned again lil gator boy!!!  Don't piddle on the floor!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#47 : January 24, 2007, 11:32:10 PM

RunAhole?

Geesh! another example of the fine UF education! As to being my puppet and puppy dog that has always been the case. Why else would a gator fan be on an FSU thread about a coaching hire??? game Set match! owned again lil gator boy!!! Don't piddle on the floor!!

You copy me so mcuh it is sickening.  I am not going to "piddle" but I may puke.

You are my BlTCH, my dog, my puppet, my sissy. I own you forever and always.

Don't copy me.  At least be original.

As for education, I can't figure out where you got yours.  You are all up on Bobby's jock but appear to have actually attended school at USF. Looks like another bandwagon FSU fan here...shocker!

Bye RunAhole!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 30, 2007, 10:31:15 PM

First, lets just get a few things straight.

FSU had a very disappointing season in 2006.

UF on the other hand had a unbelievable "Cinderella" storybook season that culminated in something even the most die-hard gator fan could never have predicted. Everything fell into place perfectly for the first true "Year of the Gator" in school history. This one had no 2nd chances or probations attached even if a few Boise State fans disagree.

The only thing that would have made it better would be if a victory over Miami had been included along with not losing to Auburn.
Obviously, with such a fantastic season gator fans don't know what to do with themselves. They have always been most arrogant braggarts even without championships. It will be interesting to see how UF can handle this ultimate success of 2006??

I do believe we are already seeing the "gator behavior pattern" on this thread, as FSU fans are getting extremely excited about the revamping of their coaching staff. What gator fans just don't understand is such wholesale changes (unlike Florida and Miami) are an extremely "RARE" occurrence at FSU . Bowden has always been most loyal to his coaches, and the FSU staff has been one of the most stable in Division One over the last 30 years or so. Most of the time the only way coaches have left FSU has been for a better position (usually Head coach) somewhere else.

This is a "New Era" beginning at FSU from an FSU fan's perspective, and certainly there is great logic behind that thought, despite gator derision to the contrary. Sure Bowden and FSU continue to have most successful defensive staff that is pretty much the same, but the major difference is on the offensive side of the ball. What a tremendous blend of youth and proven experience!! It is like a shot of adrenalin has been put into the program, and it has nothing to do with the gators phenomenal success of last season.

It is I am sure Bowden's hope along with all involved with FSU that these changes will return FSU to a more fundamentally sound team that really hasn't been present since before Charlie Ward. That is playing "FSU BALL" which involves a great running game combined with deadly passing.

The Trickett hire impresses me a lot as I believe he resembles the great Wayne Mcduffie in his teaching. ie Getting the best out of OL prospects. This guy can take 1 star Athletes and turn them into ALL AMERICANS and NFL draft choices. IMAGINE WHAT HE CAN DO WITH 3,4,and 5 Star OL's??? It is called over-achieving and FSU certainly can use that on the Offensive line. It might not happen next year, but I sincerely believe FSU will start being the place where outstanding offensive lineman will gravitate to best secure an NFL career.

With Dawsey and Carter.. you have great ex- FSU players that understand the rewards of toughness and hard work. Both had wonderful careers at FSU and will especially invigorate and relate well to High school players. Personally, I don't believe I have ever seen a "tougher" WR than Dawsey in CFB.

Next, you have Fisher who obviously understands the value of a sound running game and preparing players for NFL style offenses. It has been a long time since FSU had an OC that had such a strong history of commitment to running the ball, and strong emphasis on good execution and fundamentals.

Finally, you have Amato who did so well at FSU that he got a head coaching job at NC State from his work. He will be a valuable asset to FSU for both sides of the ball. He had great success against FSU at NC ST. He will be invaluable in pointing out weaknesses on both sides of the ball with his 6 years away from the program.

FSU has excellent talent on both sides of the ball. Last season they were still young but many grew considerably. It looks like the fruit is about to become ripe with experience and leadership. One look at UF last season and all the senior leadership that was present showed how important such things are. Experience is always a positive factor in college football.

Bowden seems the most rejuvenated he has been in a about 10 years. It wouldn't surprise me if he is still a head coach at FSU in his early 80's if his health continues to be good. Last season was a rude Awakening for FSU. 2007 is the start of "a New Beginning". While it has been quite fatiguing being the "Top Dog" for so long at FSU, it is nice to get back to being an underdog regaining lost respect.

Saw this just recently regarding recruiting of NFL talent on the OL kind of debunking those 350 lb alleged 5* recruits:

WVa's recruiting classes and the OL rankings they recruited.

2006 56th 4 2 stars all unranked.
2005 33rd 1 2 star; 1 3 star 56
2004 53rd 4 2 stars NR, NR, 137, 169; one 3 star 84
2003 57th 3 2 stars; two unranked, one JUCO
2002 33rd 1 star unranked; 2 3 stars 105, 106

Those are OL recruits at WVa while Trickett was the coach.

Here's WV's 3rd down conversion rate the last two years.

2006 5th 49.7%
2005 16th 45.4%

Last years NFL draft:

1st round
4 D’Brickashaw Ferguson 3 Stars 40
23 Davin Joseph 3 Stars 31
29 Nick Mangold 1 Stars not rated

2nd round
39 Winston Justice 5 Stars 5
41 Taitusi ‘Deuce’ Lutui (Not Listed)
47 Daryn Colledge (Not Listed)
50 Marcus McNeill 4 Stars 12
51 Ryan Cook (Not Listed)
55 Andrew Whitworth (Not Listed)
56 Chris Chester (Not Listed)
59 Jeremy Trueblood (Not Listed)

Obviously those High school ranking meant a lot???? concerning how good those 5 * OL's actually end up come draft time!

Despite UF fans continual chirping over how FSU's coaching changes won't mean anything.  We shall see!! JMHO But I like what I am seeing!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#49 : January 31, 2007, 01:06:26 PM

I don't think anyone ever said they won't mean "anything."  What I said myself was hold off on calling them the "best" coaching staff in CFB.  That is truly an arrogant statement only a Nole fan would make coming off another disappointing season!

As for the OL, wow so you show several guys who weren't rated high and claim truth??  LOL.  There are a few 6th round NFL picks who panned out also, does that mean we should all trade away picks 1-5 for 6th rounders?  LMAO!

As for WV, yeah I am sure their 3rd down success rate and success in general had zero to do with guys like Slaton and White.  Right.

Good luck to FSU, one can only hope they end up as good as your arrogance would lead us to believe!

Snook

Hall of Famer

#50 : January 31, 2007, 01:13:51 PM

Another example of ratings that don't hold much water.  Slaton and White were 3 star recruits.  But they fit PERFECTLY in that system.  Utilizing talent.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 31, 2007, 01:15:10 PM

Ray, I don't think Runole really gets his point across well - or even know what he's talking about.  But you already know that.

No sane FSU fan is claiming they have the best coaching staff.  But they are excited about the change.  Trickett and Fisher are top notch coaches with proven success.  They're not just some newbies.  We're just excited.  That's all.  Its a much needed breath of fresh air in a very stagnant room.  They haven't even been on the job for a month.  I'm sure their recruiting success will be much improved come 2008.  I don't think that's a stretch to say.  Especially if FSU shows improvement this coming season.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#52 : January 31, 2007, 02:04:32 PM

I know Snook.  You and I are on the same page more often than not and I get that.

Nothing wrong with excitement, and FSU should these are good coaches.  ALl I said originally was it was arrogant to boast of the "best" staff in CFB.  I stand by that.

As for Slaton and White and the OL, it worked at WV in that spread/option offense.  Is that going to be installed at FSU?  That may make a difference as well.  I don't believe Jimbo ran that at LSU, and I would have to believe picking an OL to block for an option offense and a more pro style are very different things.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#53 : January 31, 2007, 02:16:33 PM

Ray, I don't think Runole really gets his point across well - or even know what he's talking about.  But you already know that.

No sane FSU fan is claiming they have the best coaching staff.  But they are excited about the change.  Trickett and Fisher are top notch coaches with proven success.  They're not just some newbies.  We're just excited.  That's all.  Its a much needed breath of fresh air in a very stagnant room. They haven't even been on the job for a month.  I'm sure their recruiting success will be much improved come 2008.  I don't think that's a stretch to say.  Especially if FSU shows improvement this coming season.

I have never stated anywhere that FSU has the BEST COACHING STAFF in the Nation.

All I did is present some interesting info on the coaching staff...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#54 : January 31, 2007, 03:42:45 PM

I know Snook.  You and I are on the same page more often than not and I get that.

Nothing wrong with excitement, and FSU should these are good coaches.  ALl I said originally was it was arrogant to boast of the "best" staff in CFB.  I stand by that.

As for Slaton and White and the OL, it worked at WV in that spread/option offense.  Is that going to be installed at FSU?  That may make a difference as well.  I don't believe Jimbo ran that at LSU, and I would have to believe picking an OL to block for an option offense and a more pro style are very different things.

I don't think FSU's offense will be the spread.  It will be what Jimbo ran at LSU.  But the lineman at FSU are having to learn a whole new blocking scheme compared to what idiot McHale (previous OL coach) had been running.  I'm sure it will be more effective.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#55 : January 31, 2007, 05:09:21 PM

So how will Trickett's schemes fit in Jimbo's offense?  I would think schemes for an option offense would be much different from a more pro style.  I would also think the type of OL who succeed in an option offense may differ a bit from a more pro style. 

TDTB

Second String

#56 : January 31, 2007, 06:55:08 PM

Well NC State was one of the dirtiest programs ever under Amato, in addition to having the lowest admission standards for football players anywhere, so he might as well go back to his roots.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#57 : February 01, 2007, 08:58:17 AM

So how will Trickett's schemes fit in Jimbo's offense?  I would think schemes for an option offense would be much different from a more pro style.  I would also think the type of OL who succeed in an option offense may differ a bit from a more pro style. 

I'm not sure.  Blocking schemes can vary so much and be adjusted and tweaked for different offenses.  I'm not sure how it will work - but the two worked together at Auburn, so I don't think it will be an issue.  And Trickett signed with FSU assuming that they were hiring Fisher so I'm sure he's prepared.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#58 : February 01, 2007, 08:42:18 PM

So how will Trickett's schemes fit in Jimbo's offense? I would think schemes for an option offense would be much different from a more pro style. I would also think the type of OL who succeed in an option offense may differ a bit from a more pro style.

I'm not sure. Blocking schemes can vary so much and be adjusted and tweaked for different offenses. I'm not sure how it will work - but the two worked together at Auburn, so I don't think it will be an issue. And Trickett signed with FSU assuming that they were hiring Fisher so I'm sure he's prepared.

Well, I was curious because from what I hear coming out of the Senior Bowl is Tricket's Best OL Mozes was a turnstyle most of the Practices but did fairly well blocking for screens and such.  

Runole

Hall of Famer
#59 : February 03, 2007, 03:41:45 AM

Well NC State was one of the dirtiest programs ever under Amato, in addition to having the lowest admission standards for football players anywhere, so he might as well go back to his roots.

I assume you are an UF fan unware of its reputation of its "HELL YES WE CHEAT" reputation.   NC ST isn't even close to the infamy of the UF program by NCAA standards:

Or as the NCAA stated: "Unfortunately, during the five-year period in which the violations occurred," continued Mr. Toner, "the football coaching staff operated unimpeded by any effort being exerted by the university's director of athletics or any other administrative authority at the university to assure control of the football program. Due to this fact, as well as the serious nature of many of the violations in this case, the Committee on Infractions and the Council considered this to be among the most serious infractions cases ever processed by the NCAA.”
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chuck Amato returns back to FSU to coach LB's!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools