Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chuck Amato returns back to FSU to coach LB's!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 19, 2007, 04:50:18 PM

I love you too man!

Good luck to FSU in Basketball this year. I think they'll make the tourney and win a game.

College basketball is irrelevant.   The day after you guys won the football championship, all the gators in my office were saying "champs in baketball and football."  My reply, "name 5 college basketball players."  Their reply "Joakim Noah..."  And that was pretty much the only guy they could name.  Thus proving to me a fact I already knew, very few people care about college basketball.  To most people it's nothing more than a pool in March.  Football is king in the south, so don't bother bragging about gator b-ball, and bashing FSU b-ball because I could give a crap.

I do enjoy debating college football, so I am sure we will have plenty of good posting wars in the future.

And for what it's worth, I do recall seeing you and runole bickering, but i stayed out for the most part.  So pardon me if I missed anything good.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#16 : January 19, 2007, 10:44:06 PM

I love you too man!

Good luck to FSU in Basketball this year. I think they'll make the tourney and win a game.

College basketball is irrelevant. The day after you guys won the football championship, all the gators in my office were saying "champs in baketball and football." My reply, "name 5 college basketball players." Their reply "Joakim Noah..." And that was pretty much the only guy they could name. Thus proving to me a fact I already knew, very few people care about college basketball. To most people it's nothing more than a pool in March. Football is king in the south, so don't bother bragging about gator b-ball, and bashing FSU b-ball because I could give a crap.

I do enjoy debating college football, so I am sure we will have plenty of good posting wars in the future.

And for what it's worth, I do recall seeing you and runole bickering, but i stayed out for the most part. So pardon me if I missed anything good.

I really wasn't bashing FSU basketball...but ok man whatever.

ANd I can name players from teams this year, and plenty of years past.

And don't kid yourself...basketball is important.  It hasn't been AS important in Florida schools because for the most part none of them have ever been any good.  Florida is setting the bar, and teams are taking it more and more seriously.  Holding teh Basketabll and Football championships simultaneously is a major accomplishment...something that has NEVER been done in the history of College Athletics.  These are considered the 2 Major college sports and for a team to hold both titles is truly special.  It is one thing for a school to be dominant in one sport, but to be able to field great teams in multiple sports speaks volumes for your schools athletic program.   

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#17 : January 20, 2007, 09:08:35 PM

A FSU fan with half a brain. 

Snook

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 22, 2007, 12:51:02 AM

FSU's coaching staff on offense really came together.  I think they got what they wanted.  Trickett is already making his presence felt and Jimbo should be a HUGE upgrade.  I also really like the Dawsey and Carter hirings.  Bringing in some former players from the late 80's will help out recruiting.  Also, Dawsey has done a great job at LSU and USF.

BayDay39

Second String

#19 : January 22, 2007, 02:22:24 AM

I don't think it's a stretch at all to say FSU now has the best coaching staff in the nation.
Maybe 15 years ago.

Most of the FSU coaches are past their time.

haha thanks for your two cents. And you attack Runole for being a FSU homer? It's not like Chuck Amato didn't just have Manny Lawson, Mario Williams, Oliver Hoyte, or Tank Tyler on his team less than a year ago. Jimbo Fisher is fresh off a Sugar Bowl win. Dawsey did a helluva a good job at USF and is very young.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#20 : January 22, 2007, 02:21:12 PM

I think FSU made some major upgades to their staff no doubt.

I just question calling them the "best staff in CFB" is all.

I believe that is truly an arrogant statement to make before they have even coached 1 game.

I never said it didn't look good or wasn't an improvement.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 22, 2007, 02:42:13 PM

Bama has a better staff than FSU ;)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 22, 2007, 05:05:36 PM

Ok  Here is the deal  you can sign a contract that pay $215,000.00  a year now and wait for Bowden to retire, or you can sign a contract for $750,000.00 a year for the same duration.  Which do you take?

Be honest!  Love of Money or respect for a program and how it is run and taking a much lower yearly salary.  Why did Steele leave to go to Bama?  One thing!   An advancement to DC and substantial pay increase.

Fishers move was parallel  OC at Bama  LSU or FSU??   ....  Fisher made a choice not based on Money. I find that most refreshing today!!   Will Bowden retire next year?  or 5 years?   No one knows!!

What about Amato?? Think he got a pay raise from being a head Coach to LB coach??  I guess you just don't get it!!

BayDay39

Second String

#23 : January 22, 2007, 03:39:16 PM

Bama has a better staff than FSU ;)

I don't care if we (FSU) has Karen coaching on the sidelines as long as we win.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 22, 2007, 03:42:02 PM

What truly is amazing about the new staff is these coaches took less money to play for Bowden and FSU than they could have gotten elsewhere.  How often do you see that today???  It obviously has everything to do what Bowden has stood for during his stay at FSU.  Obviously his high standards  of ethics, loyalty, integrity, honesty , and decency are still attractive attributes to at least some coaches.

Yes the staff is impressive on paper with a great mix of youth and experience.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#25 : January 22, 2007, 04:21:22 PM

It also could be they took less money knowing BB has at most 5 years left and they figure if they are on staff they have a great chance of taking over.

But I am sure all that ethics, loyalty, etc. Runole wants us to believe so badly had something to do with it also...

#26 : January 22, 2007, 04:23:28 PM

It also could be they took less money knowing BB has at most 5 years left and they figure if they are on staff they have a great chance of taking over.

But I am sure all that ethics, loyalty, etc. Runole wants us to believe so badly had something to do with it also...
Of course Ray-Ray, this has nothing to do with being the next in line, they just love the integrity that FSU promotes.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#27 : January 22, 2007, 04:41:29 PM

Right.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 22, 2007, 05:20:44 PM

Why did Steele leave to go to Bama? One thing! An advancement to DC and substantial pay increase.

That's two things ;)

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 22, 2007, 05:21:33 PM

Ok Here is the deal you can sign a contract that pay $215,000.00 a year now and wait for Bowden to retire, or you can sign a contract for $750,000.00 a year for the same duration. Which do you take?

Be honest! Love of Money or respect for a program and how it is run and taking a much lower yearly salary. Why did Steele leave to go to Bama? One thing! An advancement to DC and substantial pay increase.

Fishers move was parallel OC at Bama LSU or FSU?? .... Fisher made a choice not based on Money. I find that most refreshing today!! Will Bowden retire next year? or 5 years? No one knows!!

What about Amato?? Think he got a pay raise from being a head Coach to LB coach?? I guess you just don't get it!!
Had Bama not withdrawn their offer, Fisher would be in Tuscaloosa.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chuck Amato returns back to FSU to coach LB's!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools