Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chuck Amato returns back to FSU to coach LB's!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« : January 18, 2007, 03:54:36 PM »

One of the best recruiters in college football, and now the post Jeff Bowden staff is complete. 

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 18, 2007, 04:57:36 PM »

I don't think it's a stretch at all to say FSU now has the best coaching staff in the nation.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 18, 2007, 06:01:42 PM »

Definitely a great signing by FSU.  I was hoping there was an outside shot that the Bucs land him.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #3 : January 18, 2007, 08:13:57 PM »

I don't think it's a stretch at all to say FSU now has the best coaching staff in the nation.
Maybe 15 years ago.

Most of the FSU coaches are past their time.

« #4 : January 18, 2007, 11:48:47 PM »

wow what a signing.

coaches dont forget how to coach, ray

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #5 : January 19, 2007, 01:11:30 PM »

They don't? Then explain FSU going 15-11 the past 2 seasons under the Great Bobby Bowden?

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #6 : January 19, 2007, 01:13:50 PM »

Maybe 15 years ago.

Most of the FSU coaches are past their time.

Another solid post from the biggest bandwagon gator fan on the board.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #7 : January 19, 2007, 01:17:22 PM »

They don't? Then explain FSU going 15-11 the past 2 seasons under the Great Bobby Bowden?

I guess you missed the part about more freshman playing this year than BB has ever had.  It's called a culmination of injuries, bad breaks, and a bad O-coordinator.  If you are having trouble understanding, look back a few years at the Ron Zook years.  Other than recruiting a championship team to hand over on a silver platter for Urban Meyer, I don't really think you all did much in that time span.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #8 : January 19, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »

Bandwagon?  LMAO.

Yeah, I have only been going to Gator games since I was 4, and I only graduated from there in 2002.  Yeah, I am a bandwagoner.  Got me.

I just posted the facts man.  Don't hate me for that.  You are just in denial.....

Bring up Zook?  LOL.  He was Ron Zook, he replaced Spurrier, we expected a dropoff.  You ha ve Bobby Bowden, greatest coach or one of the greatest all-time.  Having the same record as the Zookster should not happen.....

Handing over a Championship to Meyer?  Are you that ignorant?  Some of the key players were Meyer recruits.  Quit talking out your ass son.  YEah Zook recruited a lot, but you are ignorant if you think Meyer didn't earn that title.  Just shutup now man, you are making a fool out of yourself.

LOL, I can't believe you are attempting to justify FSU the last 3 years by comparing it to the Zook years....LOL.  Is that what FSU is coming down to?  "We aren't  that bad, we did as well as ZOOK!"  Hahahahahhahahahha.

« #9 : January 19, 2007, 01:30:40 PM »

So what yopu are saying RIGHT HERE, is that a bad record is always because you have a bad coach. No ifs ands or buts. Somebody tell Bill Cowher he has to give his super bowl ring back for going 5-11 in 2004

« #10 : January 19, 2007, 01:32:23 PM »

quez, I NEVER bring up injuries. BUt I would DEFINITELY bring up injuries, and the fact that over the past 2 years the Noles have played the most freshm,an in teh country. WIth well over 40 freshman playing combined in the last 2 years. I would bring that up before I blamed the greatness that is Bobby Bowden and his staff of warriors

then again, my agenda isnt to talk bad about FSU in every FSU topic

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #11 : January 19, 2007, 02:06:26 PM »

Maybe you aren't a bandwagon fan, just an obnoxious one that feels the need to try and spoil any positive FSU news. 

Before today I can't recall any PR Noles that have had anything negative to say about your championship.  We congratulated UF, and most of us wanted them to beat OSU. 

But, to have to specifically point out the Noles in that stupid FL rankings topic, and hate on the "wire to wire" championship team reveals what a hater you truley are.  You confirmed your addiction to Hatorade by coming into this Chuck Amato thread to again rain on our parade. 

Do us all a favor, and go back to beating off to your Florida Gator collectors edition SI mag.  Just make sure you don't get the 3 page fold out of Urban Meyer sticky, or it will be hard to open.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #12 : January 19, 2007, 02:30:54 PM »

I didn't rain on anything ass clown.  I just scoffed at your arrogant comment of "we have the best coaching staff in the nation."  You couldn't handle that I disagreed.  I don't feel the need to go in every FSU thread and hate.  My name is not Runole.  He lives his life to bash UF, so yeah occasionally I'll jibe at FSU because I know it gets to him. And as for UF winning the NC, I heard it all year long about how we sucked and didn't deserve and blah lah blah from all you FSU homers so don't try me with that BS.

As for the "wire to wire" issue' that has been ongoing since preseason between runole and myself.  I had no hate for FSU.  I brought up USC as well.  I just believe it is arrogant and ignorant to claim that because voters got it right twice in history somehow those teams are greater than others such as 05 Texas, 01 Miami, or countless other teams who went undefeated.  UF has nothing to do with that so there goes your theory.  I am just sick of you clowns hating on everyone elses accomplishments and acting like FSU poop don't stink.  You would think a 7-6 season would humble you some but nope.  You guys just live in the past and bring up crap like "7-6 is ok because we went wire to wire in 99" Wow.  It is 2007.  Seems like a lot of FSU fans are off the wagon and the rest are just arrogant sob's who like to dredge up the past since FSU can no longer get it done on the field.

You want respect?  Be excited about Chuck.  Be excited about Jimbo.  But don't be an arrogant prick and claim "we have the greatest coaching staff" when your team hasn't played a down with these guys. 

As for injuries and freshmen, correct me if I am wrong but can't just about any coach win with great players?  Isn't  what seperates great coaches from the rest is that they overcome injuries and such and persevere through adversity?  So are you saying the staff isn't  that good and can only win with superior talent?  Make up your mind.  I once saw Bill Belechick win a SB with a patched up defense.  Now that is great coaching. And I do believe UF had about 15 or so Freshmen contribute this year, so you can win with those guys.  Quit making excuses, it's pathetic.

And its not my agenda to talk bad about FSU, but when I see ridiculously arrogant and ignorant statements like "we have the best coaching staff" or "our team is amazing bc we went wire to wire" I can't help but point out how retarded that is. 

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 19, 2007, 03:33:20 PM »

I didn't rain on anything ass clown. I just scoffed at your arrogant comment of "we have the best coaching staff in the nation." You couldn't handle that I disagreed. I don't feel the need to go in every FSU thread and hate. My name is not Runole. He lives his life to bash UF, so yeah occasionally I'll jibe at FSU because I know it gets to him. And as for UF winning the NC, I heard it all year long about how we sucked and didn't deserve and blah lah blah from all you FSU homers so don't try me with that BS.

As for the "wire to wire" issue' that has been ongoing since preseason between runole and myself. I had no hate for FSU. I brought up USC as well. I just believe it is arrogant and ignorant to claim that because voters got it right twice in history somehow those teams are greater than others such as 05 Texas, 01 Miami, or countless other teams who went undefeated. UF has nothing to do with that so there goes your theory. I am just sick of you clowns hating on everyone elses accomplishments and acting like FSU poop don't stink. You would think a 7-6 season would humble you some but nope. You guys just live in the past and bring up crap like "7-6 is ok because we went wire to wire in 99" Wow. It is 2007. Seems like a lot of FSU fans are off the wagon and the rest are just arrogant sob's who like to dredge up the past since FSU can no longer get it done on the field.

You want respect? Be excited about Chuck. Be excited about Jimbo. But don't be an arrogant prick and claim "we have the greatest coaching staff" when your team hasn't played a down with these guys.

As for injuries and freshmen, correct me if I am wrong but can't just about any coach win with great players? Isn't what seperates great coaches from the rest is that they overcome injuries and such and persevere through adversity? So are you saying the staff isn't that good and can only win with superior talent? Make up your mind. I once saw Bill Belechick win a SB with a patched up defense. Now that is great coaching. And I do believe UF had about 15 or so Freshmen contribute this year, so you can win with those guys. Quit making excuses, it's pathetic.

And its not my agenda to talk bad about FSU, but when I see ridiculously arrogant and ignorant statements like "we have the best coaching staff" or "our team is amazing bc we went wire to wire" I can't help but point out how retarded that is.

I am done with you for this week, although it has been fun.  See you around, and have a nice season guy.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #14 : January 19, 2007, 04:11:32 PM »

I love you too man!

Good luck to FSU in Basketball this year.  I think they'll make the tourney and win a game.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chuck Amato returns back to FSU to coach LB's!!! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools