Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chuck Amato returns back to FSU to coach LB's!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#90 : March 29, 2007, 11:52:36 AM

If it is about accomplishment and achievement in Division One Football. FSU has achieved more than UF in that sport. That is a fact.

I agree.  Particularlly since FSU has done so much in so little time.  Only 50 years!  When BB first started coaching every game was on the road, he basically built the team from nothing.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#91 : March 29, 2007, 12:55:21 PM

And the Army has more national championships and heisman trophy winners than FSU. 

What's your point?

What have you done for me lately? 

There was a span of about 8 years where FSU was better then UF, about 87-94.  Before those years UF was better, and since those years UF has been just as good if not better.  So congrats, FSU was better than UF for about an 8 year span!

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#92 : March 29, 2007, 01:41:33 PM

You know, a lot of FSU fans remind me of Robert in the sitcom "Everyone Loves Raymond." He is always trying to measue what he does by what Raymond has done.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#93 : March 29, 2007, 02:10:01 PM

No doubt Groov, FSU fans don't care what their team has done most of the time, they just want UF to lose.  As if UF losing somehow justifies their season.  Take basketball for instance.  FSU fans don't brag on their team nor really care if they get better.  Their time and energy goes to praying UF loses.  Sad.

And to show the numbers I referred to, FSU was GREAT from about 87-00, no doubt.  But really about half of that, 87-94 were they better than UF on a regular basis.  In their entire history they were really only better than UF for that span of years.  Yet people want to say FSU is so much better.   Since that span, 95-present, here are the numbers:

FSU - 117 wins, 5 bowl wins, 1 MNC, and 6 wins vs. UF.

UF - 118 wins, 6 bowl wins, 2 MNC, 7 wins vs. FSU.

Those are facts.  You can twist everything else however you want, but the fact is only from about 87-94 was FSU the better team consistently.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#94 : March 30, 2007, 09:24:43 AM

Samari is the only poster I've seen call us "crocs". He's most definately a hater!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#95 : March 30, 2007, 03:42:41 PM

Hmmm?  1995...  12 years ago?    What an odd statistical time frame?  Obviously, a decade, or  15 , 20, 25, or 30 year periods shouldn't be considered?? And then there is the 1987- 1994 time frame of 8 years?  Again such a strange time frame?
Let me see?

10 years-  FSU ranks 7th alltime in winning %    UF winning ranks 9th

15 years-  FSU ranks 1st alltime in winning %    UF winning ranks 4th

20 years   FSU ranks 1st alltime in winning %    UF winning ranks 6th

25 years   FSU ranks  3rd alltime in winning %    UF winning ranks 5th ( them cheatin' Pell years must have helped!)

30 years   FSU ranks 2nd alltime in winning %    UF winning ranks  12th

31 years  " Tenure of Bowden at FSU"   FSU ranks 2nd alltime in winning %    UF winning ranks 11th

60 years  " When FSU started playing football"   FSU 12th alltime   UF 13th

I think most of the world that bases its numbering system on 10 sees the real truth above.  I guess in the gator world decades are 12 years? or perhaps 8 years? Clearly some gator fans aren't into metrics yet!!!  Perhaps they can petition the US to recognize decades as being 8 or 12 years!!! ROFLMAO!!!

As the record proves  FSU has just been a bit better than UF over its history since its official beginning in 1947.  Perhaps Groovatron better restate his Raymond analogy? It appears he is in error!! LOL

Like I have stated "If it is about accomplishment and achievement in Division One Football.  FSU has achieved more than UF in that sport. " That is a fact.

Very little need to skew odd numbers of year combinations to make something look better!!!

JMHO but that is patently dishonest.. What is it??? "STATISTICS DON"T LIE BUT LIARS...... "LOL

I find it most odd that gator fans tend to be so patently dishonest in their statistical presentations on these discussions.

OH AND FOR THE DECADE OF THE 90'S  FSU #2  uf #4

Runole

Hall of Famer
#96 : March 30, 2007, 03:50:10 PM

Samari is the only poster I've seen call us "crocs". He's most definately a hater!

Believe the term CROCS came from the fact that the GATOR MEDIA GUIDE put a crocodile in place of an alligator on the cover!!

Obviously, either UF has a very poor Zoology department or those in charge of things aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer!!

UF fans keep bragging about their academics, but with gaffs like that you have to wonder where such "blather" comes from??

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#97 : March 30, 2007, 04:31:53 PM

Hmmm? 1995... 12 years ago? What an odd statistical time frame? Obviously, a decade, or 15 , 20, 25, or 30 year periods shouldn't be considered?? And then there is the 1987- 1994 time frame of 8 years? Again such a strange time frame?
Let me see?

10 years- FSU ranks 7th alltime in winning % UF winning ranks 9th

15 years- FSU ranks 1st alltime in winning % UF winning ranks 4th

20 years FSU ranks 1st alltime in winning % UF winning ranks 6th

25 years FSU ranks 3rd alltime in winning % UF winning ranks 5th ( them cheatin' Pell years must have helped!)

30 years FSU ranks 2nd alltime in winning % UF winning ranks 12th

31 years " Tenure of Bowden at FSU" FSU ranks 2nd alltime in winning % UF winning ranks 11th

60 years " When FSU started playing football" FSU 12th alltime UF 13th

I think most of the world that bases its numbering system on 10 sees the real truth above. I guess in the gator world decades are 12 years? or perhaps 8 years? Clearly some gator fans aren't into metrics yet!!! Perhaps they can petition the US to recognize decades as being 8 or 12 years!!! ROFLMAO!!!

As the record proves FSU has just been a bit better than UF over its history since its official beginning in 1947. Perhaps Groovatron better restate his Raymond analogy? It appears he is in error!! LOL

Like I have stated "If it is about accomplishment and achievement in Division One Football. FSU has achieved more than UF in that sport. " That is a fact.

Very little need to skew odd numbers of year combinations to make something look better!!!

JMHO but that is patently dishonest.. What is it??? "STATISTICS DON"T LIE BUT LIARS...... "LOL

I find it most odd that gator fans tend to be so patently dishonest in their statistical presentations on these discussions.

OH AND FOR THE DECADE OF THE 90'S FSU #2 uf #4

Robert, there's nothing wrong with being a cop. You're a good cop, too. Now move over so Raymond can eat his cake.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#98 : March 30, 2007, 04:34:39 PM

????

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#99 : March 30, 2007, 04:51:37 PM

Hmmm? 1995... 12 years ago? What an odd statistical time frame? Obviously, a decade, or 15 , 20, 25, or 30 year periods shouldn't be considered?? And then there is the 1987- 1994 time frame of 8 years? Again such a strange time frame?
Let me see?

25 years FSU ranks 3rd alltime in winning % UF winning ranks 5th ( them cheatin' Pell years must have helped!)

31 years " Tenure of Bowden at FSU" FSU ranks 2nd alltime in winning % UF winning ranks 11th

I think most of the world that bases its numbering system on 10 sees the real truth above. I guess in the gator world decades are 12 years? or perhaps 8 years? Clearly some gator fans aren't into metrics yet!!! Perhaps they can petition the US to recognize decades as being 8 or 12 years!!! ROFLMAO!!!

As the record proves FSU has just been a bit better than UF over its history since its official beginning in 1947. Perhaps Groovatron better restate his Raymond analogy? It appears he is in error!! LOL

Like I have stated "If it is about accomplishment and achievement in Division One Football. FSU has achieved more than UF in that sport. " That is a fact.

OH AND FOR THE DECADE OF THE 90'S FSU #2 uf #4

Keep trying.

I didn't skew anything.  I examined the last 20 years, of which coincided with the start of FSU's "dynasty."  I discovered that only in the first 8 years was FSU consistently better.  The last 12 UF has the upper hand, albeit small.  118 > 117.  6 > 5. 7 > 6.  2 >1. 

I chose 87, because that is considered the start of FSU's "Dynasty."  However, only for the first 8 years of that did they "dominate" Florida.  Since those first 8 years, Florida has been greater than (or at worst equal to) FSU.  That's a fact.  95-PRESENT.  I suspect it will continue to be that way for the forseeable future.  Deal with it. 

Take the past all you want, but fact is UF is better NOW, and has been for sometime now. 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#100 : March 30, 2007, 05:25:19 PM

So since you choose 1987 why did you break it up??

Oh thats right From 1987- 2006 FSU has the #1 winning % in Division One!!!  FSU #1  and UF #6  Can you deal with that?

I most certainly can deal with the fact that UF has beaten FSU the last 3 times they have played, are current MNC champions, and have a better winning % over the last 5 years even if the overall series record is only 3 games to 2.,Or that the last 9 games stands at 5-4 in favor of FSU.. Using your number logic??

The fact is can you deal with? "If it is about accomplishment and achievement in Division One Football. FSU has achieved more than UF in that sport. "That is a fact.

From your posts, I would say I don't have to try anything to prove my point. It is called COLD HARD FACTS that you apparently can't deal with.

If denial is all you have......

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#101 : March 30, 2007, 05:56:58 PM

Balh blah blah.

I broke it up because 95 is about where FSU's reign over UF ended.  I do believe UF beat FSU 3 years in a row starting in 95.  FSU's reign started in 87, which is where I started.  In 95 UF turned the corner and has been better OVERALL since then than FSU.  That is a FACT based on the numbers I have shown.  It is a very small margin but a margin nonetheless. 

FSU was only consistently better than UF from 87-94.  Since that time UF has passed them, FACT!

So congrats, in 50 years FSU was better for an 8 year period. 

FSU has a losing record vs. UF, and has the same number of Championships.  Also facts.  That is all I care about.  You can say what you want, think what you want, and do what you want.  So can I.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#102 : March 31, 2007, 02:56:53 AM

Balh blah blah.

I broke it up because 95 is about where FSU's reign over UF ended.  I do believe UF beat FSU 3 years in a row starting in 95.  FSU's reign started in 87, which is where I started.  In 95 UF turned the corner and has been better OVERALL since then than FSU.  That is a FACT based on the numbers I have shown.  It is a very small margin but a margin nonetheless. 

FSU was only consistently better than UF from 87-94.  Since that time UF has passed them, FACT!

So congrats, in 50 years FSU was better for an 8 year period. 

FSU has a losing record vs. UF, and has the same number of Championships.  Also facts.  That is all I care about.  You can say what you want, think what you want, and do what you want.  So can I.

Not about what I think just about the factual nature of this statement: "If it is about accomplishment and achievement in Division One Football. FSU has achieved more than UF in that sport. "That is a fact.

The fact that your response is Blah blah blah is also quite representative of your opinion which really has nothing to do with the Factual nature of my statement.

What you care about or I care about is not germane to the issue that "If it is about accomplishment and achievement in Division One Football. FSU has achieved more than UF in that sport. "

"So congrats, in 50 years FSU was better for an 8 year period. "

While that is true FSU also has been better for winning % in all the following time periods:

What is humorous is you configuring a odd time period for which to base your whole defense for UF which is statistically and patently dishonest..  Hey your choice not mine!!

You must explain again why you decided to break up the Decade of the 90's in half for FSU? 

With FSU it has always been about year by year consistency and no one in CFB has some of the amazing records FSU has established. JMHO but I doubt any will be broken in my or your lifetime. Bowl streaks, Top 5 finishes etc...

Just one look at the entire history of FSU and seeing where they stand relative to every team that ever played the game no matter how long is most impressive.

USF is on track to possibly be the only CFB program that may indeed break many of FSU's records. What they have done in the last 10 years from starting at ground zero has  been amazing!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#103 : March 31, 2007, 08:00:16 AM

Ok buddy.

An odd time period?  No, just the last 12 years.  And after this year 13.  Then 14, then 15.  LOL!!!  Keep coming!  That future is SO bright!

Bowls??  Whoopidy do!  Forgive me if making an Emerald bowl is not an accomplishment to me!

Runole

Hall of Famer
#104 : April 02, 2007, 05:21:31 PM

So how many BCS bowls has UF been to since the BCS began??   What bowls are important?

Winning any bowl game is an accomplishment. IMO   Far better than losing them. 

By the way what is UF's alltime bowl record compared to FSU?
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chuck Amato returns back to FSU to coach LB's!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools